i do read a couple of pieces of mis-information in this thread. i see it as follows:
    * at&t blocked the downloading of the blackberry bridge software from app world
    * using the links from this thread, you are able to download and install blackberry bridge on your at&t phone
    * after installing the software on your at&t phone, your phone will be able to connect to the playbook using blackberry bridge
    * once the two are connected, you may use the bridge browser to use your phone's connection to browse the internet. mind you, limitations that go for your phone's browser go for the bridge browser
    * right now, performance of the bridge browser is hit-and-miss; some pages are loaded very quickly, others are not
    * the bridge browser sometimes instead of displaying the requested page, shows a 'save' dialog box - a signal that the connection is not 100% anymore. for me thhe workaround is to switch off the bridge connection, and sometimes bluetooth as well.

overall, it works for me, but yeah, speed / stability can be better. i'm sure this is being worked on.

btw, do not confuse this bridge with tethering. different functionality, and as far as i'm aware, after being connected through tethering, you will be using the regular browser, and none of the bridge apps. tethering will most of the time require a different plan, bridging so far is free.
    04-28-11 09:19 PM
    Hence my last sentence. "I'm hopeful that RIM will figure out some sort or software upgrade to the Bridge Browser to increase throughput but we'll have to wait and see."
    Yet your first paragraph talks about it.

1 paragraph > 1 sentence ;D

May i know why this thread got unstuck?
    04-28-11 10:52 PM
    gbsn,

Thank you for all the great information. You were a big help in making my decision!
    04-29-11 09:09 AM
    I have AT&T and BB Bold 9000. I downloaded the Bridge App from Crackberry and it worked at first. After may frustrating hours, I contacted BB Tech Support. They told me they could not help me bc I am AT&T. After trying some more, I uninstalled the bluetooth devices from each other. Then did Battery Pull (Bold) and hard shutdown on PB. Reinstalled and it worked immediately. Next day, after turning off at night, couldn't bridge connect. I am with others posting that without bridge capability, the PB is probably not what I am looking for in a tablet. If anyone has any help, it would be greatly appreciated, but going through the above to get a one time bridge is not a workable solution for me.
    05-15-11 11:06 AM
454 ... 171819
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD