Hey there folks, lately i've been using my PlayBook a lot to edit photos, im amazed of how good it works. I know there are not many good apps for this yet but i'd like to know which one you prefer. Here's what i have:

1. Picshop - This is the best one for me, tons of features, super fluid and lots of fun, a MUST have.
    2.Uber Iris - This one came directly from the guys over at Xblaz, amazing UI (As we could expect from them) but i think it needs more options/filters etc. This is a great choice.
    3. InstaPhoto - Great choice too, a bit laggy though. I'd like to see more filters in a future update.
    4. TouchUp Pro - This one works for me, but it is very old. Developers should update this asap with more functions.

Thanks!
    zma15 and XLabz like this.
    04-01-12 01:31 PM
    Sumo Paint is a bit laggy through the native browser (but it works). There's also an app for it in App World and I'd say it's the app most like Photoshop.

I'd say Uber Iris/PicShop are what I mainly use, and if I need something fully featured for something, I go with Sumo Paint.
    Herve5 likes this.
    04-02-12 06:45 AM
    Uber Iris... the best one.
    XLabz and slott like this.
    04-02-12 03:50 PM
    Uber Iris... the best one.
    You have to buy it
    04-14-12 07:07 AM
    You have to buy it
    yes but is worth every cent.
    04-15-12 12:47 PM
    Hands down PicShop.

It's the fastest and fullest featured.

I also bought UberIris, and while the interface is nice, its needs more features, and it lags on adjustments. Save your money and just get PicShop. It does everything UberIris can do and more. I wish I could get a refund for UberIris.
    04-16-12 06:02 PM
    You have to buy it
    I just bought Uber Iris based on the above opinions, and I must say that I am quite disappointed with it. I read a review of the program earlier where it said that it was quite laggy, which is a spot on description of the app as a whole. In addition to this it is lacking many of the functions of the slightly more expensive apps. It basically just gives the user the opportunity to crop, cut, rotate and add filters to the images. It also has a built in sharing option for twitter etc. I don't think it's worth the price as most of the other apps have free versions that enable the users to do most of the same work for free.. Unless you are not paying for your apps yourself, stay away from Uber Iris.
    11-11-12 10:49 AM
    I just bought Uber Iris based on the above opinions, and I must say that I am quite disappointed with it. I read a review of the program earlier where it said that it was quite laggy, which is a spot on description of the app as a whole. In addition to this it is lacking many of the functions of the slightly more expensive apps. It basically just gives the user the opportunity to crop, cut, rotate and add filters to the images. It also has a built in sharing option for twitter etc. I don't think it's worth the price as most of the other apps have free versions that enable the users to do most of the same work for free.. Unless you are not paying for your apps yourself, stay away from Uber Iris.
    You MIGHT be able to get a refund:

Send an email to [email protected].
    11-11-12 12:10 PM
    Try free video editing websites like Photo editor online - Pixlr.com edit image. Make use of PlayBook's awesome browser
    bdegrande likes this.
    11-11-12 12:24 PM
    I thought for the price Uber Iris was a bit short on features, and I'd like more of the screen devoted to the picture, rather than leather. But at least it lets you save your pics in their original resolution.
    Not great but not a rip off (for a real rip off see Fotostore: 6 bucks for a link to Pixlr's website).
    11-12-12 08:35 PM
    (...) and if I need something fully featured for something, I go with Sumo Paint.
    The corresponding offline app is called Sumo Paint Air; out of the many clones of pixlr it's the only one that actually works offline.
    Indeed it's a "youg photoshop", with for instance a real Curves tool (something IMHO definitely indispensable to the professional). There is no special rescaling wrt the online pixlr, which means, finger-selecting menus and options is a delicate operation (for frequent use I'd recomment a dedicated pen). I did buy Sumo Paint Air, and definitely don't regret it, but I'd probably be frustrated it I was to use it one hour per day.
    Other than this, I appreciate Photo Studio, one of the few that manage to depart from the extremely stupid PB filepicker (which'll show all your photos, merged together even if you have 50 folders with 1000 images). No Curves tool but the adjustment filters are reasonable and UI is very efficient.
    Alternately, Photo Editor Ultimate free also improves on the PB picker, but its interface is rather "select effect title then you'll see", which I don't appreciate.
    Aside real photo processors, you have a couple of utilities like PhotoSorter, that just does what it says efficiently, StarCapture that'll allow you to pile up n photos to decrease the noise (efficient, needs a strictly motionless PB), Imaginem that'll open raw files, and the file manager "Files and Folders" that while much slower than others does feature a native and very efficient slideshow.
    I do use all these apps, and can say none crash or behaves badly (I just regret those that are non-native andro ports)
    So all in all, with a PB you are not really professional (in the sense all Adobe apps are on iPad for instance) but you can definitely be an efficient amateur
    11-13-12 02:58 AM
    Photo Studio and Photo Editor Ultimate don't use the playbook photo picker because they are android.
    I've found that none of the photo editing apps do everything I want so I tend to use a combination of Photo Editor Extreme, PhotoFX and Photo Edtor Ultimate.
    For anything serious I find the 7inch screen too small to work on, but the apps on the playbook let me quickly try out some ideas while I'm out and about or lounging around, then I can put the ideas into use on my PC later.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-14-12 08:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD