Hi just picked up my Playbook 2 weeks ago. (Loving it so far) The second app I downloaded was File Shield (after battery guru.) I can't get the File Shield screen to populate with files that are on the PB. The screen opens up and looks like the pictures from Ap world. But there are no files to pick and protect. Have I missed a step? Thanks

Chuck
    01-26-12 02:31 PM
    Hi just picked up my Playbook 2 weeks ago. (Loving it so far) The second app I downloaded was File Shield (after battery guru.) I can't get the File Shield screen to populate with files that are on the PB. The screen opens up and looks like the pictures from Ap world. But there are no files to pick and protect. Have I missed a step? Thanks

Chuck
    When you open File Shield, it should give you the options to select folders on the left side. Once you click it opens the subfolders/ files, which are listed on the right side of the screen (bigger window). Each file will have a icon at the very end showing the options to hide or make public.
    Also you can select all the files from the icons down on the right side to hide/or reveal all the docs that you desire.

If you can't see your files, then I suggest you restart your PB, if that dosent work, then delete the File Shield program and reinstall (don't worry you won't have to pay again).
    If both of the above steps fail to resolve your issue, then I would suggest you do a hard reset (hold down the power and the +/- volume buttons at the same time for the PB to shut down and restart).

Good luck
    goldwinger1997 likes this.
    01-26-12 02:58 PM
    Thank you for your response. I tried what you suggested and I still don't get a list of files on the screen. When I do the hard reboot, should I still hear the shutter noise? And does the PB come on by it's self or do I have to push power again?

Chuck
    01-26-12 03:28 PM
    Did you check Permissions for the app? Main home screen, press Gear/Options. Pick Security and then Permissions - find the app and Allow.
    01-26-12 03:36 PM
    OK. Like the dummy I am I had somehow turned access to files off. So I went to security and tuned them back on. Now it all works as it should. Many thanks again and I apologize for my newbe mistake.

Chuck
    01-26-12 03:37 PM
    If you hear shutter sound you did a ScreenCapture. Try again, press and hold the Power Button, followed quickly by the Vol Up/Down doublet.
    01-26-12 03:39 PM
    Thank you for your response. I tried what you suggested and I still don't get a list of files on the screen. When I do the hard reboot, should I still hear the shutter noise? And does the PB come on by it's self or do I have to push power again?

Chuck
    Shutter noise is a screen capture, this happens when you click the volume Up + Down at the same time!
    01-26-12 04:23 PM
    Hey,
    Somehow I ended up with two files as "Private" and when I tried to restore them to Public, it came up with an error and lists the files in red. It says "Unable to make the file public. File Name. (3001)"

So, I'm not sure how to access these files to delete them since they are Private and I can't get to them?
    Anyone else have this problem or know a solution other than wiping my device?

Thanks!
    05-07-13 11:05 AM
    Hey,
    Somehow I ended up with two files as "Private" and when I tried to restore them to Public, it came up with an error and lists the files in red. It says "Unable to make the file public. File Name. (3001)"

So, I'm not sure how to access these files to delete them since they are Private and I can't get to them?
    Anyone else have this problem or know a solution other than wiping my device?

Thanks!
    You could try contacting the developer? His email address in in Appworld when you look at the app and the Support button. I don't want to post it in case someone or thing harvests email addresses for spam purposes.
    Draconianfire83 likes this.
    05-07-13 04:48 PM
    Thanks, F2... That is my next stop.
    05-07-13 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD