| | 08-01-2012, 03:34 PM Thread Author #1
ColEm for the Blackberry Playbook
ColEm is a ColecoVision emulator that has been ported to many different platforms, and now the Blackberry Playbook. You will need to supply your own BIOS file in order to use ColEm.
If you still don't know how to sideload apps there is a good description here.
Both the installer and source are on github:
Run the application once so that it can set up the folders that it needs then place your ROM files in misc/ColEm/ROM and your BIOS in misc/ColEm/BIOS. The BIOSs name must be COLECO.ROM (case sensitive).
The controller buttons that are visible on the screen are:
- The standard number pad buttons (0-9, #, and *),
- The dpad,
- The left fire button (yellow),
- The right fire button (red),
- And two SuperAction buttons (blue and purple).
There are also 4 buttons that aren't visible on the screen. They can be located by swiping downward from the top of the screen. The non-visible buttons are:
- ROM selector (top left),
- Load/Save state buttons (bottom left),
- And a 1st/2nd controller switcher (just left of the * key).
ColEm is ported from source code written by Marat Fayzullin.