Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Global Posts
    30,888 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!

I have said this before. The first time you see yoir review right after you post it, it is really not their yet. RIM needs to examine it first for the reasons Buzz stated. It can then take from 1 day up to one week for your review to actually show up.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by pkcable View Post
    I have said this before. The first time you see yoir review right after you post it, it is really not their yet. RIM needs to examine it first for the reasons Buzz stated. It can then take from 1 day up to one week for your review to actually show up.
    There also appears to be bug that scrambles the order of reviews from time to time. Sometimes several recent reviews will somehow find themselves near the end of the list instead of at the beginning. The problem straightens itself out eventually but may make it difficult to find your review if the app is fortunate enough to have a lot of reviews.

When I reported the problem a few months back, I was thanked and told that they checked the list on a PC version of App World was just fine (which it was). I reported it again and enclosed a screenshot and they thanked me again and said the problem would be fixed. I'm still waiting
    Show off PlayBook's magnetometer! Just point and see What's up.
    Visit What's up Sky Map on Facebook.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by collapsed View Post
    Review are a bit buggy...They sometimes appear, sometimes they don't
    Sometimes my 5stars reviews don't appear ..you don't see me crying here, do you?
    You don't have to play the tough guy: the review system is buggy, so we're discussing this like everything else related to the Playbook.

Don't forget that also the developers are strongly dependent on those reviews as these can make or break the success of the app.
    Last edited by Denus; 03-17-2012 at 12:30 PM.
    CrackBerry User

I have 2 deleted reviews. I paid for 2 useless softwares that they were not met their descriptions. I saw my review but after some minutes it's gone. I did not used bad words or any wrong statement. But .... It's not fair to take our money and run away and remove the reviews.. I bought more than 50 different softwares and i can see my good reviews but not negative ones... I'm using my girlfriend's playbook with different BBID. So could you please help me to find what's wrong?
    CrackBerry Abuser

I had one review CHANGED on me. Huge off.

I gave the app 3 stars. I listed a few things I liked, and a few things I didn't. The published review ended up just being one line! Saying something like "Overall not bad."

That's all they published. One, useless, line.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by madx80h View Post
    I had one review CHANGED on me. Huge off.

I gave the app 3 stars. I listed a few things I liked, and a few things I didn't. The published review ended up just being one line! Saying something like "Overall not bad."

That's all they published. One, useless, line.
    Developers can not edit a review. To my knowledge, RIM never changes reviews. There are some problems with displaying special characters in the PlayBook version of app world. Have you checked the web version of app world on your pc to see if your text is intact?
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by sixthelement View Post
    I have 2 deleted reviews. I paid for 2 useless softwares that they were not met their descriptions. I saw my review but after some minutes it's gone. I did not used bad words or any wrong statement. But .... It's not fair to take our money and run away and remove the reviews.. I bought more than 50 different softwares and i can see my good reviews but not negative ones... I'm using my girlfriend's playbook with different BBID. So could you please help me to find what's wrong?
    I cannot comment on the merits of your complaint. All I can say is that I have received reviews that stated in no uncertain terms that my app is a ripoff and not worth the price because it was not showing correct information on the screen. I know that I could have helped the user get started but unfortunately, he or she did not use the support email address. I am not saying that this happened in your case but I am saying that if you did not contact support first, you may have missed out on using a half-decent app after all.

Assuming that you are correct and there was a gross difference between the app's description and its true capabilities, you can contact the following email address and state your case. Do this as soon as possible after your purchase. They will probably tell you to contact the developer first but if you are forceful but polite, RIM may alter their normal policy and give you a refund. Several CB users have reported being successful but your mileage will vary. Here is the address:

appworldbilling@rim.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,339 Global Posts
    PIN
    Director of The Anti-Special Needs Posting Unit,,!!!

Lots of people are saying it never happens but I can tell you it does. Anyone connected to AppWorld says it doesn't is a liar.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by olblueyez View Post
    Lots of people are saying it never happens but I can tell you it does. Anyone connected to AppWorld says it doesn't is a liar.
    What are we lying about?
    (a) developers can edit reviews and change their intent?
    (b) developers can ask RIM to remove inappropriate reviews?
    (c) some reviews are inappropriate (for legitimate reasons) and developers need to protect themselves?
    (d) some consumers leave inappropriate, false and misleading reviews?
    (e) some vendors abuse their privilege and remove reviews that are legitimate?
    (f) some vendors add reviews (or their agents add reviews) in order to inflate their ratings?
    (g) RIM doesn't do enough to prevent "bad apple" developers who make all vendors seem like crooks?
    (e) RIM needs to improve the review process so that both consumers and vendors are more accountable for their actions? Customers should be able to edit their reviews, communication could be improved between customer and vendor, vendors should be able to rebut inappropriate reviews, etc, etc

I think that all of the above statements are true except for (a). What are we lying about?
    TBone4eva and Denus like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,339 Global Posts
    PIN

Would it help if I said this: "Blackberry appworld deleting my review" is what I was responding to?
    Last edited by olblueyez; 03-20-2012 at 10:22 PM.
    CrackBerry Genius

You know the part I really have a hard time with? I didn't single anyone out in my first comment. And according to your list we are in agreement (They Do Dissapear). But then you take issue with what I said.
    My intention wasn't to take issue with what you said, per se. But you did make a statement with no context and it appeared to me that you did not read the flow of all the posts in the thread. Nobody is lying here and that's the truth. I just wanted to summarize the discussion so that they could be no misunderstanding.

I am a developer and from time-to-time, I need to ask RIM to deny one of my customer's reviews. Many people have accused me of censoring their statements and have indicated that a customer is always right. And while that may be so, if someone says something that is false or misleading about my app, I do need some ability to protect myself from financial damage. I do not take decisions like this lightly.

And for the record, I know that some developers do not share my fastidiousness. These crooked developers also hurt my business and I truly wish I could stop their wicked ways. But in this endeavour, I am as helpless as any consumer. Hence my list. This is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me RIM. Please.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,339 Global Posts
    PIN

What would happen if you were selling on Amazon? Think they would ditch a review because you asked them to do so? Same with Fleabay.
    CrackBerry Genius

What would happen if you were selling on Amazon? Think they would ditch a review because you asked them to do so? Same with Fleabay.
    What would happen if called you a "" on CB? Do you think they would censor it? One lives by the rules that apply on whatever forum you participate in. If CB wants to censor what they feel is "inappropriate" they replace the text with some gibberish. If RIM allows me to ask that a slanderous comment be removed, I guess you will have to live with it! That's the truth.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,339 Global Posts
    PIN

That doesn't really answer the question.

Its been my experience that a good app backed up with good service will gets good reviews and people are able to distinguish for themselves what deserves a good rating or not. What you are saying presumes that you will get more than a reasonable number of "Inappropriate" reviews and with no good reviews in between.

Crackberry has rules but they also support everyone having an opinion.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 03-21-2012 at 08:41 PM.
    CrackBerry Genius

That doesn't really answer the question.

Its been my experience that a good app backed up with good service will gets good reviews and people are able to distinguish for themselves what deserves a good rating or not. What you are saying presumes that you will get more than a reasonable number of "Inappropriate" reviews and with no good reviews in between.

Crackberry has rules but they also support everyone having an opinion.
    I don't worry much about nasty malicious reviews much now that my app has an established presence. But when it was band new on the scene, a single nasty can be a very effective deterrent to making a good reputation. Nobody is going to buy a new app with 3 or 4 poor reviews. This is my experience.

Also, in my experience, some individuals do not really care about service and do not bother to contact me when they run into a problem. I could easily help them sort the problem if only they had asked, instead they leave a totally false and misleading complaint that deters others from downloading the app.

Even so, I have only asked for 4 reviews to be removed. All of them were removed while I had less than 20 reviews. I have 170 reviews now, less than ten of which are less than 4.5 stars. Instead of speculating on the nature of my reviews, why don't you go and look for yourself. Then come back and tell me that you think that I am cheating you out of your "right" to free speech.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,339 Global Posts
    PIN

It sounds like what is happening with you is reasonable. I looked at your app, it cool. Maybe I need to get my hands on a Playbook.
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\vendor.xml <~ DELETE
    C:\Users\*User Name*\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML\vendor.xml <~ DELETE
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\loader.exe <~ (Right Click) RUN AS ADMINASTRATOR
    Thanked by:
    BuzzStarField (03-22-2012) 
    BuzzStarField likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I am not a fan of reviews that simply say, "It doesn't work". It would be nice if they said what didn't work about the app. I see this quite a bit on various apps on BB App World. I think people should be able to speak their mind about the apps they use. If they are critical of an app, this should be totally acceptable. Developers can use all the feedback they can get to build apps that meet the users needs and expectations. If it means a low star rating, that is totally okay. As a developer you need to work hard to get those stars.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    17,128 Global Posts

You also have to love user reviews that give you praise in the comments, and then rank it with low stars... Like they didn't bother to check the settings before submitting.
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by belsunce View Post
    I wrote a one star review for an app, posted it, it showed up. the next day I happen to notice my review is no longer there. I was LIVID!! what's the point of reviews if the unflattering ones get taken down??

the day after, the review was there again. go figure..
    Sorry to answer a question with a question, but with all this negativity, poorly written apps promoted as well as the well-written and useful apps, why do so many Blackberry users still gravitate toward a poorly managed device application portal (that monitors your activities and makes money off the statistics it generates), rather than finding and loading applications yourself (using the Desktop application loader)?

I think that users’ complete independence from a “big brother” monitoring and controlling your choice of “proper” applications is one of the best advantages over the Iphone and Android. And with the apparent reduction of popular Blackberry public discussion forums, it’s become easier to reach other users to discuss problems with apps and authors (as long as you’re not on blackberryforums.com).

I’ve also been burned by a poor application author’s work I downloaded from App World. Author hadn’t done his homework and was apparently only writing for “newer” BB OS releases, not for the older 4.2 release in my older device. The app (LivePVR) destroyed my device image, had to re-image and reload. I complained about this app’s listing to RIM, and they ignored me. You won’t read any negative reviews for that app, since the author apparently disabled or deleted them.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,950 Global Posts

Sometimes my reviews don't even get posted, and they've only been 5 star ones
    Sent from my Z10 or a soon to be BB10 PlayBook

BlackBerry Curve 8530 (Virgin Mobile) -BlackBerry Bold 9900 (T-Mobile) BlackBerry Z10 (T-Mobile) + a deceased BlackBerry PlayBook 64 gig
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12