Cant wait for the UI update. Great app you have here
    untangleddev likes this.
    12-07-11 05:43 AM
    First time posting on this forum (or any forum for that matter) so my apologies if I make mistakes.

Igor, thank you very much for the app and for engaging people on this forum. My wife and I both have playbooks and appreciate your work.

I just wanted to give some feedback on coming improvements. Our books are organized with calibre and better integration with this program would be fantastic. I find that I lose meta data changes I've made to the file when I transfer it. Being better able to browse, sort and find my books would be great and it would be nice to be able to see description notes.

QUOTE=
    - ...integration with online book
    download services (Calibre/Box/Dropbox/etc). Which one will be the first will depend
    mostly on demand...
    12-07-11 11:21 PM
    Congrads, Igor for making your app a Top Seller in the app store. Great app.

I think this reader badly needs orientation lock. I would like to be able to lock it in vertical position so I dont need to worry when I put it down or check my email and, pages start to re-draw changing text flow and, chaning it back.
    12-08-11 09:00 AM

I think this reader badly needs orientation lock. I would like to be able to lock it in vertical position so I dont need to worry when I put it down or check my email and, pages start to re-draw changing text flow and, chaning it back.
    You can lock the PB orientation already.
    12-08-11 10:27 AM
    Hi,
    The good news is that your metadata is not lost during the transfer (at least for EPUB
    format) because Calibre stores changed metadata inside the book itself. Reader just
    ignores all metadata except author and book title because I don't have a proper place
    to display it yet. I'll see how it could be incorporated in the updated UI.

Regards,

Igor
    Untangled Development

First time posting on this forum (or any forum for that matter) so my apologies if I make mistakes.

Igor, thank you very much for the app and for engaging people on this forum. My wife and I both have playbooks and appreciate your work.

I just wanted to give some feedback on coming improvements. Our books are organized with calibre and better integration with this program would be fantastic. I find that I lose meta data changes I've made to the file when I transfer it. Being better able to browse, sort and find my books would be great and it would be nice to be able to see description notes.

QUOTE=
    - ...integration with online book
    download services (Calibre/Box/Dropbox/etc). Which one will be the first will depend
    mostly on demand...
    12-08-11 06:11 PM
    Hi,
    As I've promised you already, this would be a minor modification and I'll try to put it
    in the next release.

Regards,

Igor
    Untangled Development

12-08-11 06:13 PM
    You can lock the PB orientation already.
    Yes, you can. Also, you can read hard copy. But, if I am reading a book and quickly want to check email and then, go back to reading... this whole process of re-orientation. Oh, yea you can check email vertially too but, it depends on content of email...

Anyways, its a great product and why not to make it better one step at a time.
    Last edited by gena_mak; 12-09-11 at 07:47 AM.
    12-09-11 07:44 AM
    I import an epub twice and now I have 2 books displayed on the reading selection page. How do I delete one?

Thanks in advance,
    Peter
    12-10-11 11:09 PM
    I import an epub twice and now I have 2 books displayed on the reading selection page. How do I delete one?

Thanks in advance,
    Peter
    Hit the red X at the top right of the selection screen, then hit the red icon that comes up to the right of the book you want to delete, then hit Delete
    peterhuy likes this.
    12-11-11 04:10 AM
    Hit the red X at the top right of the selection screen, then hit the red icon that comes up to the right of the book you want to delete, then hit Delete
    Thank you chrism_scotland
    12-11-11 05:31 AM
    Hi All,
    I just finished implementation of text highlight functionality and submitted a new release
    to the App World. I have to admit that it was harder then I've anticipated, but you should
    be able to highlight any portion of the text on displayed page even if it crosses multiple
    HTML tags underneath including partial tags.
    Highlights are currently tied to bookmarks and persisted in the internal storage until bookmark is deleted.
    Highlight color will be made configurable in the next release.

Steps to highlight the text on the page:
    1) Press your finger to the screen where you want to start. Keep pressing until you'll see
    the system's copy/paste buttons.
    2) Move selection handles until you've your text fragment completely selected.
    3) Tap on the bookmark button and add a new bookmark. You should see selected text
    fragment inside the annotation field. Keep it there, modify it or delete it.
    4) Go back to your book, you should see the highlighted text.
    5) Delete the bookmark, when you want to delete or modify the highlight

Because of the complexity, this functionality may still contain some bugs.
    Please let me know if you spot any of them via e-mail.

Here is the full list of changes for the new release:
    * New functionality in release 1.2.7:
    � Text could be highlighted by the user anywhere in the book. Simply select any text by tap and press your finger,
    then bookmark this page. Your text selection will be highlighted until you will delete the bookmark. Selected text
    is also copied into the annotation field and will be included in bookmark export file.
    � Screen orientation could be locked via reader settings independently from the system global setting.
    � Theme background is now selectable. With dark background you would not see the gray perimeter line anymore.
    * Issues resolved in release 1.2.7:
    � FB2 encoding issues with text encoding different then UTF-8
    � Chapter names were missing at the bottom of the screen
    * Known issues in release 1.2.7:
    � Some CHM files could not be opened

Regards,

Igor
    Untangled Development
    12-13-11 07:32 PM
    Hi All,
    I just finished implementation of text highlight functionality and submitted a new release
    to the App World. I have to admit that it was harder then I've anticipated, but you should
    be able to highlight any portion of the text on displayed page even if it crosses multiple
    Highlights are currently tied to bookmarks and persisted in the internal storage until bookmark is deleted.

1) Press your finger to the screen where you want to start. Keep pressing until you'll see
    3) Tap on the bookmark button and add a new bookmark. You should see selected text

� Text could be highlighted by the user anywhere in the book. Simply select any text by tap and press your finger,
    then bookmark this page. Your text selection will be highlighted until you will delete the bookmark. Selected text
    is also copied into the annotation field and will be included in bookmark export file.
    � Screen orientation could be locked via reader settings independently from the system global setting.
    � Theme background is now selectable. With dark background you would not see the gray perimeter line anymore.
    � FB2 encoding issues with text encoding different then UTF-8
    � Chapter names were missing at the bottom of the screen
    � Some CHM files could not be opened

Regards,

Igor
    Untangled Development
    My .02 - I already bought this app several weeks ago; I use it frequenly and appreciate its functionality and simplicity. It works great. However, had I not already bought the app , if for no other reason , I would buy it anyway just becasue of your committment to the Playbook community Igor. As a business owner in the IT world for the last 30 years I can respect and am happy to support someone (company, person) who is passionate about the work they do, respectful of their customers' demands/needs/wants/wish lists and produces a quality product in a profesional and courteous manner. From my p.o.v. you did and are doing an awesome job. Keep up the good work. Come up with more apps. Maybe you can solve the Skype problem ? Or SONOS ?
    untangleddev likes this.
    12-14-11 08:23 AM
    Thank you, Igor for all your work!
    Спасибо огромное

Hi All,

• Text could be highlighted by the user anywhere in the book. Simply select any text by tap and press your finger,
    • Screen orientation could be locked via reader settings independently from the system global setting.
    • Theme background is now selectable. With dark background you would not see the gray perimeter line anymore.
    • FB2 encoding issues with text encoding different then UTF-8
    • Chapter names were missing at the bottom of the screen
    • Some CHM files could not be opened

Regards,

Igor
    Untangled Development
    Last edited by gena_mak; 12-14-11 at 01:04 PM.
    12-14-11 09:28 AM
    Thank you so much for a such positive feedback. That what is really motivates me.
    Unfortunately, I have more application ideas then I'll be able to implement.
    In order to deliver a quality product I would have to focus on just Book Reader and new PDF reader that I'm trying to implement at the same time.

BTW, Skype provides almost free SDK (SkypeKit) and I'm really surprised that nobody has used it yet to deliver Skype functionality on the PlayBook.

Regards,

Igor
    Untangled Development

My .02 - I already bought this app several weeks ago; I use it frequenly and appreciate its functionality and simplicity. It works great. However, had I not already bought the app , if for no other reason , I would buy it anyway just becasue of your committment to the Playbook community Igor. As a business owner in the IT world for the last 30 years I can respect and am happy to support someone (company, person) who is passionate about the work they do, respectful of their customers' demands/needs/wants/wish lists and produces a quality product in a profesional and courteous manner. From my p.o.v. you did and are doing an awesome job. Keep up the good work. Come up with more apps. Maybe you can solve the Skype problem ? Or SONOS ?
    12-14-11 09:17 PM
    I bought the app yesterday (I got my PB on Monday, after two weeks of waiting). Igor, your application is great. I have some trouble with ToC in some books, but it probably depends how it was done in Calibre.
    Great job and thanks.

Mike
    12-14-11 09:18 PM

it has already been incorporated in the upcoming update..
    12-14-11 09:35 PM
    BTW, Skype provides almost free SDK (SkypeKit) and I'm really surprised that nobody has used it yet to deliver Skype functionality on the PlayBook.
    Well, you'd better believe that if you build it, we'll buy it....
    yanicmb likes this.
    12-15-11 12:43 PM
    Well, I do believe you, but if I'll start handling too many projects at once then none will be
    completed.

Regards,
    Igor
    Untangled Development

Well, you'd better believe that if you build it, we'll buy it....
    12-15-11 09:40 PM
    Well, I do believe you, but if I'll start handling too many projects at once then none will be
    completed.

Regards,
    Igor
    Untangled Development
    i'd say that a skype app would be about as high on the priority want list as it gets.
    12-15-11 10:14 PM
    Hi,
    If anyone has issues with the reader on OS 2, please try to upgrade to the build
    2.0.0.6149. I've installed it today and it seems like reader works there without any issues.
    Also page turning animation looks noticeably faster on this build comparing to OS 1.0.8.
    I've got this build from this page:
    https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/.../beta/register

Regards,

Igor
    Untangled Development
    12-17-11 02:06 PM
    Hi,
    If anyone has issues with the reader on OS 2, please try to upgrade to the build
    2.0.0.6149. I've installed it today and it seems like reader works there without any issues.
    Also page turning animation looks noticeably faster on this build comparing to OS 1.0.8.
    I've got this build from this page:
    https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/.../beta/register

Regards,

Igor
    Untangled Development
    that's true... page turning has been faster since 2.0.0.4896, but it is even faster now. I also noticed that other AIR apps are also faster on scrolling through list (IM+, Files & Folders, and Stuffs).
    12-17-11 08:50 PM
    In my case it means that they've finally optimized their version of the WebKit and JavaScript engines, which also means that built-in browser will be significantly faster as
    well.

Regards,

Igor
    Untangled Development

that's true... page turning has been faster since 2.0.0.4896, but it is even faster now. I also noticed that other AIR apps are also faster on scrolling through list (IM+, Files & Folders, and Stuffs).
    chrism_scotland likes this.
    12-17-11 10:15 PM
    App is running brilliantly on OS 2.0.06149 Igor, really impressed with it now and your right the browser is much faster as well!
    untangleddev likes this.
    12-18-11 06:15 AM
    i love this app and with every update its becoming even better. Thanks for adding the time on ereader while reading book, very helpful. and it is running way faster in OS 2
    12-18-11 06:01 PM
    can't wait for your new UI... Jotsy showed some great ideas with the UI, I think it would be great to have your very own bear paw in book reader..
    12-18-11 07:03 PM
784 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD