For those that are using Calibre to convert your book to pdf's to view on the PB, what setting do you use to get it full screen? I've tried a bunch of different settings and most end up not maximizing the screen.

Thanks!
    05-13-11 07:21 AM
    If you can get your hands on Pro version of Acrobat you can change how the PDF is displayed when you open it. Unfortunately this is part of the reason why I went with the iPad2. I read tons of PDFs and Kindle eBooks. The PlayBook just isn't up to snuff yet with those things. It probably will be but I don't understand why A) The PDF reader is so bad when RIM and Adobe work so well together. B) Why there is no Kindle AP for the playbook. This is more on Amazon but you'd figure RIM would have been pressing for the AP since Adobe announced it last September.
    05-13-11 11:41 PM
    I just use the 7" Samsung export setting....works fine.

No clue what otacon is talking about...not answering the question.
    Truckswain likes this.
    05-14-11 06:47 AM
    Any details on how to export using the Samsung setting? Even though I have a few books I have converted in Calibre - I'm not sure how to export them onto my Playbook. Will they show in Kobo?
    05-30-11 08:08 PM
    Any details on how to export using the Samsung setting? Even though I have a few books I have converted in Calibre - I'm not sure how to export them onto my Playbook. Will they show in Kobo?
    Until the Kobo app accepts books loaded by usb or wifi sharing, it will not show in kobo. I believe folks are generating pdf files to read on the pb at the moment. And I've not used Calibre to convert anything for the pb, only the kindle3.
    05-30-11 09:29 PM
    I've been waiting patiently for a decent e-reader app (c'mon Kindle, didn't you say end of May? Preeeetty sure that's today) but alas, no. So anyway, does the Adobe Reader save your page or let you easily skip pages, or do you have to swipe or tap a few hundred times every time you go back to your book?
    05-31-11 01:27 PM
    Unfortunately, the adobe reader is pretty lame. It does have a slider bar along the bottom so you can move ahead that way. But there is no bookmark, no page-jump and no find/search feature.
    05-31-11 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD