I've got some older PDFs for which the images that are embedded don't display properly. For some e-readers there is a particular way of saving them so that they work, so I'm suspecting the same is true for the Adobe Reader app on the PlayBook. Anyone know what the best version to save as is?
    04-17-12 02:18 PM
    i thought PDF is a universal standard/format which is the whole purpose of publishing items in PDF......
    04-17-12 02:42 PM
    Nope, there's different ways you can save them, and depending on the reading software you're going to run into problems.
    04-17-12 04:17 PM
    Is there a tool that would tell you what version a pdf file was saved as? If so, you could examine a few that seem to work and try emulating that version.

That being said, folks have discovered that some apps saveas PDF creates versions that are NOT compatible but I have not followed the discussions that closely. I recall one of the drawing apps created pdf files that would not read on the pb.
    04-18-12 06:01 PM
    Acrobat Pro would probably do that, but that costs $$$.
    04-19-12 03:36 AM
    Tried qPDF Notes? Love that app! It has a "flatten document" function is which converts fancy PDF elements to a simple PDF format which can be displayed on most readers. Try free qPDF viewer first too in case it displays it properly.
    04-19-12 04:43 AM
    Nope, there's different ways you can save them, and depending on the reading software you're going to run into problems.
    Exactly.

There are many versions of the PDF specification. For maximum compatibility, save it as PDF/A.
    04-19-12 11:24 AM
    Exactly.

There are many versions of the PDF specification. For maximum compatibility, save it as PDF/A.
    Thank you! I'll try that.
    04-19-12 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD