Help, I recently encountered a problem with my Playbook Facebook app. I usually use both the native browser and the Facebook app to log-in. Most of the time, it's just the browser. I have two Facebook accounts and I noticed that when I log in via wifi everything's ok. But when I'm on Blackberry Bridge, I can't log in anymore via the Facebook app. Logging in on the browser is still ok.
    04-03-13 02:34 AM
    You're not stating any kind of error messages here and I know very little about your peculiar situation so I'll take a stab in the dark.
    If you are bridging to a work provided phone, it's possible your work is re-routing the internet traffic through their system and blocking access to some sites. That could explain why it works on wifi(your network) and not through bridge(your work provided network). The I.T. permissions can be very granular and targeted on BB phones. Your administrator may have knowingly or unknowingly done something that no longer lets you use internet traffic for apps that reside outside of bridge.

That did happen to me a few months ago.
    We had employees who were destroying our bandwidth so IT Policies were applied on all our phones. I was still able to bridge my phone to my PB, but only Bridge App would work. I mean... everything would work normally when on Wifi but, outside of Wifi coverage... Only the bridge applications would have internet access.

When that happened... I went into "IT Policies" on my phone and I could see that "External Connections" were disallowed.
    onggp likes this.
    04-03-13 03:45 PM
    I have verified with testing, that this is a bug that affects some BlackBerry phones, but I don't know which ones. I've only confirmed that it doesn't work with the Verizon Bold 9650, but works fine on the Verizon Bold 9930
    04-03-13 11:19 PM
    Im on my second PlayBook and the Facebook app has never worked for me on Bridge. Also other apps won't work on Bridge.
    Edit: some apps work others won't. I have always thought that it's an app related issue and not a Bridge one.
    04-04-13 08:59 AM
    Actually I'm on BIS. The good news is, I tried to connect again today and it worked. Sorry maybe I just panicked.
    04-05-13 07:07 PM
    how can i access my Facebook account via blackberry bridge. my blackberry is 9300
    04-22-13 12:29 AM