I have been trying to buy an app from Blackberry World on my Playbook but I keep getting an error with the authorization(error 11000) when I go to make the purchase.

I know my Paypal account is working fine as I have used it on sites with no problems so why can I not use it to buy apps from Blackberry? Has anyone else had this problem?

Thank you.
    10-02-13 12:29 PM
    KB28192-"(ErrorId: 11000)" occurs when attempting to purchase applications from App World or change payment information

Try that KB article. Should be able to explain what the error is, and maybe a way of fixing it.
    10-02-13 12:33 PM
    Thanks. I'll give it a try. Hopefully it works out.
    10-02-13 12:46 PM
    I have been trying to buy an app from Blackberry World on my Playbook but I keep getting an error with the authorization(error 11000) when I go to make the purchase.

I know my Paypal account is working fine as I have used it on sites with no problems so why can I not use it to buy apps from Blackberry? Has anyone else had this problem?

Thank you.
    I had this problem a year ago.
    I found the only way I could purchase an application was to use a prepaid Visa on my PayPal account. Took me months of trying different methods and finally this is the only thing that works for me. My wife got me a visa gift card from the bank she works at and it took care of it. Some cards require that you register the card at there website in order to use it for online shopping. I know that TD Bank does.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 02:41 PM
    Honestly, I have to think whomever it was that was in charge of the app world and its functions was a high school student on co-op. Either that or they accidentally hired someone from the competition who rubbed his/her hands thinking " now how can I make this the most user unfriendly"
    Really its a mess
    10-02-13 06:14 PM
    Well the KB article is crap.

PayPal looks Ok and I can purchase from ebay, but when I try to buy via BBW I get the error too.

Logged in to RIM and reapplied PayPal and revalidated.

Now I can purchase what I wanted.
    Last edited by dgmckenzie; 10-31-13 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Update
    10-31-13 03:38 PM
    I get this error message now when I tried to buy SporadicSoftware's PDF Reader. Was able to buy apps roughly a month ago, and now no.

I tried to reauthenticate PayPal too, rebooted, but nothing -- error 11000 persists. Anyone have any other ideas?

Agreed that the article above is useless.
    12-18-13 12:17 PM
    I just tried to change my payment options on the PB itself (from CC back to Paypal) and now when I click "Purchase" in the app store, nothing happens.

I tried to sign in on my PC and view payment options but I get this message:
    Cannot buy apps with Paypal-pb_bbworld_error.png

What gives? Any help would be appreciated.
    12-19-13 02:26 PM

Thank you.
    this may help, when you are in bb world go to ( my world) on the left hand side at the top there is a refresh button hit this wait for it to refresh, thxs tony
    12-20-13 01:21 PM
    I just tried to change my payment options on the PB itself (from CC back to Paypal) and now when I click "Purchase" in the app store, nothing happens.

I tried to sign in on my PC and view payment options but I get this message:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pb_bbworld_error.png 
Views:	67 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	231603

What gives? Any help would be appreciated.
    Surely someone has encountered this issue besides me. Can anyone help, please?
    01-03-14 11:35 AM