Just an article I read on the Globe&Mail.

RIM eyes software to balance work, personal data - The Globe and Mail

Key Notes:
    "adding that analyst concerns about the tablet’s battery life are unfounded.

“It’s going to be equal or greater than the iPad with smaller battery size,” he said.

RIM expects to have some 4,000 third-party apps available for the PlayBook’s launch, due by March, McDowell said."

Rest of article discusses BlackBery Balance idea.

Good to see it's going to be on par with iPad for battery life or even better.

What about apps? 4,000 too little?
    Last edited by gohan_bcc; 01-24-11 at 03:27 PM.
    01-24-11 03:24 PM
    double post
    01-24-11 03:26 PM
    4000? right now and app world search reveals NINE
    01-24-11 06:57 PM
    I think there will be a separate Playbook section, and they haven't turned up the apps yet. Why let the competition know so soon?
    01-24-11 07:39 PM
    because knowing what apps are out there will be good for people that might want to buy the PB. Im not sure who the competition you are referring to is.
    01-24-11 07:47 PM
    I'm still getting only one the mind game for kids. What keyword are you using to search?
    01-24-11 09:46 PM
    I imagine they will release the '4000' apps shortly before release of the Playbook, maybe a week or two.
    01-25-11 01:53 AM
    4'000 apps at launch, not bad.
    01-25-11 02:25 AM
    The search program on app world does not look for devices, only names and descriptions. There are many more than 9 playbook apps in app world right now, you just can't find them without opening up every app to see what devices it supports. As discussed in another thread it is a horrible system that RIM must fix before the playbook launch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-11 05:25 AM
    The search program on app world does not look for devices, only names and descriptions. There are many more than 9 playbook apps in app world right now, you just can't find them without opening up every app to see what devices it supports. As discussed in another thread it is a horrible system that RIM must fix before the playbook launch.

What it needs is a way to search for apps by device on the website which is not to hard to do but when looking from the device it only shows apps for that device. So the only thing that needs a fixing up is the online site.

01-25-11 05:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD