- CrackBerry User
- 27 Posts
in car media centre
so I was going to get a sat nav for the car. I noticed that there is a flap that opens upwards in the centre of the dash that fits my playbook. given that I have the plugs to charge and an aux in for the stereo, I reckon I could fit a playbook in the dash. I could have a ton of music etc, but it would need a sat nav. are there any good sat nav apps, either free or paid for, as a playbook now is a similar cost to a decent sat nav in the uk and would be really cool to have dash mounted.....
sent via Playbook and Tapatalk
- 01-17-2013, 02:39 AM #2
Magallan compass !
Or Google Maps (Android)
- 01-17-2013, 03:23 AM #4
Magallan doesnt require a data plan. You 'cache' an area.
You also can do that with Google maps.
- CrackBerry User
01-17-2013, 05:22 AM #5
- 68 Posts
Osmand works ok too, there is a paid version and a free version , and you download the maps that you want, no data plan required, so you don't have to bridge your phone. I've been using a windshield mount for my PB for about 3 months now, awesome media centre for my commute.Chapple13
Z10 and loving it!
Torch 9800 (retired, not forgotten)
PB 32 gb
PB 64 gb
We don't need no stinking Ipads!
- CrackBerry Genius
01-17-2013, 02:57 PM #6
- 3,639 Posts
I think Magellan is the only one that keeps the screen on. Osmand won't keep the playbook awake when I use it, nor will google mapsThe very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.
- 01-17-2013, 03:25 PM #7
- By smi77y in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 5Last Post: 06-14-2009, 07:32 PM
- By tjniemeyer in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 05-01-2009, 12:17 PM
- By realcanuk in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 10Last Post: 09-12-2008, 02:09 PM
- By mgkmkl in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 7Last Post: 11-18-2007, 04:02 AM
- By Tyrone in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-16-2007, 05:42 AM