OH man oh man!!!! please update us when this is ready for prime time!!!

Nice job. Better then using my Torch and better then surfing on the company computer.

I will be glad to pay this app will pay for it self on the first trade...
    Last edited by Chinookman; 04-22-12 at 12:51 PM. Reason: just learned it is a paid app
    04-22-12 12:50 PM
    Maximum number of stocks in a watchlist?
    Can I display stocks in a watchlist in the order I entered them?
    Can I display a watchlist in portrait mode?
    Can I import or export a watchlist?
    Multiple watchlists?

Thanks
    04-22-12 08:34 PM
    hope there is a free trial
    04-22-12 09:44 PM
    Maximum number of stocks in a watchlist?
    Can I display stocks in a watchlist in the order I entered them?
    Sure, this is how they display by default if you don't enable sorting.
    Can I display a watchlist in portrait mode?
    No.
    This is actually pretty easy to do. But how do you expect this to work? E.g. import/export from/to where/what? (If somebody else needs this feature please comment also.)
    Multiple watchlists?
    No. But if export/import is implemented this would effectively allow watchlist switching.

Good questions. Thanks.
    Last edited by vitalyx; 04-23-12 at 02:10 AM.
    04-23-12 02:02 AM
    vitalyx -

Are you planning to incorporate technical analysis capabilities in a future release?
    battery likes this.
    04-23-12 09:10 AM
    @OT-Bound Sorry, I wouldn't want to comment on future features as not every option I'm exploring ends up in the final product.
    04-23-12 10:22 AM
    Thanks for the reply. Perhaps you could comment on what differentiates your app from existing web-based services such as Yahoo Finance and Google Finance, which offer similar features for free.
    04-23-12 10:56 AM
    @OT-Bound That would be the aggregation and presentation of data and optimization for touch based interface, no ads or other irrelevant stuff web pages include means you get your information faster and with less distraction. There are other smaller points, but it's all about efficiency really. I would say browser-based research is frustrating compared to Top Stocks.
    04-23-12 11:28 AM
    This is actually pretty easy to do. But how do you expect this to work? E.g. import/export from/to where/what?
    I'm not sure how it would work. I'd want to import a list of tickers from a spreadsheet on my PC into the app. Maybe via Google Docs or SkyDrive?
    04-23-12 11:38 PM
    Good news, guys!

Top Stocks is now up for sale in the BlackBerry App World.
    Please keep in mind it can take up to 24 hours before your app has propagated into our system.
    Thanks for waiting and hope you will enjoy it!

EDIT: just checked and it's already in the App World.
    Last edited by vitalyx; 04-24-12 at 03:49 AM.
    04-24-12 03:30 AM
    Sweet! thanks for your efforts on bringing a quality app to the playbook! I'll be purchasing it tonight when i get home.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    04-24-12 05:57 AM
    So will I. Angry Birds Space? Not so much.
    04-24-12 11:13 AM
    I would like to see this with a 1 or 2 day trial.

Cheers, Chris
    04-24-12 12:47 PM
    I just bought it. It seems to be the most responsive of the stock apps on the Playbook.

A couple quick questions:

Top swipe doesn't bring up a menu. Is there a settings menu to change things such as quote refresh rate?

Are the indexes delayed?

Any way to order and edit the Markets list?

Any functionality to the charts such as going full screen?
    04-24-12 01:00 PM
    Thanks for the reply. Perhaps you could comment on what differentiates your app from existing web-based services such as Yahoo Finance and Google Finance, which offer similar features for free.
    I will make a comment on this. When using web based free services over a cellular connection, you are burning cellular data having advertisements displayed on your PlayBook plus the web pages themselves are more complex and data intensive. Even if you have unlimited data, a slow connection can make it impossible to use complex web sites. The simple uncluttered display of Top Stocks can make it easy to get a quick look at how your watchlist is doing.
    04-24-12 01:11 PM
    I just bought it. It seems to be the most responsive of the stock apps on the Playbook.

A couple quick questions:

Top swipe doesn't bring up a menu. Is there a settings menu to change things such as quote refresh rate?

Are the indexes delayed?

Any way to order and edit the Markets list?

Any functionality to the charts such as going full screen?
    Thanks. You can change the update period as described here.
    There is no way to order or edit the Markets list or make the charts bigger. US indexes are real-time, non US ones are delayed by 15 minutes, except Bombay, Shanghai and Australian exchanges, those are real time too. I will update the app to include this info for indexes also.

EDIT: submitted the update and added FAQ to the app's description, both are awaiting approval now
    Last edited by vitalyx; 04-25-12 at 05:37 AM.
    04-25-12 03:09 AM
    Nice. Just bought it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-25-12 05:44 AM
    Another quick question, what is the syntax for adding symbols directly; US versus Canadian stock symbols?
    04-25-12 07:21 AM
    @robsteve For disambiguation you sometimes need to prepend the exchange code followed by a colon, e.g. "TSE:RY", "CVE:BTI", "CNSX:MWR" for Canadian stocks and "NYSE:RY", "NASDAQ:MSFT", "NYSEAMEX:BTI" for US stocks. Or you can just look up the company by its name. BTW, symbol lookup also works on your own watchlist, which can be useful for large watchlists.
    Last edited by vitalyx; 04-25-12 at 07:54 AM.
    robsteve likes this.
    04-25-12 07:40 AM
    Is it possible for this to remain open and keep the playbook awake? I like to use my laptop for work and keep my playbook as a stock ticker on the side of my computer.
    04-25-12 09:02 AM
    @LuayS It looks like RIM currently doesn't provide a way for WebWorks apps (which Top Stocks is) to keep the device awake. I've asked for update on this, so we'll see. EDIT: turns out there is a (dirty) workaround that I might incorporate into one of the future updates, depending on how well it works.
    Last edited by vitalyx; 04-25-12 at 09:33 AM.
    04-25-12 09:19 AM
    Guys, there's now a free 3 day trial. If you were hesitant, now it's a great time to give Top Stocks a try
    05-02-12 04:54 PM
    I cannot seem to find this in AppWorld. How about putting a direct link in your signature.

Thanks. Cheers, Chris
    05-03-12 08:10 AM
    @Chris I'm sorry, turns out I forgot to post the app for sale after the update has been approved. Searching for "stocks" should now yield Top Stocks as the first result.

Thanks for the tip! I'll be able to post a link in the signature when I have 25 posts.
    05-03-12 08:37 AM
    Top Stocks is now available for Android: Top Stocks in Google Play (only for Ice Cream Sandwich tablets)
    05-04-12 05:49 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD