Hi everyone,

can someone please help me with deleting a program called 'SmartUtilities'? Every time I uninstall it using 'MyWorld' the next day I get a reminder saying version 1.3 is available and version 1.2 is installed again. I just can't get this b*****d to uninstall. The reason I uninstalled it originally, is because it didn't work, I got a black screen when I ran it and the authors said that's why they were withdrawing the program.

Cheers,

Dave.
    Last edited by DaveWilson; 09-15-13 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Grammar mistake.
    09-15-13 10:08 AM
    Which phone are you on?
    09-15-13 11:15 AM
    It's a BlackBerry PlayBook ...
    09-16-13 03:47 AM
    Have you tried uninstalling the "normal" way? Press and hold the app's icon till it bulges, then tap the trashcan that appears on the icon.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-16-13 04:14 AM
    I thought you could only uninstall through BlackBerry 'MyWorld' ... No, that didn't do it either. It appeared in the Uninstalled list of MyWorld but a day later it was back installed!
    Last edited by DaveWilson; 09-17-13 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Additional text.
    09-17-13 08:39 AM
    I thought you could only uninstall through BlackBerry 'MyWorld' ... No, that didn't do it either. It appeared in the Uninstalled list of MyWorld but a day later it was back installed!
    Try Deleting it again, by way of touch-hold-pulse-trashcan it. Then, make sure NOTHING is running in the back ground. You can verify it's deletion by checking "uninstalled" Apps from App World. Then restart the PB, and again verify that it's gone. That should do it.

You might try to turn off wifi overnight, then turn it back on when you start your day. It should never come back unless/until you re-install it. Your looking for something that enables the install process. May have to do a hard reset as a last ditch, but it should not reinstall itself, by itself.

c
    09-17-13 09:24 AM
    And if it does re-install itself, send an email complaining quite loudly to

[email protected]
    09-17-13 09:51 PM
    My apps also don't delete. My Z10 was slowing down so I restarted it and it speed up but the apps I've deleted all reappeared. I deleted some again but when I search the phone for the app it finds it but it won't open. Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 11:25 AM
    Hi everyone, it's finally gone. I don't know how, I left it for a few days, checked and it's still in the 'Uninstalled' list. Many thanks for everyone's help.

BTW, I did send an email complaining and they said "That's why we are withdrawing it" ... Yet, there's a new version out!
    FF22 likes this.
    09-20-13 08:23 AM
    Is there a way of clearing it from the uninstalled list permanently?

It bugs me that I cannot simply delete it from the uninstalled list.
    09-24-13 10:17 PM