I'm currently using Bluebox to sync my ebooks / PDF's but I'm struggling to find the Bluebox download folder using Astro so I can copy and paste the ebooks in to Kindle. Any idea on the directory path needed to get to Bluebox?
    12-13-11 09:51 AM
    I'm currently using Bluebox to sync my ebooks / PDF's but I'm struggling to find the Bluebox download folder using Astro so I can copy and paste the ebooks in to Kindle. Any idea on the directory path needed to get to Bluebox?
    Bluebox folder is in documents/BlueBox directory (weird i know), i dont think Astro can see this folder but it does sees the downloads folder, just move your files there and you should be able to find them with Astro.
    12-13-11 10:13 AM
    So I have to sync with Dropbox, download it to Playbook, connect to my computer, drag it elsewhere and then use Astro to put it in Kindle?
    12-13-11 10:20 AM
    So I have to sync with Dropbox, download it to Playbook, connect to my computer, drag it elsewhere and then use Astro to put it in Kindle?
    lol, wow thats what i call user friendly. Maybe a dev will see this and make this a little less complicated. sheesh!!!
    12-13-11 10:51 AM
    Thats exactly what I'm getting at! If how I stated it is the correct and only way then that is, quite frankly, rubbish. I hope when they release OS2 officially that they have ironed out things like spell check & autocorrect plus a native file browser with full functionality. The playbook could be an amazing bit of kit but currently lacks basics, IMO.
    12-13-11 11:00 AM
    Got it sussed now but still long winded! Use airbrowser, copy file from documents, paste in downloads, open Astro then move it to Kindle. Crikey.
    12-13-11 11:05 AM
    Files & Folders will let you download from Dropbox straight to your Downloads directory.
    12-13-11 11:14 AM
    lol, wow thats what i call user friendly. Maybe a dev will see this and make this a little less complicated. sheesh!!!
    Ok guys im a little puzzled here, you were able to instal the Developers OS 2.O beta and at least Kindle and Astro File Manager Android apps, but you dont have or dont know how to use a simple native file manager on your Playbook?

I never said you need it to connect it to a computer, just use Air Browser (its free!) to move the files, also Blubeox using the documents folder for its downloads its no RIMs fault, its the developers fault.
    12-13-11 11:25 AM
    Ok guys im a little puzzled here, you were able to instal the Developers OS 2.O beta and at least Kindle and Astro File Manager Android apps, but you dont have or dont know how to use a simple native file manager on your Playbook?

I never said you need it to connect it to a computer, just use Air Browser (its free!) to move the files, also Blubeox using the documents folder for its downloads its no RIMs fault, its the developers fault.
    I just said that I'd sussed it out. Its not straight forward, is it?! Having to run 2 apps to move one simple file is madness. Choosing a download location makes far more sense, whoevers fault it is. "Downloads" is a bit of a no brainer as what the destination folder should be but what do I know

And paying for, what should be, this basic functionality isn't on but thanks for the app recommendation of Files and Folders.
    12-13-11 11:41 AM
    I just said that I'd sussed it out. Its not straight forward, is it?! Having to run 2 apps to move one simple file is madness. Choosing a download location makes far more sense, whoevers fault it is. "Downloads" is a bit of a no brainer as what the destination folder should be but what do I know

And paying for, what should be, this basic functionality isn't on but thanks for the app recommendation of Files and Folders.
    Actually for an Android app that was directly ported with no aditional coding whatsoever it is quite straight forward and very impressive IMO, Kindle app uses the Kindle folder to load its books (shoking i know), move your files to said folder and the kindle reads them.

And Files And Folders offers far more than basic functionallity for the small price it asks, DropBox, Bridge Files, Google Docs and Box.net integration juts to name a few of its features.
    12-13-11 12:07 PM
    "Congratulations, Mr. PanaSama on the purchase of your brand new car. If you'd like to step over to our parts department you can probably buy the steering wheel thats missing. You might notice a few nuts and bolts missing as well but we will send them on to you at a later date, when we are ready" - Would you stand for it then? I doubt it (or, at least, I would hope not).

My career involves me helping companies to run more efficiently and so it bothers me when other things aren't. I love the Playbook, hence I bought one, but its still a way off being right. And we shouldn't have to pay for basic functionality. I would rather have had spell check / autocorrect and a file explorer than "Need for Speed".
    12-13-11 07:42 PM
    And now Kindle won't pick up any files that I put in its folder. It used to but now it doesn't. Sheeesh. Yes, they are of the correct file type and I also put back the file that did work to see if that one would still work at least but it doesn't now so must be a software glitch, I guess....
    12-13-11 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD