For those of you interested in a Citrix Receiver for your Playbook but are unsure of it's status, you may want to look here:

Citrix Receiver and the RIM PlayBook | Citrix Blogs

Of particular interest is this message from about four weeks ago:

All great products take time to bake!

As we�ve said all along, Citrix Receiver for PlayBook will be available by the end of next month. It may be made available prior to June 30th but I�m not making any promises. We�d rather deliver a fully-capable product that delivers what we�ve promised with any Receiver and be able to leverage some of the goodness that comes with the PlayBook and do it in such a way that doesn�t require it to be quickly updated to remove bugs or quirks. Patience comes to those that wait�

I personally would love to have it as soon as possible as that would be one less thing I need to lug a netbook around for.
    kyopo and boldbob like this.
    06-14-11 09:58 AM
    One of the last corporate apps I can't hit with the playbook is our highly customized Siebel implementation - the still want us running Internet Exploder 6 to use it but they offer a citrix link so I can run on someone else's IE6.... so thats what I'll use for the PlayBook... wonderful... don't need any Oracle code on this box! It would be even better if it worked over the bridge link.... so I don't need to be on the corporate LAN to get to citrix.
    06-14-11 11:01 AM
    I need this and Java.
    06-14-11 02:34 PM
    Can't wait
    06-14-11 08:18 PM
    Yeah, I've been counting down the days until the end of June. This will be the other piece I need to really make this tablet indispensable, not that I go anywhere without it as it is. LOL.

I do a daily search for Citrix in AppWorld just in case...
    06-14-11 08:37 PM
    I am on the list try try it when the beta is available and I have yet to get anything so I wouldn't hold your breath for a June 30th release
    06-15-11 03:50 AM
    I am on the list try try it when the beta is available and I have yet to get anything so I wouldn't hold your breath for a June 30th release
    Same here, and they were originally telling us it would be in beta by the time Synergy happened at the end of May.. I hate waiting..
    06-15-11 05:44 AM
    Crap, i was hoping to take the "June 30th" at face value. At least it appears that they *are* working on something (which is positive) unlike other developers where the answers are somewhat ambiguous.
    06-15-11 11:01 AM
    how does one get on beta lists? is this through RIM or individually at vendors?
    06-16-11 08:32 AM
    I am also very much interested in this app. will wait for it.
    06-16-11 09:00 AM
    For this app it would be through Citrix themselves - but it appears that they have enough beta testers already.
    06-16-11 09:01 AM
    how does one get on beta lists? is this through RIM or individually at vendors?
    I emailed [email protected] and asked to be put on the beat list. She will ask for Citrix user id, and put you on the list. My guess you will get this "please forward your MyCitrix ID and we will add you in. At this time we do not have an ETA for the beta." I received that on May 26th.
    06-16-11 09:02 AM
    I emailed Robin at Citrix yesterday (9/6) and she responded with this late last night: "We will be releasing the Tech Preview version of the Receiver for Playbook later this week. It will be available to anyone in the AppWorld store in the Test area. The tech preview version does not currently support Access Gateway. It will support AG when version 1 is released at the end of this month."

Great news!!
    09-07-11 05:05 PM
    What is the "test area" of app world?
    09-07-11 06:26 PM
    i assume she is talking about the "Test Center" section of App World. It is one of the main categories under the Apps section.
    Guyzer likes this.
    09-07-11 06:35 PM
    Very good news. Really need this for work...
    09-07-11 09:01 PM
    i assume she is talking about the "Test Center" section of App World. It is one of the main categories under the Apps section.
    Funny, some items there are really "tests" and others are beta versions of apps.
    09-08-11 07:48 AM
    For those of you interested in a Citrix Receiver for your Playbook but are unsure of it's status, you may want to look here:

[url=http://blogs.citrix.com/2011/04/19/citrix-receiver-and-the-rim-playbook/]Citrix Receiver and the RIM PlayBook | Citrix Blogs[/url
    latest from citrix blog, quoting, Benjamin Baer
    17 hours ago � his Reply

"I can happily confirm that the rumor[crackberry.com forum post] is correct. It does appear that we�re having an issue related to posting the code in Appworld that MAY push off availability until early next week but the code is done and the tech preview of Receiver for Playbook is imminent! The distribution will be available via the Test Center in Blackberry AppWorld�"
    kyopo and Jake2826 like this.
    09-10-11 08:27 AM
    Awesome! This is the first app on my want/need list of unavailable apps. Ditching my netbook just got a lot closer.
    09-10-11 08:46 PM
    Here is the link to that blog. The comments are at the bottom.

Citrix Receiver and the RIM PlayBook | Citrix Blogs
    09-10-11 10:37 PM
    Here is the latest:

Beta was delivered to RIM over the weekend. Should be posted no later than end of day Wednesday.
    kyopo likes this.
    09-12-11 07:26 PM
    It's already in App World.
    09-14-11 03:01 AM
    It's already in App World.
    And looks great, still needs some work but is exactly what I have been waiting for
    09-14-11 03:42 AM
    Does anyone know if this can be used to access Metaframe?
    09-14-11 07:04 AM
    Has anyone gotten this working? at work we all just got a playbook, and its great that citrix came out with an app, but we all cannot seem to connect. A few of us have iPads, and it works fine on the iPad.
    09-14-11 08:39 AM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD