Just wanting to see what you recommend as good audiobook players for the Playbook.
    Thanks
    12-15-12 06:49 PM
    I use the overdrive app. It's a android app but you can get it in app world.

Tapatalking
    12-15-12 09:07 PM
    Is there an app that can play Audible books?
    12-16-12 04:45 AM
    I think the only app available is play-a-Book, but the audio book has to be in mp3 format.
    It works pretty good.
    12-16-12 11:06 AM
    I'll give Play-a-Book a try. The Overdrive app is good but you can't add books not downloaded through it.
    Thanks for your comments.
    12-16-12 07:45 PM
    There is no such thing - a rather pathetic state of affairs. I listen to audiobooks on my palm treo using 7 year old software., blows anything available on the pb out of the water. Bb10 will probably have a built in player that will be years ahead of the competition (right- lol ).
    12-16-12 11:02 PM
    Hi everyone,

We've submitted an app a few days ago (approval in progress) called Think-4-U Music Player. It's a native PlayBook app with many features including a unique capability of learning your music playing preferences and provides a mode that automatically plays what you like. Within this Music Player, we also have features that are useful for Audio Books:
    - Auto-bookmarking. It will automatically save off where you left-off. There's no limit to how many books it can auto-bookmark
    - Auto-resume. Upon app restart, it will come back to the same book and bookmark that you left off, so you don't have to remember
    - Support for mp3, wma, aac
    - There isn't any importing step. It'll find all the supported files and display them for you to select.
    - A "real-time" search feature is conveniently accessible so that when you start typing a letter, it'll start giving you a list of all your books that match that search. In fact, that becomes a dynamic play list that you can then play each book in the result one after another.
    - There's a built-in favorites list so that you can easily play all your favorite books in a playlist
    - If there is a set of books that you like to listen to often, you can group that in sub-folder under the Music folder, and each of these sub-folders will become a playlist
    - Once you are finished with a book and no longer want to keep it on your PlayBook, there's a convenient delete button available.
    - Gesture navigation (swipe left/right) to quickly move from one book to another; tap on screen to toggle play/pause

Here's a couple of screenshots of the app:
    Best Audiobook player for Playbook?-ss1.jpgBest Audiobook player for Playbook?-ss2.jpg

If this is along the lines of what may be helpful to folks on this thread, we'd be happy to post an update as soon as the app is approved (hopefully any day now :-)

Sincerely,
    BumbleBee Computing
    Last edited by Bumble2000; 12-18-12 at 12:12 AM.
    12-18-12 12:01 AM
    Hi everyone,

We've submitted an app a few days ago (approval in progress) called Think-4-U Music Player. It's a native PlayBook app with many features including a unique capability of learning your music playing preferences and provides a mode that automatically plays what you like. Within this Music Player, we also have features that are useful for Audio Books:
    - Auto-bookmarking. It will automatically save off where you left-off. There's no limit to how many books it can auto-bookmark
    - Auto-resume. Upon app restart, it will come back to the same book and bookmark that you left off, so you don't have to remember
    - Support for mp3, wma, aac
    - There isn't any importing step. It'll find all the supported files and display them for you to select.
    - A "real-time" search feature is conveniently accessible so that when you start typing a letter, it'll start giving you a list of all your books that match that search. In fact, that becomes a dynamic play list that you can then play each book in the result one after another.
    - There's a built-in favorites list so that you can easily play all your favorite books in a playlist
    - If there is a set of books that you like to listen to often, you can group that in sub-folder under the Music folder, and each of these sub-folders will become a playlist
    - Once you are finished with a book and no longer want to keep it on your PlayBook, there's a convenient delete button available.
    - Gesture navigation (swipe left/right) to quickly move from one book to another; tap on screen to toggle play/pause

Here's a couple of screenshots of the app:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SS1.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	128808Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SS2.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	128809

If this is along the lines of what may be helpful to folks on this thread, we'd be happy to post an update as soon as the app is approved (hopefully any day now :-)

Sincerely,
    BumbleBee Computing
    Very creative. Sounds like it is well-thought out. Good luck with the app.
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    12-18-12 09:06 AM
    Please update us when the App is approved. This is something the BB PB is lacking big time!
    12-25-12 02:45 AM
    Just wanting to see what you recommend as good audiobook players for the Playbook.
    Thanks
    I just side loaded "Audiobooks" from GoodeReader and it's not bad at all. It's real simple, has links to hundreds of audiobooks in the public domain, bookmarks your spot, etc. I'm quite pleased actually. Worth a try for sure.
    12-25-12 05:40 PM
    Hi shiguera,

As promised, I'm updating this thread with the availability of the app that I mentioned previously that can be used for Audiobooks. Here's a link to the app thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...3/#post7824775
    01-04-13 02:53 PM
    The native app Play-a-Book is really good, it remembers where you left off, it has multifile support to play all your mp3 in a folder in succession, it has a library to store your audiobooks and has a nice UI. Bookmarks support supposedly is coming but the dev hasn't updated the app since last year, I contacted the dev recently about this issue, Ill let you know what he responds.

link to the app: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...02396/?lang=en
    Last edited by Blackman91; 03-26-13 at 08:43 PM.
    03-26-13 06:41 PM
    Good news people:
    Hola,
    Thank you very much for your support.
    Of course I am going to update this app. However, there are 3 versions:
    for smartphones OS6-7, PlayBook and BB10. And I'm only one to
    develop/update/tweak these apps. Simply, I have no enough time. But,
    BB10 edition is equipped with bookmarks and ability to stream online
    content. So, I'll try to include these features into PlayBook edition
    ASAP. I apologize for the delay.

Sincerely,
    Andrzej Bialozor
    SPINAKER MULTIMEDIA
    Updates are coming! get this awesome app people.
    03-26-13 08:15 PM
    The sideloaded mortplayer audio books is freaking awesome too!!! lot of options and customization.
    06-13-13 05:03 PM
    Play a Book got updated with bookmarks support!!
    07-10-13 02:32 PM
    Also it now supports wav and wmv.
    07-13-13 03:50 AM
    Unfortunately MortPlayer is not working correctly on my PB. It starts a track and after a few seconds of play it will stop. It will do this many times, once in a while it will go past the stop point but it's annoying. Any fix for this? I uninstalled it. I'm using latest versions of OS and app version as of Jul.18, 2013.
    07-19-13 08:26 AM