I just had this issue and it has only happened after I updated BB Bridge on my Tour and update to the latest OS on the PB. When I receive an e-mail it updates very quickly on the PB now thanks to the two updates I presume.

However this started to happen over the past few days. When I try to load images or delete from handheld & mailbox in an e-mail the bridge message app flashes white then flashes back to the screen as if I just opened up the app and the green ring starts cycling but it keeps flashing and reloading and flashing and reloading. I have to close the mailbox and reopen it to access messages.

I have even set up BB Bridge over again by deleting profiles from both my Tour and the PB and setting it up again.

Has anyone else encountered this issue before?
    06-10-11 01:38 PM
    My PlayBook constantly flashes as you describe. I've deleted pairings, re-paired, deleted Bridge and re-loaded, nothing works. This is frustrating as this was one of the view things the PlayBook does so far I found useful. Ugh. Anybody find a fix for this?
    06-10-11 03:03 PM
    My bridge works a treat and I'm still on the old OS...
    06-10-11 03:29 PM
    This happened to me today, but after I closed 3 of the 4 apps I had open all was good...
    06-10-11 07:36 PM
    This happened to me today, but after I closed 3 of the 4 apps I had open all was good...
    mine happens regardless of how many apps i have open...it actually just happened to me and the only window i had open was the bridge messages.
    06-10-11 10:19 PM
    After the latest update, things went well for about 1 day, then the same described Bridge Message reset loop issue was observed. I tried all mentioned in this thread, to no avail.
    Fortunately, I had done a backup from the moment after the update, and restored to that moment. All is well.
    That backup reveals that I had downloaded the "Need for Speed Undercover" update, as well as "Blackberry News" apps. After re-installing those from the Uninstalled section of AppWorld, I'm back to whole and operational once again. Since there is no native email app, I am very dependant on that bridge Message app. I don't know what may have corrupted the app, but my instinct on Backup saved my hiney. Restore, if you have one, and see if that puts you back on the good foot! I do hope it does!
    asianguy80 likes this.
    06-11-11 02:58 PM
    4Geo, I tried your method. I reinstalled the entire OS on my PB and when I restored my previous settings it still flashed. So I tried a clean install while reinstalling each app one by one and backing up after each app install to make sure nothing went wrong.

It would appear that the Need For Speed 2.0 update is causing all these head aches for me. When I did update to 2.0 the about screen still showed the 1.3.95 version so maybe that's where the whole problem came about...no matter now I'm back after one day of virtually no PB use...I feel whole again lol.
    06-14-11 03:27 PM
    yup, also now happening to my pb. i am unfortunately away on a trip so i cant try the restore from archive advice. i also tried deleting profiles and repairing blutooth to no avail. This started happening to me a couple days ago. im running the latest update for bridge on my bold 9650 and the most current update on the PB.

I just had this issue and it has only happened after I updated BB Bridge on my Tour and update to the latest OS on the PB. When I receive an e-mail it updates very quickly on the PB now thanks to the two updates I presume.

However this started to happen over the past few days. When I try to load images or delete from handheld & mailbox in an e-mail the bridge message app flashes white then flashes back to the screen as if I just opened up the app and the green ring starts cycling but it keeps flashing and reloading and flashing and reloading. I have to close the mailbox and reopen it to access messages.

I have even set up BB Bridge over again by deleting profiles from both my Tour and the PB and setting it up again.

Has anyone else encountered this issue before?
    06-19-11 02:32 AM
    Wow, has anyone found a solution to this? I just got the same issue here. All is up to date, but message app is flashing endlessly.
    07-16-12 05:44 PM
    Fix no, work around, open browser and enter http://localhost:187/

Bookmark it, maybe throw a copy on your home screen.

Mike
    07-16-12 08:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD