I've created this thread to avoid further hijacking bbf16's WDTV thread.

Thanks for offering your testing services . Here's the link to download clicker:

• You'll have to enter the IP address of your WDTV (auto discovery would require native app development and more effort)

• Some services (like Hulu) don't allow volume to be controlled. Let me know if you find others.

Here's the description that I've submitted for BlackBerry World:

Clicker is an easy to use function rich remote control for your WDTV Live Streaming Media Player (SMP). Clicker let's you get the most out of your WDTV Live SMP by controlling it with your Blackberry Playbook. Enter the IP address of your WDTV and take control of your entertainment with this exceptional remote.

Main features:

* navigation buttons
    * media controls
    * volume slider
    * numberpad
    * quick and complete access to online services
    * keyboard entry
    * remote power off

To follow application development, make suggestions or get support, follow us on Twitter (@PlaybookClicker).
    Here are some screenshots. Let me know what you think.

Very nice. Much more than I expected.
    I like the Services screen even though I only use Netflix.
    Do the 12 Services buttons on the main screen work individually or is it like one big button that opens the services screen?

Could those 12 buttons be customizable (sp)? Like assigning the services you use most. Is it possible to pick up the Favorites from the WD TV device?

Do you want a tester? I am a programmer but haven't attempted anything for the Playbook yet. Most of what I do is database front ends for work.
    Thanks for the feedback. Each service button on the main screen works individually and they are customizable (I've limited to 12).

I am not aware of a way to request favorites from the Wdtv and would definitely add this functionality if it is there.

Beautiful, good use of the drop down menu (no accidental power off tapping :-). Let us know about availability or beta testing!
    And being webworks, portability to bb10 should be fairly easy...
    Thx for creating the app, Wolf
    I've installed and configure the app. Everything seems to function as it should.
    The portrait mode was a nice surprise.

Is it possible to add shortcuts to WDTV menu items as available items for the 12 service icons on the right? Videos, Music, Photos, etc.?
    I know these can be programmed to remote keys in the WDTV itself. I don't know what WD has given programmers access to.
    I have the GPL Code package here but only used the parts related to themes.

In portrait mode, people with smaller hands may like the ability to have the navigation buttons closer to the right or left side of the screen rather than centered.
    A shortcut to the web interface could be useful too, although there isn't much you can do from the Playbook other than add RSS feeds that seldom work.

None of these suggestions should be taken as criticism, just suggestions.

Again, very nice.
    Thanks
    SEAWARRIOR and Wolfgan like this.
    02-02-13 09:41 AM
    Does the app work with the WD TV Live Hub?
    I don't own one but the iOS app seems to work for both.
    If yours does it should be included in the description so Hub users know.
    02-02-13 09:53 AM
    is this for playbook??? is this only for wireless pc tv??? this looks awesome,,, great job...
    02-02-13 11:38 AM
    Does the app work with the WD TV Live Hub?
    I don't own one but the iOS app seems to work for both.
    If yours does it should be included in the description so Hub users know.
    I don't know if it will work for the WDTV Live Hub ... can anyone out there try it out?
    Last edited by thecodemonkee; 02-02-13 at 12:10 PM. Reason: added quote
    02-02-13 12:07 PM
    is this for playbook??? is this only for wireless pc tv??? this looks awesome,,, great job...
    This app will let you control your WDTV Live SMP media player (and maybe the WDTV Live Hub) with your Playbook. Thanks for the feedback.
    02-02-13 12:09 PM
    I don't know if it will work for the WDTV Live Hub ... can anyone out there try it out?
    Can confirm it is working with wdtv live hub. Sweet......
    thecodemonkee likes this.
    02-02-13 03:52 PM
    Works like a charm, truly thanks!
    thecodemonkee likes this.
    02-02-13 04:29 PM
    Thank you guys for testing!

I've shut down the download link. I'll let you know when it's up on BlackBerry World. Any thoughts on how much to list it for?
    02-02-13 04:37 PM
    I have wanted this so badly! Especially keyboard! Can't wait for App release!
    02-02-13 08:39 PM
    Thank you guys for testing!

I've shut down the download link. I'll let you know when it's up on BlackBerry World. Any thoughts on how much to list it for?
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity.

I like it but, WD gives away the app for Android and iOS, so probably $0.99.
    I don't know if you would have enough interest for a $1.99 price.

Have you approached WD about buying it?

Good luck to you and thanks again for your work.
    02-02-13 09:30 PM
    Trial with limited features (Free) and then a full version for .99. More downloads if cheaper vs more. This day and age everyone wants something for nothing.
    02-02-13 11:14 PM
    This is awesome! I've been looking/wishing for this for 2 years! Does it work with the latest standard firmware or do you need that "other" firmware (BRAD)?
    Instant purchase by me if so.
    02-03-13 01:55 AM
    This is awesome! I've been looking/wishing for this for 2 years! Does it work with the latest standard firmware or do you need that "other" firmware (BRAD)?
    Worked with stock firmware for me... No need to modify your wdtv :-)
    02-03-13 05:36 AM
    I think you are mixing up your WD TV boxes.
    This is for the newer WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (SMP) and the Live HUB. There is no WDLXTV (brad) firmware for these, yet...
    If you have an original WD TV Live or Live Plus this remote app will not work. I tried.
    02-03-13 10:22 AM
    I think you are mixing up your WD TV boxes.
    This is for the newer WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (SMP) and the Live HUB. There is no WDLXTV (brad) firmware for these, yet...
    If you have an original WD TV Live or Live Plus this remote app will not work. I tried.
    Thanks Angus. So... Does anyone know if this app will work if I update the firmware to WDLXTV-Live – The extreme upgrade? At least that would give me web access I think. If not, maybe it's time for a new player.
    Cheers,
    02-03-13 01:11 PM
    It won't work with the older boxes no matter what firmware is on them, as far as I know.
    I have an old WD TV Live Plus with WDLXTV on it and a new WD TV Live SMP.
    I don't know why you installed the WDLXTV firmware but I can tell you the newer WD media player is pretty good.
    It's easy to set up movie sheets, TV show info.
    Costco seems to have the best price, $87.99 - $97.99.

I guess we shouldn't hijack this thread with WD TV talk.
    02-03-13 03:46 PM
    Thanks again. I haven't tried the WDLXTV firmware yet BTW, just curious. And I think if I were OP I'd be happy if the app worked on more boxes, and that this topic stayed on top!
    Cheers bud.
    02-03-13 05:01 PM
    Thanks Angus. So... Does anyone know if this app will work if I update the firmware to WDLXTV-Live – The extreme upgrade? At least that would give me web access I think. If not, maybe it's time for a new player.
    Cheers,
    Hello fellow canuck, I wrote the app for the wdtv live smp. It's a bonus to know that it works for the live hub too (thanks for confirming dray451)..

I'm willing to update the app to work with the original wdtv (with or without custom firmware). I'd need some help testing because I don't own a wdtv live or live plus. Do these models have a web interface?
    02-03-13 10:18 PM
    Is this still available to try? Link seems dead .
    02-03-13 10:31 PM
    Hello fellow canuck, I wrote the app for the wdtv live smp. It's a bonus to know that it works for the live hub too (thanks for confirming dray451)..

I'm willing to update the app to work with the original wdtv (with or without custom firmware). I'd need some help testing because I don't own a wdtv live or live plus. Do these models have a web interface?
    Not by default, but check this site out...
    B-RAD � WDLXTV-Live – The extreme upgrade
    I'm more than willing to try this on my standard WDTV Live to check the web access if you'd like.
    Thanks for the feedback sir!
    02-03-13 10:38 PM

I have both a WD TV Live Plus and a WD TV SMP and I'm also a Canuck.

I just tried your app again with the Live Plus. I have the WDLXTV firmware installed.
    When I connect I get a Username / Password dialog. The default for these is wdlxtv for both.
    It seems to accept the login / password, then I get a 404 error.

The web remote for WDLXTV uses a .php file and javascript.
    canuckvoip likes this.
    02-04-13 07:01 AM
    While this app sounds nice, you'd have to pry my copy of WDLXTV from my cold, dead hands.

Seriously, nothing comes close to the level of functionality, especially when you factor in the integrated ruTorrent client. As someone who lives overseas, and thus has no access to major streaming media providers, the ability to queue up a bunch of torrented TV content and then have it download directly to my WDTV's attached 1TB hard disk, is an absolute godsend. Perhaps not as convenient as Netflix, but darn close. Combined with EZTV.it, WDLXTV is a real lifeline for the ex-patriot in me.

RCK
    02-04-13 10:42 AM
    I have both a WD TV Live Plus and a WD TV SMP and I'm also a Canuck.

I just tried your app again with the Live Plus. I have the WDLXTV firmware installed.
    When I connect I get a Username / Password dialog. The default for these is wdlxtv for both.
    It seems to accept the login / password, then I get a 404 error.

The web remote for WDLXTV uses a .php file and javascript.
    Nice job Angus. I might give this a go myself as well. No harm in trying. Curious to know what happens with various browsers...

Cheers,
    02-04-13 10:45 AM
    I'll check out the WDLXTV web interface and see if I can update the app to be compatible with it ... I'll definitely need some testers because I don't have this device
    02-04-13 03:54 PM
    Is this still available to try? Link seems dead .
    I killed the link after getting some feedback. It should be available in Blackberry World shortly ... I've been waiting for approval for over three weeks
    02-04-13 03:57 PM
39 12