I am trying to decide which file manager app to download. Interested in anyone's opinions and experience with the available options. Thanks.
    06-16-11 10:30 AM
    I am currently using the Free AirBrowser. + for being free and it does all that I need.
    I am keeping my eye on the updates of the aftab file browser and when they have resolved the FTP issues I will more than likely purchase that one.
    06-16-11 10:57 AM
    I would suggest "File Browser".
    06-16-11 11:33 AM
    i like 'file browser' by aftab too...available at appworld. just had an update which gives an even nicer layout.
    06-16-11 12:13 PM
    i like 'file browser' by aftab too...available at appworld. just had an update which gives an even nicer layout.
    Do you know if they have resolved the FTP issues yet, including remembering the FTP details?
    06-16-11 12:14 PM
    I've had File Browser for a while and it seems to allow me to do the most, most easily. It needs a Sort function.

Air Browser is nice for FREE.

I got in on the free offer for File Commander yesterday. The side-by-side makes some actions easier.

They all seem to still have problems showing all the files in my Video folder.
    06-16-11 12:22 PM
    Hello all, file browser by Aftab has been updated to 2.2.9 today. This brings in sorting function by date, name, type and size. Search is coming *very soon* (hopefully early next week).

2.3 coming later next week will have password protect, hiding files, better FTP support and performance enhancements. These are all free upgrades.

If there are any other suggestions, please post it here! (except for network browsing, working on that ).

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs.../43871?lang=en
    Last edited by vaderx; 06-16-11 at 03:24 PM.
    06-16-11 02:50 PM
    Great, I like the sort. It opened my Steripen.pdf file on the sdcard.

Still not showing all of my video files - strange how they "hide" from certain apps.

Apparently, it is some api issue according the programmer of the MovieSRTPlayer app. I will try copying them off the playbook, tweaking on the computer and copying them back.
    06-16-11 04:15 PM
    i have file manager. file browser, file explorer and air browser. File browser had been winning hands down but this morning File Explorer updated so now i think File Browser and File Explorer are neck and neck for my uses. Only one i really found useless was File Manager
    06-18-11 10:14 AM
    the Air Browser does everything I need it to... and it's free!
    06-18-11 10:25 AM
    Of all browsers that I've tried, File Browser wins hands down.
    06-18-11 11:11 AM
    Search has been added to 2.2.11 coming early next week
    06-19-11 01:02 PM
    The app is really nice although, the oddity with certain files not showing in the video folder persists
    06-19-11 02:02 PM
    AirBrowser is pretty great. Free too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-11 04:23 PM
    does anyone know if File Browser from Aftab will be able to take the playbooks HD demo video and put it somewhere else so it can be saved on like a usb stick or external hard drive or something?
    06-19-11 06:33 PM
    I feel the need to mention My File Manager. It's not as feature rich as File Browser, but it does have a password protected system that allows you to hide your files. With tablets still being "Hey, let me see that" gadgets, I find it nice to know that my financial spreadsheets don't pop up when people are poking around. Also, I find that it works better pulling files from my SD card.
    06-19-11 07:19 PM
    does anyone know if File Browser from Aftab will be able to take the playbooks HD demo video and put it somewhere else so it can be saved on like a usb stick or external hard drive or something?
    I believe I tried copying it - it will not work. I lost the HD demo when I did a Security Wipe (to get jpg attachments to show in email)
    06-19-11 09:11 PM
    Password protection has been added to version 2.3.1 of File Browser.

Looking into the video files.
    06-21-11 11:08 AM
    Do any of the file managers have network browsing? I want to be able to stream movies straight from from my network drive without copying them over.
    06-27-11 03:45 PM
    Do any of the file managers have network browsing? I want to be able to stream movies straight from from my network drive without copying them over.
    Don't think so, but have you tried "Orb"?
    06-27-11 04:39 PM
    Don't think so, but have you tried "Orb"?
    Don't you need to keep your laptop on to run Orb? Kind of defeats the purpose. I have a network drive that's plugged directly into my router.
    06-27-11 06:52 PM
    I just run a web server on my desktop and can access/stream mp3/pictures and movies from it. The default playbook media player starts running within the browser window and you can hit maximize to view full screen. The blue media play icon also shows up in the notification bar with the title etc. You should check if your network drive supports web browser, then you can use the internet browser to access/stream your files.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    copperoak likes this.
    06-27-11 07:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD