Although the rumor of the delay to the Android app is pretty damning and again showing RIMs lack of organisation and definitely exposes their communication problems once again...it could bode well for the creation of native BB apps.

Dont get me wrong the there are some good stuff on the Android marketplace but not so much on the App World. For the BB ecosystem to be created apps need to be developed for the platform period and with the delay of the Android emulator it again opens a void which hopefully will be filled.

Out of all the tablets ive played around with the Playbook QNX OS and hardware is vastly superior but whats the point flashing around all this flash browser and multitasking if there are fundamentals missing that really are needed for any modern day system to be worth buying.

Hopefully, however this can be the start of something good...although at the current rate its gona fall flat on its face. (Sent via my Playbook )
    08-04-11 09:16 AM
    Crackberry Kevin said it won`t be delayed anymore!
    08-04-11 09:18 AM
    What we've been waiting to come first is the 'native' apps such as PIM, email, IM, etc..
    And after the NDK released, we can hope for great apps coming from third-party/dev outside RIM.
    08-04-11 09:22 AM
    Whether the Android App Player is delayed or not, RIM needs to encourage people to develop native apps for QNX over porting existing apps. Heck, I'd pay for a native QNX app over a free Android app.
    Ayo312, kbz1960 and OniBerry like this.
    08-04-11 09:23 AM
    Crackberry Kevin said it won`t be delayed anymore!
    Dont you think it is a sad thing that we are now relying on the release of ANDROID marketplace instead of trying to get as much NATIVE support as possible...just saying...
    08-04-11 09:28 AM
    Does any one knows why BES 4.1 does not synchronize other users define folder to the mobile device except for the standard folders like inbox & sent folder.
    08-04-11 09:49 AM
    My 'sources' (who are more reliable than Engadget's ) tell me the NDK is on schedule and RIM is busy coding native apps. The main reason why we haven't seen any new apps from RIM is that they are no longer coding using AIR, they want to get it right the first time.
    08-04-11 10:43 AM
    My 'sources' (who are more reliable than Engadget's ) tell me the NDK is on schedule and RIM is busy coding native apps. The main reason why we haven't seen any new apps from RIM is that they are no longer coding using AIR, they want to get it right the first time.
    That's good to hear! Although normally I'm a patient guy, this is testing mine!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-04-11 11:10 AM
    hmm, I hope that is the same "guy" who leaked the android player... he seems to be more reliable...
    08-04-11 12:08 PM
    Whether the Android App Player is delayed or not, RIM needs to encourage people to develop native apps for QNX over porting existing apps. Heck, I'd pay for a native QNX app over a free Android app.
    Absolutely, but this requires the NDK. The NDK is the thing RIM should be working on the hardest at this point.
    drjay868 likes this.
    08-04-11 12:10 PM
    That is very good to hear, suppose we cant compain if they are trying to get everything done righteven if it means waiting months after release
    08-04-11 12:12 PM
    If this is true, this is fantastic news! The apps written in native code on the Playbook are much better compared to WebWorks/AIR apps. Hopefully they hire some more C/C++ developers.
    Last edited by biggulpseh; 08-04-11 at 12:18 PM.
    08-04-11 12:16 PM
    Dont you think it is a sad thing that we are now relying on the release of ANDROID marketplace instead of trying to get as much NATIVE support as possible...just saying...
    What is sadder is that over 3 months from launch we still basically have the same devices minus a couple of minor issues and instead of enjoying "blackberry amplified" we are all still begging like homeless orphans in a Charles Dicken's story for basic functions and to come through with at least SOME of the features rim sold us on in order to get the playbook sold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-11 03:07 PM
    Absolutely, but this requires the NDK. The NDK is the thing RIM should be working on the hardest at this point.
    Absolutely 100% agreed!
    08-04-11 03:17 PM
    Okay so now it is NDK holding everything up.

I thought originally it was FIPS approval.

Before it was something else, cant remember the rim zombie excuses as they are all a blur now.

What will be holding it up a month from now? Anybody care to hazardous a guess?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-11 03:29 PM
    I agree, even thought I like the Kindle App for Android, it still feels jury-rigged on the Playbook. You have to figure RIM is all hands on deck to get past the developer resistance to QNX, as they are going to have to deal with something like this sometime next year when they release their new QNX phones.
    08-04-11 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD