BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.1 Application Development Primer
As I am beginning to develop applications (apps) for the BlackBerry PlayBook running BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.1, I have noticed a horrendous lack of a concise walkthrough of the entire process from downloading the BlackBerry PlayBook Native Software Development Kit (NDK/SDK) through to deploying an application to your own BlackBerry PlayBook. I have been putting together a tutorial, with appropriate resource links, intended to illustrate the ***basics*** of application development and deployment. As soon as the tutorial is finalized sometime this weekend I will post it here.
- CrackBerry Addict
12-29-2012, 10:30 PM #2
- 886 Posts
When I started developing my app this summer, I had a lot of difficulties just getting the debug tokens. I was doing everything command line(barsigner...) before even launching Eclipse. What a mistake!
Just launch Eclipse that is bundled with the SDK and answer the questions upon first launch. When your debug token expires you can use Eclipse to create and upload a new one. I'm very satisfied with the documentation that is offered by RIM. IMO, they did an outstanding job...it does not looked rushed at all.
- By rroyy in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 213Last Post: 06-26-2011, 11:32 PM
- By BBWatchCA in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 5Last Post: 06-15-2011, 07:30 PM
- By sf49ers in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 2Last Post: 03-15-2011, 05:41 PM
- By khalmarri in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 11Last Post: 03-06-2011, 10:04 AM
- By sf49ers in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 1Last Post: 03-04-2011, 06:21 PM