Hey guys, it's been a while.

A few weeks ago I released version 3 of my synth / music app Caustic on Android and iOS. After that I got a lot of email from curious BB users asking if the new version would come to this platform. Well, after a bit of fiddling and a lot of pain finding tools that could actually still produce an app for Playbook on BB's developer website, the update is ready.

Sadly, sales on BB platforms have almost completely dried up for me but I though I'd still put out this update as a thank you to those you supported me on previous releases. I wouldn't want you to miss out on Caustic3, it's a lot more powerful and a lot more fun. It runs great on my Z10 and still holds up pretty well on my ageing PlayBook. (fully native app)

Enjoy,
    Caustic 3 - BlackBerry World
    FF22, Pcmx, tomkranz and 6 others like this.
    01-09-14 04:44 AM
    Sounds good do you have a Video Demo ?
    01-09-14 04:59 AM
    Looks like a neat app! Do you have a demo video or version? Would love to try it or see it in action and see if it's better than Neutron
    Sorry to hear about the slow sales.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 05:08 AM
    WOW
    I never got Caustic on my Android devices because I had it on this tablet.
    I actually use the sampler on C2 a lot becuase it's so much more portable than my hardware sampler.
    This update is insane. You seem to have implemented most of the requests that were on your site's forum. This is unreal, and I really appreciate you putting it through the Blackberry wasteland. I may buy this on my Android devices now just to say thanks.
    01-09-14 04:21 PM
    There are tons of videos on my youtube channel, mostly tutorials but here's a promo for it.

@eldricho: From what I can see, Neutron is a media player, this is different, this is a music production app.

Oh and by the way, a few of you have pointed out a bug with the app not starting if there's no WiFi connection, I'm just working on a fix for that now!
    ESCON, AWB70, eldricho and 1 others like this.
    01-09-14 07:10 PM
    The wav editor buried in the vocoder is _one_ of the things that is blowing me away. I do a lot of field recordings with mic and tape deck, the tablet may replace that.
    The modular is the most fun I've had with a tablet/phone app ever. Period. I've been running the tablet through all my real filters and it has been a fun night. I had a close friend pass two days ago and this is the first time I've smiled since I heard. Thanks.
    CausticRej likes this.
    01-09-14 09:21 PM
    Sorry to hear about your friend. I'm glad my app is helping to put some fun back in your life.
    I think the modular is one of those things were those who understand what it does will really enjoy it.

The mic on the BB devices is pretty good and creating new instruments from field recordings is a lot of fun too. (see the two tutorials about sampling)

I've just submitted an update to fix the WiFi issue on PlayBook, hopefully that shouldn't take too long to go through.
    01-09-14 09:41 PM
    I have it and it is really a great app, worth the purchase (:

Is it possible that it would support MIDI for the Z10?

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 10:15 PM
    I have it and it is really a great app, worth the purchase (:

Is it possible that it would support MIDI for the Z10?

Posted via CB10
    Is the Z10 even capable of host mode? I thought only the Z30 could do it...

By the way, just checking your soundcloud, good stuff.
    It also seems like we live in the same city... where abouts are you, I'm north-west (the gap)
    01-10-14 03:40 AM
    thanks for the update! I was wondering about the crash bug as I've noticed that the app will only open when I'm bridged to my BB Bold. I guess it just needed some form of connection to open.

Sent from my BlackBerry PlayBook using Tapatalk
    01-12-14 12:25 PM
    Hi Reg,

Thank you so much for your continued support even with dwindling sales. I downloaded Caustic 2 last year and loved it (buying it after 10 minutes of trying it out! ), and the moment Caustic 3 was out it was downloaded to both my z30 and PlayBook.

I am really glad to have found this post this morning as I was about to delete it from the PlayBook as it just kept closing when I attempted to open it. Glad I did not have to lose all my work to date!

Anyone who has any interest in making electronic music needs to show their love and pay this man; the work that can now be created on a BlackBerry is amazing! The program is worth every dollar if even just for a hobbiest to tinker around.

Tapped and flicked from my BlackBerry Z30!
    01-12-14 01:53 PM
    Hi Reg,

Thank you so much for your continued support even with dwindling sales. I downloaded Caustic 2 last year and loved it (buying it after 10 minutes of trying it out! ), and the moment Caustic 3 was out it was downloaded to both my z30 and PlayBook.

I am really glad to have found this post this morning as I was about to delete it from the PlayBook as it just kept closing when I attempted to open it. Glad I did not have to lose all my work to date!

Anyone who has any interest in making electronic music needs to show their love and pay this man; the work that can now be created on a BlackBerry is amazing! The program is worth every dollar if even just for a hobbiest to tinker around.

Tapped and flicked from my BlackBerry Z30!
    Done! I can't believe this even exists. How I haven't known about it until now is a mystery to me! This thread and the people in it have seriously helped me out with this and I am very pleased and excited about making some music with Caustic 3 on BlackBerry! If ever I go beyond iOS 6 on a newer Apple device, I'll buy it there too
    08-14-15 11:29 PM
    Caustic its so so awesome.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-01-15 08:28 PM
    Caustic its so so awesome.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Curious - what do you use it on?

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 08:36 PM
    I use it to....make music.
    10-02-15 02:44 PM