05-03-11 10:47 AM
    do want! i hope to see lots of free apps too.. as much as i like to support the developers.. there are sooo many free apps on the android market place and app store.. i hope app world will see a decent ratio of quality free apps vs paid apps
    05-03-11 10:52 AM
    It just gets better, I will wait for the native app.
    05-03-11 10:59 AM
    That App player looks nice. They said they took the binary and loaded not using the source.

What's the odds of someone coming up with a way of being able to load your own files and not having to go through App World....

I'm guessing the native PIM won't support EAS. I wonder if TouchDown for Android will be on the PB....
    05-03-11 11:01 AM
    That App player looks nice. They said they took the binary and loaded not using the source.

What's the odds of someone coming up with a way of being able to load your own files and not having to go through App World....

I'm guessing the native PIM won't support EAS. I wonder if TouchDown for Android will be on the PB....
    That is a good question, will the native PIM support EAS? I'm hoping that it does.
    05-03-11 11:11 AM

Touchdown would probably need a good few changes as the contacts portion hooks into the Android system contacts and I don't see a player being compatible with that.
    05-03-11 01:20 PM
    Just wishful thinking I guess
    05-03-11 01:57 PM
    Most of the code would be compatible if they did want to port it so its not as big a struggle as making a whole new EA client but its impossible to say for sure without seeing their actual code.

Given that there are already Java EA clients for regular BB phones I would assume that they are far more likely sources of an EA client than touchdown since these companies have already brought into the BB ecosystem and know that QNX is likely to be the future BB OS.
    05-03-11 03:53 PM
    I love the comments under from the android users. They see it as stealing their apps LOL. Linux apps work in windows or they make a version that does, open source.
    05-03-11 04:05 PM
    Android apps + native email make the PB a must buy for me. Will wait until those functionailites are launched to the masses before I buy. I don't want to be hitting "check for updates" every hour for the next 3 months... it's best for my sanity and relationship that I wait.
    05-03-11 04:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD