Attempted logins and signups on Box. Errors message 'severe error.' app reviews on BlackBerry world say it no longer works. True?

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 07:20 PM
    I get error messages too. Deleted and reinstalled... still no go.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 07:54 PM
    I use the Android version sideloaded via good-e-reader and it works. I believe it was listed as version 3.5.1, although the settings screen shows a different number as attached. That said, I find the mobile version of the web site works well and I prefer to use it. Box app on PB no longer functional?-img_00000110.png
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    08-03-15 09:51 AM
    PlayCloud is also a good option since it almost works like the file manager in BlackBerry 10.
    08-04-15 12:43 PM
    I contacted box directly. They said no chance, even though this is the last update PB will ever see. Wish they do reconsider...

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 01:27 PM
    Wish they would as well, but at this point we have to make sue with things that work until they dont.

That said, the Android app works well, albeit a bit slowly.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 05:01 PM
    I use the Android version sideloaded via good-e-reader and it works. I believe it was listed as version 3.5.1, although the settings screen shows a different number as attached. That said, I find the mobile version of the web site works well and I prefer to use it. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000110.png 
Views:	340 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	365193
    Using the stock browser?

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 05:18 PM
    Yes, stock browser. That works. But the Android app also works. Also, X-plore (sideloaded) is a file browser that is a little clunky on the small screen but also works.

I'm not sure if there is another native app (like PlayCloud) that works as well. Perhaps someone else can answer.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 03:17 PM
    Yes, stock browser. That works. But the Android app also works. Also, X-plore (sideloaded) is a file browser that is a little clunky on the small screen but also works.

I'm not sure if there is another native app (like PlayCloud) that works as well. Perhaps someone else can answer.

Posted via CB10
    I tried using X-plore and it couldn't download my excel files from Box, maybe I don't know what I'm doing but I only get the option to open them as image or browser or text!

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 10:21 PM
    I tried using X-plore and it couldn't download my excel files from Box, maybe I don't know what I'm doing but I only get the option to open them as image or browser or text!

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like you don't know what you're doing. X-Plore is a dual pane file manager, like Ghost Commander. In one pane you navigate to the cloud service (Box, here) and folder where the file that you want to download resides. In the other pane you navigate to the folder where you want to download the file to on your Playbook (probably Documents or Downloads). Then select the file to download (tapping check mark to the right of the file name), and then tap "Copy" in the toolbar in the middle of the screen. Then select "OK", and your download will begin.
    10-13-15 03:38 PM
    Sounds like you don't know what you're doing. X-Plore is a dual pane file manager, like Ghost Commander. In one pane you navigate to the cloud service (Box, here) and folder where the file that you want to download resides. In the other pane you navigate to the folder where you want to download the file to on your Playbook (probably Documents or Downloads). Then select the file to download (tapping check mark to the right of the file name), and then tap "Copy" in the toolbar in the middle of the screen. Then select "OK", and your download will begin.
    Indeed you are right - I didn't know what I was doing.

I did manage to figure this out though and it works very well! Thank-you!

This was actually much easier than the mobile site for box.

Posted via CB10
    anon(8719892) likes this.
    10-14-15 11:17 AM