hey guys, the game that xsacha had before released, chasing yello by tactile entertainment was released and is free. go get it in the new releases section
    lexsteryo and KidCaboose like this.
    02-01-13 06:09 PM
    Its wonderful game Btw they also released another hit title "Pigs in Trees" - highly rated app on iOS and Android, both for Playbook and BB10.
    Links for both games here:
    BlackBerry World - Pigs In Trees
    BlackBerry World - Chasing Yello
    lexsteryo and KidCaboose like this.
    02-01-13 06:29 PM
    Its wonderful game Btw they also released another hit title "Pigs in Trees" - highly rated app on iOS and Android, both for Playbook and BB10.
    Links for both games here:
    BlackBerry World - Pigs In Trees
    BlackBerry World - Chasing Yello
    Doesn't seem Pigs in trees is for PlayBook.
    02-02-13 09:36 AM
    So, I've played Chasing Yello for about 15 minutes. First impression, really good. I don't normally like this kind of game, the Temple Run/Running Fred/Jetpack Joyride genre. But this game has good graphics, smooth gameplay, collectibles, unlockables, mini-missions. You upgrade with stars you collect, and can make in game star purchases. The cost of upgrades is high, which is to be expected, I suppose. But collecting stars isn't that bad, and there are upgradesthat make the process quicker and easier.

The main thing for me is the gameplay. The tilt controls are remarkably well executed. Responsive, precise, and your fish doesn't move quick enough to make it uncontrollable. This is combned with a variety of swipe move to make your fish dodge, jump, and dive. I wouldn't suggest playing the game in public, because you risk performing extreme gamer faces, and may clock a passerby with your PlayBook as you try to leap a stone that's juuuuuust out of reach to pick up a star magnet power-up.
    lexsteryo likes this.
    02-02-13 10:17 AM
    In case anyone wants a video review, here is mine

pttptppt likes this.
    02-02-13 11:26 AM
    It seems Chasing Yello has disappeared from Blackberry World now.
    The description was wierd on the game and there were no snapshots for the game, even though it was release officially under Tactile Entertainment.
    I am guessing they will re-release it after correcting that.
    02-03-13 10:10 AM
    It seems Chasing Yello has disappeared from Blackberry World now.
    The description was wierd on the game and there were no snapshots for the game, even though it was release officially under Tactile Entertainment.
    I am guessing they will re-release it after correcting that.
    Or maybe slap a price tag on it!
    02-03-13 11:24 AM
    I noticed it was gone too. Oh well, I had already snagged it luckily, based on the AW reviews.
    One annoyance is how quickly the missions snap on & off the screen after a game. No way to read them that fast.
    02-03-13 03:18 PM
    really good game anybody know what happen in the description sememd al f -ed up like litteraly xD I was skeptical because of it.
    02-03-13 05:09 PM
    @elite1, You can swipe left to Goals section on Main Menu to see the missions
    Elite1 likes this.
    02-03-13 07:20 PM
    It's on the appworld website, but listed under BB10 OS. Maybe was pushed to PB by accident? Same with Pigs in Trees.
    Last edited by tovento; 02-04-13 at 11:25 AM.
    02-04-13 11:02 AM
    I feel so sorry for Yello. And I'm glad they allow you to turn off the girls voice. They did too well a job of making it nice/creepy.
    02-04-13 12:24 PM
    It's on the appworld website, but listed under BB10 OS. Maybe was pushed to PB by accident? Same with Pigs in Trees.
    if it was by accident, then it wouldn't work on playbook as it doesn't run bb10. They probably pulled it because of the description and have now submitted it back.
    02-04-13 02:16 PM
    I was able to install it on my PB. Works great, though "post to Faceboo or Twitter" does not work. Plus the description for the game in BlackBerry World is all messed up.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    sem1604 likes this.
    02-06-13 05:48 AM
    Did you get ur hands on the bar? I still can't seem to find it for the playbook.
    02-07-13 02:45 AM
    How is everyone installing Chasing Yello? Not in Blackberry World on the PB. If I look for it on the website, it's there, but still showing as OS 10+.
    02-07-13 12:29 PM
    Wow, this game is 80mb. Downloading now to try it out!
    02-07-13 12:49 PM
    Is this maybe available in the US and not in Canada? Looked again for this, and it won't let me d/l for the PB.
    02-08-13 07:21 AM
    No it was pulled off for the PB. Happy I DLed it on PB while I could.

I have it on Z10 now too, and it plays much smoother with BB10. So I assume listing as PB app was accidental.
    02-10-13 05:41 AM
    is this game ever coming back ?
    02-18-13 11:45 PM
    Probably not for the PB. If you however do a google search for the bar file, you can d/l independently of BB World and side load it. (It's free, so not like it's piracy)
    02-19-13 11:40 AM
    I imagine the game will come back to PlayBook. I imagine a lot of games currently only for the BB10 will come to PlayBook, but maybe only once the BB10 has been out long enough for hype to build around what's available for it.

The PlayBook version that appeared, possibly accidentally, may have been the BB10 version, though as has been stated, certain features aren't present.

The icon for the game is different, and not even relevant to the game on my PB. It doesn't have the Play Online button, and the controls and level generation are noticeably different in both versions.

There are other differences that lead me to believe that the PlayBook version is actually a PlayBook version though, and not just an untweaked or unadapted BB10 version.

Posted via CB10, with my BB10.
    osbook likes this.
    02-19-13 11:54 AM
    awesome. hopefully it does. didn't notice the missing features :$
    02-19-13 02:09 PM
    awesome. hopefully it does. didn't notice the missing features :$
    Nor did I, except for the odd icon with the PB version.

Hopefully it plays as smoothly on PB with BB10 as it does on Z10.
    02-19-13 04:10 PM
    Nor did I, except for the odd icon with the PB version.

Hopefully it plays as smoothly on PB with BB10 as it does on Z10.
    Honestly, I've found it runs smoother on the PB. Also, the controls are a lot more sensitive on the Z10. Takes some getting used to, but at this point I can beat my PB scores with no effort on the Z10. Makes saving up for upgrades MUCH easier.

Posted via CB10, with my BB10.
    02-19-13 04:25 PM
26 12