This morning, a new app named Chinese Live TV is interested me. I was looking for an app to watch Chinese TV, movies, whcih is one of reasons I bought playbook. It was a frustrating experience before this app came. Becuase it is a native playbook app, it plays the video so smoothly, less electric cosuming (you didn't feel any hot spot in the back of playbook comparing with playing flash in browser) and better video quality. I am using 5M dsl internet, I got less cache and waiting time comparing with playing flash in browser. I guess it is using P2P or other optimized method to stream the media.

I believe there are a lot of people like me looking for an app like PC version of pplive, pps on playbook. I highly recommend this app. You can find it at appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/83380/ or search "Chinese Live TV" in appworld.

Playbook has an excellent hardware spec, however, the lack of apps makes it didn't get the deserved reviews. Now more and more excellent playbook apps are coming and making playbook more useful.
    Newbytes likes this.
    02-17-12 08:21 AM
    The app's description doesn't give much details... do you know which Chinese channels this app streams?
    02-17-12 08:26 AM
    There are 12 Channels. Hunan, Dragon, Beijing-2, travel, health, Jiangsu, Zejiang, Shandong, Education-1 are my favors.
    Last edited by rain126; 02-17-12 at 10:21 AM.
    02-17-12 08:43 AM
    Why does the skeptical person in me think this is a lame self advertisement for an app you created rain126?

I mean it's great that you wrote the app and all, but I sour at the fact if you're trying to advertise it this way.

Last thing these fourms need is a bunch of "Hey I just tried this NEW app, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT....." threads.
    KermEd likes this.
    02-17-12 12:19 PM
    Just clarify, I didn't write that app. Why did I recomand? Because it took me too much time to search and find good apps with Chinese enviroment. Couple weeks ago, I thought I should get ride of my playbook since it seems less useness than Android or IOS. I believe there are tons of people have the same opinon in these fourms. If you look at the side load android app and this forums, you will easily see how many people request the convertion of Andriod Apps. I was one of them. Why? Lack of natvie apps makes the decent hardware indecent. Someone even suggested change playbook rom form QNX to Android. I didn't have any good experience using those Android apps in playbook. Yes, I highly recommend native PB APPs.
    Last edited by rain126; 02-17-12 at 01:56 PM.
    Newbytes likes this.
    02-17-12 01:23 PM
    Personally there are a of a lot more apps I would want to see before Chinese TV. In fact that would be the last on my list.
    02-17-12 01:44 PM
    There are 12 Channels. Hunan, Dragon, Beijing-2, travel, health, Jiangsu, Zejiang, Shandong, Education-1 are my favors.
    I only see 3 channels there , where are other channels ???
    Hunan, Star and Travel
    02-17-12 05:43 PM
    I just bought it, I only see three channels there, where are other channels ???
    02-17-12 05:45 PM
    swipe up the channel, the channel list will roll up, you will see more channels. There are 12 of them.

Pinch to zoom to fit your screen.
    Last edited by rain126; 02-17-12 at 07:16 PM.
    02-17-12 07:11 PM
    is there hong kong tvb channel?
    02-17-12 07:58 PM
    my mother would love this, i go buy her this right away and see how it is.
    02-17-12 08:00 PM
    I bought this program and I can not get anything except a half screen that looks like a chain link fence. I thought maybe it has to do with me being on original version of PB and maybe it will work once 2.0 is here. If it does not work then I will have wasted my money. So at the moment I would not recommend this app to anyone.
    02-17-12 08:07 PM
    This program is now working. I would like to see CCTV-9 added to this.
    02-19-12 08:13 PM
    Why does the skeptical person in me think this is a lame self advertisement for an app you created rain126?

I mean it's great that you wrote the app and all, but I sour at the fact if you're trying to advertise it this way.

Last thing these fourms need is a bunch of "Hey I just tried this NEW app, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT....." threads.
    Thanks, it looks like your suspicion is correct. There is clear evidence of forum abuse, and multiple users from the same computer. Some posts have been removed.

[warn]Crackberry has a strict no advertising policy, and that includes sneaky and deceptive tactics like astroturfing, sock puppets, and "invisible friends" (whether real or virtual) talking to each other as strangers to make a product appear more interesting.

Multiple Identities

Only one username or account is allowed per CrackBerry member. If you have forgotten your log in information, do not create a new account, please contact us. Users found with multiple accounts will be banned.[/warn]
    02-19-12 08:45 PM
    Wow... Not that surprising though. I've thought people were doing that for a while now
    02-19-12 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD