Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    526 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Civilization / freeciv type game?

Any civilization type games or ports of freeciv to PlayBook? I would try the web based freeciv.net but the server appears to be down.

You know, it would be really easy to port freeciv with the NDK that includes the SDL library!
    Moto V170 -> Moto Q9c -> Curve 8330 -> HTC Hero -> Bold 9650 -> Nexus S 4G -> Bold 9930
    CrackBerry Abuser

I would love a civilization game, had civilization revelution on my ipod and I loved it!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Civilization on Facebook works sometimes...iffy for me. However, find Empires and Allies on Facebook works really well on PB. Worth a try.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    PIN
    P.M. me for a possible answer.

That's about the only one I know, Civilization for Facebook... but it's just not my type of game.
    I've always thought it'll be nice to have this game for a tablet. Seems way more suiting (Especially for 4G models... if we get any) for a tablet to have a game of that nature. I know it'll be way to long for us to get it though... at least one that'll live up to the name.
    Are you really that bored to read my signature, or am I just that interesting to you?
    CrackBerry User

Default civilization/freeciv port to playbook?

Is anybody porting civilization or freeciv to playbook?
    Between Realities

Global Posts
    12,583 Global Posts

Concrete Software used to have a Civ port on BB. Check with them. Good folks out there.
    CrackBerry User

At least FreeCiv is unix based. The controls would have to be reworked; but otherwise porting it to PB seems feasible?

EDIT: just found the Android port: "http://forum.freeciv.org/viewtopic.php?t=7053"
    Last edited by bronze51; 10-23-2011 at 02:41 PM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Play Civilization 2 on PSX emulator on playbook

Better install a Psx emulator and have your self an IMG(Iso wont work) copy of Civilization 2 in psx version
    CrackBerry Newbie

Another way is to install an Snes emulator and have yourself an ROM image copy of Civilization of Snes