Is anyone else having issues with Book Reader running on OS 2.0.0.7971? Since upgrading this morning, it will not launch. Was working fine on the beta.

Thank you,
    J...
    02-21-12 07:19 AM
    Works on 7971 for me.
    02-21-12 07:34 AM
    I am having the same problem. The application does run but then crashes after a few seconds. I'm lost without this application, hope it gets sorted soon as I will be getting on a long haul flights the end of this week.
    02-21-12 09:49 AM
    Book Reader works perfectly on BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet OS 2.0; I verified it when I read the original message in this thread. Try rebooting your tablet.
    02-21-12 10:07 AM
    not working for me either...

rebooted and still crashes
    02-21-12 10:52 AM
    I deleted the app and reinstalled. Imported a book and all looked good until I flipped through the first few pages and then it crashed again.
    Can someone with the app and OS2 try using it for more than a quick test and repot back.
    This is my #1 used app and am getting nervous.
    Thanks.
    02-21-12 01:05 PM
    I deleted the app and reinstalled. Imported a book and all looked good until I flipped through the first few pages and then it crashed again.
    Can someone with the app and OS2 try using it for more than a quick test and repot back.
    This is my #1 used app and am getting nervous.
    Thanks.
    Same with me. I use this daily. I have tried deleting and reinstalling with no luck. Those of you that have it working, how did you update? I updated straight from the beta. No security wipe or anything.

Thank you
    J.
    02-21-12 07:57 PM
    It works for me but I can't open a different book without closing the app first.
    02-21-12 08:38 PM
    I have the same problem as PanaSama. If I want to open a new book, I have to close the open book (navigate back to the Library listing), close, re-open, then open the new book.

Otherwise, the app opens and closes fine, I can import and delete epubs, and books behave properly when I'm reading them.

Igor of Untangled Development is very keen and responsive so if he gets swamped with bug reports he will get on this, I am sure.
    02-21-12 08:55 PM
    Hi All,
    Because of my absence and some last minute changes RIM has included in the
    release build of the OS2, current version of the reader has major incompatibilities with the OS2 release.

I've just submitted the new application release to the AppWorld that should fix at some major issues and it
    should be available for download in 2-3 business days.

I've also received reports from some users about application crashes after upgrade to OS2, but so far I was
    not able to reproduce this problem on my PlayBook - this issue is under investigation.

If you've noticed any other OS2 incompatibilities and issue please report them to me via e-mail ASAP

Here are the release notes:
    * Issues resolved in release 1.3.2:
    � OS2 incompatibility with switching between books
    � OS2 incompatibility with setting page margins
    � OS2 incompatibility with switching between different skins
    � OS2 incompatibility with setting the custom skin

Regards,
    Igor
    Untangled Development
    02-22-12 12:27 AM
    Igor, you are a true mensch! I look forward to the update. Thanks for posting your workaround--a couple fewer steps than mine.

Many thanks,

Les
    untangleddev likes this.
    02-22-12 12:54 AM
    Hi, all, I have upgraded to 1.3.2. The wonky book mark issue is fixed. However, I am getting crashes with some, but not all mobis. Epubs seem to be fine.

I'll let Igor no.

Les
    02-25-12 12:40 AM
    Hi,
    New release 1.3.3 with the fix for application crashing on MOBI files is now available for download from the AppWorld.
    You would need to delete/re-import MOBI books into the library again. Part of the fix is to remove some information from it
    during the import/parsing to make it compliant with the WebKit engine in the OS2.

If the reader is still crashing after you've upgraded to v.1.3.3, please let me know ASAP.

Regards,
    Igor
    Untangled Development
    Last edited by untangleddev; 02-27-12 at 10:34 PM.
    02-27-12 10:25 PM
    Hey
    When updating the o/s to 2.0 i had a problem with book reader not remembering the last page i read. It only would remember the last page i read before i updated the os. But now with the latest version it has seemed to fix the problem. Thanks for all your hard work. Best book reading app by far. Use it daily It be neat if we had auto-scrolling and realistic page animations (like the ones you see in moonreader or how it folds the page back and what not) someday but that would just be eye candy lol. Great app
    Thanks Dave
    untangleddev likes this.
    02-28-12 12:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD