- 12-17-12, 12:02 AM #6
There is no such thing - a rather pathetic state of affairs. I listen to audiobooks on my palm treo using 7 year old software., blows anything available on the pb out of the water. Bb10 will probably have a built in player that will be years ahead of the competition (right- lol ).
- 12-18-12, 01:01 AM #7
We've submitted an app a few days ago (approval in progress) called Think-4-U Music Player. It's a native PlayBook app with many features including a unique capability of learning your music playing preferences and provides a mode that automatically plays what you like. Within this Music Player, we also have features that are useful for Audio Books:
- Auto-bookmarking. It will automatically save off where you left-off. There's no limit to how many books it can auto-bookmark
- Auto-resume. Upon app restart, it will come back to the same book and bookmark that you left off, so you don't have to remember
- Support for mp3, wma, aac
- There isn't any importing step. It'll find all the supported files and display them for you to select.
- A "real-time" search feature is conveniently accessible so that when you start typing a letter, it'll start giving you a list of all your books that match that search. In fact, that becomes a dynamic play list that you can then play each book in the result one after another.
- There's a built-in favorites list so that you can easily play all your favorite books in a playlist
- If there is a set of books that you like to listen to often, you can group that in sub-folder under the Music folder, and each of these sub-folders will become a playlist
- Once you are finished with a book and no longer want to keep it on your PlayBook, there's a convenient delete button available.
- Gesture navigation (swipe left/right) to quickly move from one book to another; tap on screen to toggle play/pause
Here's a couple of screenshots of the app:
If this is along the lines of what may be helpful to folks on this thread, we'd be happy to post an update as soon as the app is approved (hopefully any day now :-)
Last edited by Bumble2000; 12-18-12 at 01:12 AM.
- CrackBerry User
12-25-12, 06:40 PM #10
- 56 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
- 01-04-13, 03:53 PM #11
As promised, I'm updating this thread with the availability of the app that I mentioned previously that can be used for Audiobooks. Here's a link to the app thread: New app: Think-4-U Music Player
- 03-26-13, 07:41 PM #12
The native app Play-a-Book is really good, it remembers where you left off, it has multifile support to play all your mp3 in a folder in succession, it has a library to store your audiobooks and has a nice UI. Bookmarks support supposedly is coming but the dev hasn't updated the app since last year, I contacted the dev recently about this issue, Ill let you know what he responds.
link to the app: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...02396/?lang=en
Last edited by Blackman91; 03-26-13 at 09:43 PM.
MortPlayer not working
Unfortunately MortPlayer is not working correctly on my PB. It starts a track and after a few seconds of play it will stop. It will do this many times, once in a while it will go past the stop point but it's annoying. Any fix for this? I uninstalled it. I'm using latest versions of OS and app version as of Jul.18, 2013.
- By v17kas in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 3Last Post: 08-27-12, 07:04 AM
- By chillenandy321 in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 10Last Post: 04-29-12, 11:04 AM
- By snuci in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 04-15-11, 02:16 PM
- By Michael Joseph in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 0Last Post: 11-24-08, 09:16 AM
- By D_Town in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 05-12-08, 07:47 PM