12-08-12 04:56 PM
- So I got the new SCRAPBOOK app. First let me say that I find this application to be a very nice application but it has its flaws. I messed around with it a little more and got a little frustrated at the fact that I can't save my work to edit it later. I also can't get a picture updated into the application once I'm on it (I downloaded an pic from the internet while I was in SCRAPBOOK and it wouldn't show up. This wouldn't be a problem except...like I said before...I can't just leave and come back...I have to start over from the beginning since I can't save it and edit it later.
So I went into blackberry app world and decided to add a review. I put up those 3 points I mentioned and gave it 3 stars I beleive. At the end of the review I wrote something to the likes of "Great app just needs some work."
Couple of hours later, out of curiousity, I went back to appworld and it had disappeared. Not only did it disappear but I can no longer add another review? The two other "amazing" reviews are still there but Mine is gone. What gives? Are they deleting bad reviews? Anything under 4 stars? Wtf!
Last edited by speedster277; 05-03-11 at 09:52 PM.05-03-11 09:44 PM
- I checked right after. I checked twice actually just to check for that same reason. It was there. I never write reviews for anything so I felt kinda of proud to give some constructive criticism to the developers. How are they ever going to make the app better if they don't know the flaws...or at least see the people testing it out for them?05-03-11 09:50 PM
- 05-04-11 04:46 AM
- 05-04-11 06:23 AM
- The developer is probably just deleting your reviews because they are low. It's cheap, but common.
On the other hand, if your review goes something like: "sucks, does not download *" or "its okay ***", it doesn't deserve to go up. I've even deleted a review of the demo version of my game for giving it one star because it wasn't the full game for free.05-04-11 09:29 AM
- Your review WASN'T really there when you first saw it. When you first leave a review, it appears to post immediately, and you can see it IF you check, BUT it's not really there, you are the only person who can see it. It has to be approved first before it can be posted, to make sure it's not profane, or anything like that. It will get posted, give it time.
EDIT: As soon as you close and then reopen App World you won't be able to "see" your review anymore until it gets posted for real.05-04-11 12:20 PM
- Was bored, but I believe I found your review on the appworld.
BlackBerry App World - ScrapbookPlease add features: delete scrapbook page, manual update for pictures tab when you take a new picture with the camera open (multi-tasking), save as draft page, and back to home (the clothesline). Love the speed and appearance. Fun to create pages. Would be fun to email or upload these images to Facebook or other tools.
Last edited by Going_Kamando; 05-05-11 at 02:35 PM.05-04-11 12:47 PM
- What annoys me is all the crap on App World. How many Add ME reviews are on App World for our handhelds and have given an app 4 stars when there is no review? App World needs to be better at the whole review process and its content layout. I find it a complete joke and I dont take most reviews seriously. At least the Playbook App World seems to be a bit better at it. But as a whole, BB App World needs to change.
Last edited by 8900Freak; 05-19-11 at 10:52 AM.05-19-11 10:48 AM
- What annoys me is all the crap on App World. How many Add ME reviews are on App World for our handhelds and have given an app 4 stars when there is no review? App World needs to be better at the whole review process and its content layout. I find it a complete joke and I dont take most reviews seriously. At least the Playbook App World seems to be a bit better at it. But as a whole, BB App World needs to change.05-19-11 10:53 AM
- 03-16-12 07:58 PM
- What annoys me is all the crap on App World. How many Add ME reviews are on App World for our handhelds and have given an app 4 stars when there is no review? App World needs to be better at the whole review process and its content layout. I find it a complete joke and I dont take most reviews seriously. At least the Playbook App World seems to be a bit better at it. But as a whole, BB App World needs to change.03-16-12 10:15 PM
For example, if something doesn't work as expected, consider contacting the developer about the problem. The chances are that the developer knows about the problem and can give you a work-around, or your problem is a result of a misunderstanding (that is, the problem is a user error.)
If the developer does not respond in a reasonable time, or if the response is unsatisfactory, you can write a review that is meaningful. If the developer helps you resolve the problem (which is likely the case) consider writing a review about your problem and the (excellent) service that you received.
In addition, please note that RIM will sometimes automatically deny a review for the following reasons:
* if the reviewer has a history of making false statements for many apps
* if there is questionable language
* if there is improper use of trademarks
It is also the possibility that a developer can ask RIM to deny a review if the review is considered "inappropriate". As, examples, I have asked for 4 reviews (out of approximately 170) to be denied. Here are the reasons that I gave:
* One review (one star) stated that the device had no working GPS chip (this is false)
* One review (1/2 star) said that my app had many bugs and that the user could not understand how to use the app.. THe user should have contacted support to get some advice on how to use the app.
* One (zero star) review was clearly for another app
* One review (1 star) simply stated that all apps in app world sucked
I would like to acknowledge that a small number of devs seem to abuse the privilege of asking RIM to deny a review. There on many threads on this subject in the forum if you do a search. I am a consumer too, and I believe that RIM needs to do a better job of monitoring the bad apples that tend to ruin the app world experience. I hope we don't get into another discussion about this topic because as I just said, the problem has already been discussed to death.03-16-12 11:09 PMLike 2
- I had the same issue with my review regarding the excellent game Smiles HD.
It took me some time to write a good review (English is not my native language) and gave the game a full 5 stars. It was there when I checked the first time shortly after the submission. An hour later, it was gone: and the only review left was from last year...
I wrote an email to the maker, and he was kind enough to give me a friendly reply, but he told me that he was also wondering why his game didn't get more reviews.
Let's face it: even those fart apps get more than two reviews, so that's quite bizarre.
I must say that my review came back the next day, so I don't understand the behavior of this system.
Last edited by Denus; 03-17-12 at 04:42 AM.03-17-12 04:22 AM
- i see plenty of reviews that say ' if problems get fixed, i will edit my review'.
i guess that led me to believe i could change mine at a later date.
i just left air attack a half-star review.
wish i could now change it to 5.
maybe i should just request to have it removed all together.03-17-12 05:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD