I'm trying to fix my problem already for over a week now. Hopefully someone got me an answer which will help me solving my problem.

It started with opening the App of Box.com, which I use very often for my job. After opening I downloaded I file which my colleague was trying to
    update at the same time. My Playbook couldn't handle it and the Box.com App started to freeze.

After a reboot it didn't open anymore, it just didn't do anything. Then I tried to uninstall it via BB app world, which seemed to be successful, but it still came up in the Installed Apps list. As well the name of the app 'Box'
    still appears between the apps, but without the logo/icon.

Trying to delete it by holding the it and press the trashbin icon, won't remove the App. Because app world thinks it is still there, I can't reinstall it as well.

What should I do to fix this?
    11-23-12 12:39 PM
    You can try using Ghost Commander (available in appworld). Open it. You will see a list on both sides. Navigate till you see Applications. tap it. Scroll to see if the one you are having problems with is still listed. If so, tap/hold on it. You can then try the Delete command.
    Nickxter likes this.
    11-23-12 01:15 PM
    FWIW, I have a Box account and I have the Box app on my PB. That being said, I don't use the Box app. What I do use is X-Plore File Manager to manage files (ES File Explorer also works for this). Simply put, the android apps that can access the cloud have several distinct advantages over any native app that I'm aware of- (1) faster transfers, (2) the ability to directly stream media from the cloud, and (3) the ability to resume transfers if you temporarily lose your internet connection. Both X-Plore and ES need to be sideloaded. .
    Nickxter likes this.
    11-23-12 03:28 PM
    Thanks for your responses. Unfortunately Ghost Commander couldn't find the app (isn't it only recognizing Android based apps?) After contacting the BB Playbook support helpdesk, they were surprised that the program still appeared on the homescreen without a logo. After they spoke with several colleagues about this problem they advised me to do a backup, do a security wipe and then restoring my Playbook with the backup. It helped and solved my problem, wish I did this already a week ago!
    11-29-12 03:53 PM
    This won't help you much now then, but if this happens to someone else then maybe it would be worth trying to uninstall it via Chrome's PlayBook Extention.

I don't know if it would work, as I never had the problem, but worth a shot. Of course you need Chrome on your computer and when running it, it does have the ability to uninstall native apps. On a side note, that extention is useful for sideloading and/or uninstalling Android apps when you have access to only Mac computers.
    11-29-12 04:09 PM
    Thanks for your responses. Unfortunately Ghost Commander couldn't find the app (isn't it only recognizing Android based apps?)
    Yeah, Ghost only lets you manage android apps, and the Box app is native.
    11-29-12 04:10 PM