Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.1 Application Development Primer

As I am beginning to develop applications (apps) for the BlackBerry PlayBook running BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.1, I have noticed a horrendous lack of a concise walkthrough of the entire process from downloading the BlackBerry PlayBook Native Software Development Kit (NDK/SDK) through to deploying an application to your own BlackBerry PlayBook. I have been putting together a tutorial, with appropriate resource links, intended to illustrate the ***basics*** of application development and deployment. As soon as the tutorial is finalized sometime this weekend I will post it here.
    CrackBerry Addict

When I started developing my app this summer, I had a lot of difficulties just getting the debug tokens. I was doing everything command line(barsigner...) before even launching Eclipse. What a mistake!
    Just launch Eclipse that is bundled with the SDK and answer the questions upon first launch. When your debug token expires you can use Eclipse to create and upload a new one. I'm very satisfied with the documentation that is offered by RIM. IMO, they did an outstanding job...it does not looked rushed at all.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    165 Global Posts

Yeah...I played around with c++ development tools for pb and deploying was a breeze through eclipse.
    Thanked by:
    BB_Bmore (12-30-2012)