I was trying to buy some apps on the app world. But some error keep on popping regarding with the credit card authorization. I've tried to use different card but have the same error. I try to contact the tech support but until now i have'nt receive any reply from them. I bought my PB 3 weeks ago but until now cant enjoy it due to lack of apps that i need so still stuck on ipod just to have a video chat with wife. I cant even enjoy watching movies on PB coz it takes a lot of time for loading a movie.
    10-17-11 09:16 AM
    Hi,
    I've had the same problem. Credit cards are not supported for all regions yet. I suggest you get a PayPal account and link your credit card to it. Then you will be able to get ur apps
    10-17-11 03:49 PM
    I got some error trying to buy in App World as well a few weeks ago, although it was with my PayPal account I was having issues. I had already had my Playbook long after the 90 days of free tech support, but I decided to call the support number anyway.

The hold wasn't long and they had the thing fixed for me in a few mins. I'd highly recommend you give them a ring! The number for the US is 1-877-644-8410. Maybe they can help you as quickly as they helped me.. I was impressed!
    10-17-11 03:55 PM
    Have you tried using the Manage Payment Options at https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/ ?
    10-17-11 04:11 PM
    I've tried to call the tech support as well. But according to them this is a known problem that they're still trying to fix. So i hope they can fix this before the complementary tech support is over.
    10-24-11 02:01 PM
    i did try to change and modify my account several times. And the worst is, everytime i try try to modify my account, i receive a message from the credit card company, that charges my card a 1$. I've try this for times already. So its so frustrating actually my first and second option for a tablet was asus transformer and samsung galaxy. I just buy the playbook because it comes with a mobile. Its to late to realize that there was a promo because of a lot of issue with this product.
    10-24-11 02:08 PM
    Hello All,

This is an issue I have got long time ago, it always happen when you create a BBID and use it with a BlackBerry Smartphone before the PlayBook then link it with a credit card, It's a known issue, I emailed RIM before regarding it, but they did nothing.

How to fix it?
    Go and create a new BBID
    Wipe your BlackBerry PlayBook
    Link it to the new BBID
    Add your Credit Card
    Buy an app/game
    Link your BBID to your BlackBerry Smartphone
    Done....

Everything will run smooth from now.
    10-24-11 02:10 PM
    i did try to change and modify my account several times. And the worst is, everytime i try try to modify my account, i receive a message from the credit card company, that charges my card a 1$. I've try this for times already. So its so frustrating actually my first and second option for a tablet was asus transformer and samsung galaxy. I just buy the playbook because it comes with a mobile. Its to late to realize that there was a promo because of a lot of issue with this product.
    1$ ... strange RIM used to deduct my account by 0.01$ only lol
    10-24-11 02:12 PM
    thanks for the tip M.Rizk im going to try this. Its not actually strange its so disappointing,
    Im having a hard time buying this apps so for me to enjoy my PB but suddenly an error pops up regarding the card, then after a minute ill be charge by 1$ for nothing....

But anyway thanks for the tip.
    10-24-11 10:36 PM
    thanks for the tip M.Rizk im going to try this. Its not actually strange its so disappointing,
    Im having a hard time buying this apps so for me to enjoy my PB but suddenly an error pops up regarding the card, then after a minute ill be charge by 1$ for nothing....

But anyway thanks for the tip.
    Your welcomed. I just hope it works as it did with me.
    10-24-11 10:38 PM
    ive tried to wipe my PB and make a new ID but still ive got the same message. please help me
    10-25-11 01:22 AM
    If your still within the 90 days contact RIM.
    10-25-11 01:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD