I can count the number of times that the PlayBook has crashed in the last year on one hand. However, I had a crash a few minutes ago and noticed one common variable. Every time my PlayBook has hung or reset, it's been running Blaq, the twitter app. I like this app and I use it a lot, but I'm concerned that it's somehow causing a memory leak or something.

Anyone else had experiences with Blaq and freezing of the device?
    04-02-13 10:07 AM
    I've had Blaq for only a few days but I haven't noticed anything. Have you tried contacting the dev?
    04-02-13 10:14 AM
    I use Blaq as my sole twitter experience on my PlayBook and have yet to have it cause a crash. During certain days throughout the hockey season (when the lockout was coming to a close, tomorrow during trade deadline day and the opening of free agency) I will leave my PlayBook on all day with Blaq running to give me constant updates of whats going on and it has yet to give me any hiccups.
    What version of Blaq are you running? What OS do you have on your PlayBook? How much free memory do you have?
    04-02-13 10:14 AM
    I have been using Blaq for over a year as my sole Twitter source as well. I have not had any issues. I can't wait for the BB10 Blaq application as I will be investing in that right away.
    04-02-13 10:28 AM
    I have the latest of both. This one wasn't a true crash but rather a "black screen of death". When I plugged the PlayBook into the computer, it was detected and files synced but the screen remained black and unresponsive.
    04-02-13 11:39 AM
    Black screen of death ; hold the power button untill the power-options screen comes up with; Reboot, Power off, Standby and Lock

Now press cancel

Do a bezel swipe to close the app and the black screen
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    04-02-13 02:39 PM
    I've had it happen with the latest version of Blaq about half a dozen times now. It is completely random. Blaq will just freeze up and my Playbook becomes completely unresponsive. I end up doing a three finger reset and all is well after the reboot, until the next time.
    04-02-13 03:03 PM
    I really wish I knew what to tell you guys that are having issues with it but I can't because I haven't experienced any of them myself, yet lol

Have you tried contacting the devs? I know both of them are on the CB forums and usually pretty quick to respond but probably quicker to get a hold of them in twitter.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 07:30 PM
    It does freeze on me every now and again, but since the last update a couple weeks ago I have not experienced any crashes.
    04-03-13 05:41 AM