Pipeline

Application Description:

Say hello to Pipeline -- a sleek and enticing new way to discover news and experience content on the web. A smooth interface, beautiful picture previews, an elegant article viewer and Google Reader integration are just a few of Pipeline's exciting features. What's more, just enter your favorite web site or Twitter link and Pipeline automatically locates the feed or timeline -- no need for manually adding news feeds.

Features:

-- Integration with Google Reader.
    -- Picture previews.
    -- View articles and images offline.
    -- Star and mark articles as read.
    -- Integrated article viewer.
    -- Weather and forecast info.
    -- Share articles via email.
    -- RSS & Atom feeds supported.
    -- Integrated feedback form.
    -- List of popular feeds online.
    -- Social media integration with Facebook, Twitter and Reddit.
    -- Supports landscape and portrait view.

More Details:

The standard version of Pipeline is FREE and offers a 14-day trial of Google Reader integration & offline reading. For the full version, download Pipeline Pro.

# Device: BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet
    # From: Magnoware Systems, Inc.
    # Genre: News & Information
    # Release: Approved for BlackBerry AppWorld.

Now available in appworld for FREE or Pipeline Pro for $2.99 USD.

Pipeline Pro($2.99 USD):

Pipeline Standard(Free):

Screenshots:

crackb3ri likes this.
    05-12-11 06:52 PM
    Wow that looks nice... Is read status sync'd to GR?
    05-12-11 08:05 PM
    Looks great, but the touch interface feels really laggy and slow. Any way to speed it up, or must we wait for the native SDK to be released so you can code it natively?
    05-12-11 08:29 PM
    Hello all, I'm one of the developers of Pipeline. I appreciate your feedback!

To answer some of your questions:

1. Yes, Pipeline syncs read status with Google Reader.

2. It may seem laggy because RIM/Adobe need to update the Flash/Adobe Air implmentation on the actual device, which will happen likely sometime this summer. This affects all apps to a certain extent -- specifically ones written under Flex.

It'll definitely improve as updates are received.

Cheers,
    05-12-11 09:41 PM
    wow, this app is friggin amazing.... bit slow (I hear ya about RIM updating flash thingy) but its still simply amazing!!!! BIG THANKS FOR THIS APP!!!
    05-13-11 07:33 AM
    Great App! well worth the $

looking forward to summer update
    05-13-11 07:57 AM
    App is a little slow, also, when I add google reader I have 1000 unread articles but if i click on the google reader header only about 50 are in the list, i have to click on individual subscriptions to read the rest, which negates the timeline aspect of the app.
    05-13-11 09:55 AM
    I love this app! I wish you guys would do a Twitter client with the same look and feel. Awesome work!
    05-13-11 11:01 AM
    Looking good guys. Nice job.
    Last edited by frfghtr; 05-13-11 at 12:26 PM.
    05-13-11 11:09 AM
    Good application, but for my use it is missing (or at least I could not find it out) the way to mark all the "articles" of google reader as read...

This is the feature number 1 for my use...
    05-13-11 11:41 AM
    i sent in a message with the feedback tool,,,,but after i submitted oncce, it woild not let me send another one.
    05-13-11 12:19 PM
    looks like you have to log out, then ppen it back up again to send another message.
    05-13-11 12:20 PM
    Thanks to everybody for the great feedback! We're working hard to improve the speed of the application, so there should be a noticeable difference in the next update (scrolling/switching between stories/syncing/etc).

A few things we're working to improve:
    1. Marking all articles as read in one swoop (instead of individually).
    2. Pagination for viewing additional articles in the timeline.
    3. 2-step authentication for Google accounts.

A few other projects we're considering juggling:
    1. Barcode/QR Code reader (leaning on this one since there isn't one that we know of that's available, yet).
    2. Twitter client.

Let me know which one you guys would like to see most.
    05-13-11 12:53 PM
    what is the possiblity of making a reader that allows for selecting a part of the webpage as an overlay, that has the barcode/qr code, and making it read that way?
    05-13-11 01:04 PM
    AWESOME app!
    05-13-11 01:17 PM
    what is the possiblity of making a reader that allows for selecting a part of the webpage as an overlay, that has the barcode/qr code, and making it read that way?
    It shouldn't be too difficult as it'd require taking a screenshot of the browser area then submitting it to our server to do the image processing and barcode discovery. Of course, it'd be a bit more complicated then that behind the scenes, but certainly possible.
    05-13-11 01:33 PM
    I have whats probably a dumb question or rather two dumb questions. First, if I type an RSS address or URL into the URL window and forget to give the Feed a name, is there a way to edit this without having to delete the feed and start from scratch?

Also, sometimes the progrma will not find the RSS feed on a website if I type the address becaue the RSS feed's address is long/complicated/hard to find (I'm not sure). If I go to the website through the browser, I can find the proper address. I thought I could highlight the address and copy it and paste it into the app. So far, I can copy it (at least i think i am) but I'm unable to get the Playbook to give me the paste option in the app. Is this not supported or, more likely, am I doing something wrong.

For reference, the website I was trying to load the feed from was the CTV News for BC (British Columbia news broadcast). I ended up just writing down the address on a paper and then typing it in manually so it works in the end. I'm just curious if I was doing something wrong.

Great app - love it.
    05-13-11 09:33 PM

A few other projects we're considering juggling:
    1. Barcode/QR Code reader (leaning on this one since there isn't one that we know of that's available, yet).
    2. Twitter client.

Let me know which one you guys would like to see most.
    qr code now just went up for sale for $1, dunno who makes it but looks very like Qair for desktop (available from adobe marketplace for pc).

id say make the twitter client as people are clamouring for one of them
    05-13-11 09:59 PM
    I have whats probably a dumb question or rather two dumb questions. First, if I type an RSS address or URL into the URL window and forget to give the Feed a name, is there a way to edit this without having to delete the feed and start from scratch?

Also, sometimes the progrma will not find the RSS feed on a website if I type the address becaue the RSS feed's address is long/complicated/hard to find (I'm not sure). If I go to the website through the browser, I can find the proper address. I thought I could highlight the address and copy it and paste it into the app. So far, I can copy it (at least i think i am) but I'm unable to get the Playbook to give me the paste option in the app. Is this not supported or, more likely, am I doing something wrong.

For reference, the website I was trying to load the feed from was the CTV News for BC (British Columbia news broadcast). I ended up just writing down the address on a paper and then typing it in manually so it works in the end. I'm just curious if I was doing something wrong.

Great app - love it.
    in addition, if i go to a website, and copy the link, i cannot paste it into the pipeline program....tap/hold doesnt allow for pasting.
    05-13-11 10:26 PM
    nice looking app. its very laggy, might revisit it again once the navigation is smooth and seamless. also, if i have several feeds in google reader, i cant seem to choose the particular feed, it shows me ALL feeds... wojld be nice if i am given the choice to see which feed in google reader
    05-14-11 12:52 AM
    This is quickly turning into one of my favourite PB apps. My only beef is that when I'm scrolling through my RSS feeds I'm constantly opening links without meaning too. It would be great if there was a scrolling bar to the right to avoid this. But all in all, great job and thanks for a great app!
    05-14-11 11:00 AM
    This is quickly turning into one of my favourite PB apps. My only beef is that when I'm scrolling through my RSS feeds I'm constantly opening links without meaning too. It would be great if there was a scrolling bar to the right to avoid this. But all in all, great job and thanks for a great app!
    Thank you We are also experiencing this, and it should be fixed in the coming update (as well as performance).

A few other things we've got down the pipeline are copy & paste, better twitter integration, and Oauth for Google Reader.

For those that're interested, here's a pic of a hand drawing I did of the user interface concept:

http://twitpic.com/show/large/3oofx2
    05-14-11 07:17 PM
    If you want to release a preview version of the free one, you could give us the bar file and we could load it up. Would be happy to give feedback on what I found when trying it out as well.
    05-14-11 07:25 PM
    the app is beautiful and reminds me a lot of Reeder on the iPad, which is a great thing, as that is probably the app i use most.

however, the lag on the app (especially when scrolling up and down through feeds on the left column) renders the app almost unusable. I am excited to see well-designed apps for the fledgling Playbook and am eager to see these kinks worked out.
    05-16-11 03:56 AM
    Hi guys, I wanted to update this thread since Pipeline has been featured on the CrackBerry.com homepage

I wanted to let you all know that we're working on making Pipeline a fully-fledged twitter client and RSS/Google Reader app.

We're about to submit an update to AppWorld that addresses many of the minor quirks -- keep in mind it's the initial release of Pipeline.

If you'd like updates to know when full Twitter integration is coming, follow us on twitter @ twitter.com/magnoware

Thanks guys!
    05-17-11 11:42 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD