So I was looking at the new app world page and saw this:

http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/appworld/

Scroll to the bottom and look what is on the playbook screen.

I do not know whether or not anyone has seen this yet but I thought I would share it. Looks sweet
    Last edited by unome1233; 09-06-11 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Pic wasn't working
    09-06-11 09:20 AM
    That DOES look like native BBM on the PlayBook. Very cool. I'd be interested it if it has BBM Groups on it.
    09-06-11 09:32 AM
    wow. been to the app world page a couple of times and didnt realize that. good find. was it new?
    09-06-11 09:35 AM
    Interesting image for sure. Hopefully it is a sign of good things to come!
    09-06-11 09:37 AM
    Here is the pic for people that don't want to go look.

Attachment 92922
    09-06-11 09:41 AM
    Seems like great stuff to come... I just hope it's not like what they did with Skype: showing it off on the website as if there was gonna be a Skype app and then BAM! nothing
    09-06-11 09:49 AM
    I wouldn't hold my breath. They've also shown Skype, MSN, Kindle, etc. They seem to have no concern about misleading with non-existent apps on the website.

e.g., look at BlackBerry - PlayBook Tablet PC - The New RIM PlayBook - BlackBerry Pad they still show the MSN and Skype logos in the "More apps, More choice" section. (also Yahoo! Messenger, LinkedIn, ...)

They seem to have absolutely no "false advertising" suit fears.
    Rello likes this.
    09-06-11 10:27 AM
    yeah we got burned on Skype. I hope they come through on BBM. Maybe with video chat?????
    09-06-11 10:38 AM
    I know we got burned with Skype but those were just icons we saw or a demo app. At least with this it is actually in the App World as compared to just an icon or a demo. So really who knows but it looks promising.
    09-06-11 11:21 AM
    looks more promising than the skype icon from last year.
    09-06-11 11:32 AM
    Anyone notice that must be an updated App World client too?

See the magnifying glass under the screenshot?

Finally, we'll get properly sized screenshots!
    John.P likes this.
    09-06-11 11:39 AM
    Here's what I think the description says:

"Get into BBM and express yourself - your way. Take comfort knowing your friends are only message away whether you make plans for the night or ask a quick question. Stay in touch like never before."

"You can set notification options, such as vibrate, tone or neither for BBM in the sounds application. The BBM Message tone specifies how you are notified of incoming BBM messages"

"The BBM Alert tone specifies how you are notified when a contact that you have set an availability notification for becomes available"
    peter9477 likes this.
    09-06-11 11:47 AM
    jonty12 is completely right....im hoping this is real but RIM has shown these icons before to really hype up their product and we are still without them apps. it really was false advertising
    09-06-11 11:59 AM
    Here's what I think the description says:

"Get into BBM and express yourself - your way. Take comfort knowing your friends are only message away whether you make plans for the night or ask a quick question. Stay in touch like never before."

"You can set notification options, such as vibrate, tone or neither for BBM in the sounds application. The BBM Message tone specifies how you are notified of incoming BBM messages"

"The BBM Alert tone specifies how you are notified when a contact that you have set an availability notification for becomes available"
    Yes, that seems to be the BB description, not specific to the PB. I really don't think we'll have a vibrate alert on the PB.
    09-06-11 12:02 PM
    Also note that it has License Key next to it - giving the impression of a paid app of some sort ?!

Or they now generate License keys for free apps, or its some sort of beta key.

Raises more questions than it answers.
    kewlgreen likes this.
    09-06-11 12:11 PM
    And somehow it has ratings...
    09-06-11 12:58 PM
    Guys, I think we should look at this as a rendering and not read much more into it than that.
    unome12333 likes this.
    09-06-11 01:09 PM
    Also note that it has License Key next to it - giving the impression of a paid app of some sort ?!

Or they now generate License keys for free apps, or its some sort of beta key.
    Correct, it IS a beta key.

Guys, I think we should look at this as a rendering and not read much more into it than that.
    There are actually more apps in App World than the public knows about, but are only available for specified PINs for beta testing. The keycode in the screenshot is for that beta version of BBM.

And somehow it has ratings...
    It has ratings because that's what the beta testers rated it.
    Last edited by 312; 09-06-11 at 01:40 PM.
    09-06-11 01:38 PM
    Um its not showing it anymore from the main link. Did the image get pulled?
    09-06-11 02:25 PM
    Looks like it. I'm not getting it either.
    09-06-11 02:31 PM
    The original image appears to have been changed and is no longer showing the BBM screen shot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-11 02:31 PM
    Well i've just checked and its certainly not showing now, its rediculous realy, these things keep happening, its the second time i've seen a thread like this in the last couple of weeks !
    I'm fast beginning to think the playbook is turning into a joke. by the time RIM get appworld and the playbook in order, it will be an antique.
    I'm certainly getting fed up with mine. no way on earth is this the best tablet out by a long way !
    09-06-11 02:50 PM
    Well i've just checked and its certainly not showing now, its rediculous realy, these things keep happening, its the second time i've seen a thread like this in the last couple of weeks !
    I'm fast beginning to think the playbook is turning into a joke. by the time RIM get appworld and the playbook in order, it will be an antique.
    I'm certainly getting fed up with mine. no way on earth is this the best tablet out by a long way !
    I think they do that on purpose to generate hype. Then take it down... Whoops, we made a mistake. So sorry....Not!
    09-06-11 03:01 PM
    guys! remember RIM has mislead us before with pictures like this!
    09-06-11 03:04 PM
    It is still there.
    09-06-11 03:16 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD