So what do you guys think are the chances of someone coming out with an app that allows printing from the pb?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-11 05:54 PM
    I hope they do as well.That would make the playbook almost complete.for me.(ALMOST)!!!!
    10-05-11 06:17 PM
    I wonder what the Print folder is intended for on the PlayBook?

-- Robert.
    10-05-11 06:28 PM

-- Robert.
    Use a file browser app to copy a file into the print folder and see what happens. When you do this a notification appears where you get email notifications. It's probably a stub for a future print function. Maybe someday RIM will get around to creating some drivers and enable you to connect to a network printer.
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    10-05-11 07:09 PM
    hmm so maybe the presence of the print folder and the notifications mean that this is something on the "front burner" so to speak?

I can hope cant I? haha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-11 07:51 PM
    There will likely be a cloud printer, perhaps using present printing by PB Gmail print to a PC with Google Chrome installed, using that PC's connected printers. The problem with direct printing is that the PB would have to have installed print drivers ... cloud printing eliminates that problem since the PC has the drivers.
    10-05-11 07:59 PM
    There will likely be a cloud printer, perhaps using present printing by PB Gmail print to a PC with Google Chrome installed, using that PC's connected printers. The problem with direct printing is that the PB would have to have installed print drivers ... cloud printing eliminates that problem since the PC has the drivers.
    ...or they could build the cloud printer capability into BB Desktop Manager and connect over Bluetooth, usb or WiFi.
    10-05-11 08:32 PM

-- Robert.
    Where is the print folder? Just picked up my PB last week. I have an HP wifi printer. It would be nice to see an app to access my printer.
    10-05-11 08:36 PM
    Where is the print folder? Just picked up my PB last week. I have an HP wifi printer. It would be nice to see an app to access my printer.
    you can see the folder in file managers like Air Browser.
    The directory is always empty.
    So far wifi enabled printers do not work with the PB.
    10-05-11 09:08 PM
    Maybe someday RIM will get around to creating some drivers and enable you to connect to a network printer.
    one would've thought the 'first professional tablet' would have had that feature on launch or shortly there after.
    10-07-11 12:51 AM
    Google cloud printing i found it only use full when we are going to print simple text but when we talk about labels it did not effected any more can any one suggest any other useful app
    03-19-12 08:22 AM
    I hate to say it but "There's an app for that" -> Buy Print - Download Print - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World This was made by Daniel Bigham so you know it will be of high quality and so far all ratings are very good. It is also .99 so not a deal breaker at all.
    danielbigham likes this.
    03-19-12 08:26 AM
    It seems to me that all you'd need to do is install a program to your PC and one to your PB so that when you printed the file on your PB, it would send the file in print layout form to your program on your PC via wifi and then send it to the designated printer. I'm not a programmer but I would think it should be doable.
    03-19-12 07:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD