03-23-13 08:36 PM
- Hey guys,
Jerome from Kisai Labs here. Developers of Blaq for BlackBerry PlayBook.
I'm giving out 20 invites to Test Lab, which gives you access to Blaq for BlackBerry PlayBook updates before they hit App World.
We currently support Windows-based machines for installs but if you have a Mac, you'd have to figure out the install on your own.
The condition to receiving the invite is:
- Post why you like your PlayBook and what features you'd like to see in your ultimate Twitter client
I will choose the best responses and will only give out 20 and no more. Check back often because I may do it again or your fellow forum member may have invites to give away .
And go!07-06-11 05:06 PMLike 10
- Let's see.....
I love my playbook because it has basically replaced 90 percent of my computer needs from email to web browsing, I now simply grab my playbook and don't even think about booting up the computer.
In terms of what I'd like to see out of Blaq for playbook.....I love the Blaq for BB. I'd like to see an auto URL shortener, and auto way to post pics (and videos?). Ideally, it'd be great to get it tied in to facebook (and eventually google+) similar to how socialscope for BB is.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com07-06-11 05:20 PM
- I love my playbook because it goes everywhere with me. I just came back from vacation and it was always in my cargo shorts. Shot lots of videos and the quality is great.
Would love to see reply threads where I can see a whole conversation. Ability to see user profiles.07-06-11 05:28 PM
- Absolutely appreciate the opportunity to do some beta testing for Blaq.
The seamless integration with the browser for a more in-depth look at an article/video/image outside of the superb preview section is terrific. This is in line with the Playbook's highly-regarded "multitasking," in that I can easily flip back and forth between the Blaq twitter client and browser if need be. However, due to the pinch-zoom capable preview box inherent to Blaq, I almost rarely even need to step outside of the client!
Further enhancements to the Blaq twitter client could include the following:
- greater customization (fonts/color schemes)
- improved (existing) streaming of the timeline, or known as auto-refresh. also potential refresh rates for those that don't require a constant stream of updates
- it seems as though Blaq limits the amount of tweets it stores in your timeline, so being able to access a greater number of historical tweets would be a plus
- until we get some keyboard enhancements, it would be nice if there were an easier way to "click" a point within the tweet box when editing RT's
- likely an OS limitation, but push notifications would be a heavily-desired future feature
- a convenient, integrated URL shortener
Features you guys nailed (pretty sure I can speak on behalf of most Blaq Playbook consumers on these!):
- swipe gestures
- preview box
As for reasons the Playbook never leaves my side:
- portability (duh)
- bridging to my BlackBerry
- vibrant screen
- though flash has likely been over-hyped lately, it certainly must be mentioned when discussing the Playbook's browsing prowess
- true multitasking
- ability to connect PB to alternate display and see a different screen than the one displayed
- i'd say more, but I'd like to get this post in before 100's of people drop their rationale in front of mine!!
Again, very much appreciate the chance beta test your twitter client. Big fan of Blaq for the Playbook, and I'd love to help continue its evolution in any capacity.
Last edited by 2Big2Strong2Fast; 07-06-11 at 05:35 PM.07-06-11 05:30 PM
- My PlayBook has almost entirely replaced my laptop for most of my computing needs. The browser is great, I love using it as a personal jukebox for my large music library, and the screen size and weight are perfect my needs.
I would love to see lists get support in Blaq, I use the feature extensively in other twitter apps to keep track of all the people I follow. A method of pausing the streaming timeline would allow more clear reading of all the tweets in my timeline. Being able to view more profile information (timeline, mentions, favorites, followers, etc) when you click on a person's tweet would be useful in app as well.
I'd be glad to help along with the rest of the beta testers.07-06-11 05:48 PM
- i love my playbook because: its basically like my laptop except it fits in my cargo shorts pocket and goes everywhere. Im on wifi 90 maybe even 95% of the day, so i put a lot of miles on my pb. Im also on twitter a lot (blaq), recently purchased blackbird just to see the differences. I like the potential with blaq and would love to test out new versions.
Id like to see TT's, and view peoples profiles added
Last edited by ericlc2; 07-06-11 at 06:42 PM.07-06-11 06:18 PM
- I love my playbook because I realized what I needed out of a portable computer the most was a mobile web browser. My 17" laptop was little to big and heavy to carry with me for daily use. It has now been given away while I use my PlayBook exclusively for mobile browsing, in car music playback and work music playback.
I'd love to see Blaq implement the basic features, such as being able to see all posts that a person I'm following has made, as well as a URL shortener, perhaps the ability to upload pictures to a site and automatically post a link on twitter for it. One other big thing is documentation of how the features work.
I'd love to help you find bugs. Blaq needs to become the standard twitter client for the PlayBook as it's the best interface I've seen.07-06-11 06:22 PM
- The PlayBook ROCKs because:
- It has the best in class browser with Flash.
- PlayBook has a great form factor and its always by my side.
- The PlayBook is the best multi-tasking device around.
- QNX is by far the most stable and advance OS around and power the PlayBook.
- The display is brilliant and no other devices hold a candle stick to it.
- The HDMI output rocks and I watch Youtube videos through the PlayBook on my HDTV.
- The gestures are so addictive I am doing them on my BB Torch.
- Bridge Browser lets me PLAY and SURF everywhere.
- I could keep going abiut how cool it is but that would be uncool.
- PlayBook is so cool my wife made me buy her one!
I would like to beta Blaq because I would like to help make the app the best it can be and offer the most positive user experience to the PlayBook community. I know my feedback with be valuable and offer the insights needed to assist the Blaq Developement Team.
I am ready and able to load a .bar file to test and keep Blaq the best app on appworld!
Last edited by itsal; 07-06-11 at 06:53 PM.07-06-11 06:48 PM
- I Love my Playbook cuz:
The Browser Capabilities
Bridging to my Blackberry (even though AT&T sucks)
The QNX OS is great potential
The Size is great for portability
The Bezel gestures is brilliant
What I'd like to see from @Blaq:
Able to see a persons timeline
Able to respond to DM's
Thats it for now -07-06-11 07:37 PM
- I love my playbook because:
-it fits the void in between my laptop and my nintendo ds.
-form is perfect for mobility
-qnx is silky smooth
-the screen display is amazing
-it has great potential to be great
Ultimate twitter client -
Would be a mix of Tweedless & Tweet Deck. I love the filtering of tweedless and the grouping in tweetdeck.07-06-11 08:39 PM
- i love my playbook(32gb) because ive only had it for 2 days, and after only a few hrs in, i already had 156 songs, 99 videos(short and long), 3182 pics, and 2947 docs and thats not close to what i can and will try to put on it. as of this moment its still working great.
i dont think i even need to mention things like bridge, portability, sound, picture, multitasking, etc. all playbook users know.
as far as testing the app, i think having over 800 followers, and close to 30,000 tweets(while still having a life, lol) shows im on twitter often @kidmac13.
features id like on it would have to inlcude instant notifications, quick user search(finding who you follow as you type), wiewing users timeline, historical tweets, and the ability to @, reply, or DM any user instantly.07-06-11 09:03 PM
- I have had my 32GB PB since day 1 (Office Depot in Galveston):
It has replaced almost 85% of my laptop processing. It does my Twitter (Blaq Rox), my FB, my email, and my Web Browsing.
For my Twitter client, I need:
Double click URL Opens Browser
A RSS feed button that turns a Twitter URL into an RSS Feed
Allow the download of attachments versus just displaying the pictures
Blaq pretty much does everything else I need in a Twitter Client. Clearly blows away anything else anyone has.
Period.07-06-11 09:37 PM
- i love my playbook because of its ability to do all things quickly. whether it be browsing, creating a word document, or using multiple apps at the same time. i also love the size which makes things easier and more portable to take around.
ultimate twitter client would have to be built off the tweetdeck interface that particular app has become the standard of what all twitter apps should do. ultimate twitter client should also allow me to read others timelines on demand. and allow me to scroll up and down on the timeline reading previous tweets that may have been missed due to browsing. also most importantly the ability to store alot of tweets from timeline almost like a bank. there are some twitter apps that allow the timeline to hold at least 2000 tweets before it refreshes from zero again.
Tweedless, blackbird, and all those playbook twitter apps are nowhere close to what blaq has produced and that was without the updates. i am more than confident that blaq for playbook will be the flagship twitter app for the already powerful tablet. i have kept in polite contact with many members of the team via twitter and i would greatly appreciate if you extend an invite to me. everyday i have been hoping you guys release the update and an opportunity to get the beta would be very much appreciated because twitter on the tablet was one of the primary reasons for purchasing and it is evident that blaq has met the standard.
Last edited by thaboy; 07-06-11 at 11:28 PM.07-06-11 11:13 PM
- I like my Playbook because it made me realize that size does matter. I sold my iPad and do not regret that often because i take my pb with me all the time!
I would love to see;
retweet with comment or retweet
push-notifications with mentions or DM
#FF Follow Friday suggestions
some nice statistics about amount of time on twitter, logged in time, tweets retweeted etc
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com07-06-11 11:21 PM
- Why I love the playbook:
1) Form factor (size, ergonomics, etc)
2) The web browser
3) Blackberry linkage
What I'd love to see in Blaq:
Double click URL Opens Browser
A RSS feed button that turns a Twitter URL into an RSS Feed
Allow the download of attachments versus just displaying the pictures07-07-11 09:57 AM
- I love my PlayBook because of its bright and clear screen, its great user interface and its fast browser. And because it is very "special", you need a BlackBerry for it...
I'd like to see in Blaq...
first of all:
- different font sizes!
- push notifications
- the option to change to portrait mode
- see the timeline of my followers
- different themes
- the option to add my location
I really hope, I'll get an invite...07-07-11 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD