i am getting a playbook friday......i read one time about something called "app player" where we can run android apps.....if so, will audio manager work on the playbook?
    01-30-12 11:57 AM
    The playbook can run android apps. However you will not have direct access to the android market unless you jailbreak (root) your playbook. Which I would highly recommend.
    01-30-12 10:06 PM
    i am getting a playbook friday......i read one time about something called "app player" where we can run android apps.....if so, will audio manager work on the playbook?
    Not every Android app will be available from App World - developers have to convert apps to a format that can be submitted to RIM for approval. The Android Player is built into OS2 which won't be officially available until next month.

The following excerpt from the description of Audio manager indicates that it is a home-screen widget. This type of app is not compatible with PB and cannot be converted to run on the device

"Audio Manager is a home-screen Widget and Volume manager that allows you to get live readings of your current volume levels on your Android phone."
    01-30-12 10:31 PM
    The playbook can run android apps. However you will not have direct access to the android market unless you jailbreak (root) your playbook. Which I would highly recommend.
    Why would you "highly recommend" rooting a playbook without fully understanding how the user intends to use the device? Nor do you know the OP's level of expertise.
    01-30-12 10:35 PM
    Yes, audio will work from the Android apps. However the Android apps can't just be installed on to the PlayBook. They have to be ported. Porting is usually easy for a developer however there is that odd moment when it's just annoying!
    01-31-12 07:04 AM
    A Stock OS-1 Playbook will NOT play Android apps at this time.

After the OS 2.0 update arrives in February ( ~17th ), there will be an Android App Player which will allow Android apps to work.

Don't bother loading the Developer version of OS 2.0 because it doesn't have many of the features that will be in the Official release coming next month, and you have to "side-load" the Android Apps that have been processed to work on the Playbook. Not worth the effort so close to the OS 2.0 release.
    01-31-12 08:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD