It matters not how many apps are available in each format.
    You only need a few, some for your BB phone and some for your PB.
    So be it.
    04-03-12 07:42 PM
    The number of apps don't matter.

It's the quality of those apps that DO matter.

Everyday AppWorld is updated with apps that nobody downloads because they #1 serve no use or #2 are so bad they don't deserve a download. The ONLY apps the Playbook needs are the top players. The Netflix, Hulu bla bla bla.
    04-03-12 09:06 PM
    Number definitely matters. How many banks are there? Thousands easily, even though any one person only needs 1-3 bank apps because they have that many banks, the app store needs to have all of them to meet everyone's needs. That's not only the case with bank apps. App count definitely matters.
    04-04-12 12:36 AM
    All of them. I have a first Gen phone and I can run every app on the market place.

Older Windows Mobile (5, 6.5) devices most certainly cannot run Windows Phone 7 apps.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    04-04-12 12:52 AM
    Older Windows Mobile (5, 6.5) devices most certainly cannot run Windows Phone 7 apps.

Exactly. Why would a WINDOWS MOBILE device run Apps from the WINDOWS PHONE Market place? Windows Mobile and Windows Phone are 2 complete different and seperate operating systems. Duhhh..
    04-04-12 06:26 AM

WM apps aren't included in WP app numbers, whereas BBOS4,5,6,7 apps are all included together in App World numbers.
    04-04-12 10:18 AM
    dont care about numbers.

where are the popular apps people really want?

70,000 mediocre apps mean nothing.

just being honest
    04-04-12 12:15 PM
    Exactly. Why would a WINDOWS MOBILE device run Apps from the WINDOWS PHONE Market place? Windows Mobile and Windows Phone are 2 complete different and seperate operating systems. Duhhh..
    And so are BlackBerry 4, 5, 6, and 7.

Call it what you want. But there is no logic saying that Microsoft who has had smartphone OS'es for a long time before WP7 can break compatibility but RIM cannot.

In fact the *core* of Windows Phone 7 is actually Windows CE. Which, is also the core of the earlier Windows Mobile.

RIM has basically the same core as well among all its OS'es, until QNX. And with Windows 8, Microsoft is rumored to be dumping the Windows CE core and placing Win8 on the phones.

I see very little difference in this analogy other than in how the OS lineages are named by MS and RIM.
    Last edited by southlander; 04-04-12 at 01:22 PM.
    04-04-12 01:19 PM
    WM apps aren't included in WP app numbers, whereas BBOS4,5,6,7 apps are all included together in App World numbers.
    I am not arguing that. I am only saying that Microsoft like RIM, has *not* maintained compatibility across all its mobile device operating systems.

Yes, RIM has less apps for all of BB than MS has for just WP7. I agree.
    04-04-12 01:25 PM
    I am not arguing that. I am only saying that Microsoft like RIM, has *not* maintained compatibility across all its mobile device operating systems.

Which is exactly what I said. smdh
    04-04-12 02:18 PM

Kind of pointless to bring that up then, as including WM6.5 and earlier apps just means the number is over 100,000. The main point is App World isn't on par with the Windows Phone Marketplace any way you cut it. Yeah, this is a BB forum so bias is expected, but we're just trying to set that straight, and all the nitpicking that people (including you) are doing is making what should be a rather simple correction and clarification an arduous task.
    04-04-12 02:25 PM
    I am not sure how to read into the article.
    It says "BlackBerry App World" and is not BB product specific.
    Only a small percentage are written for the PB.

On a side note: The biggest app 'gain' in numbers came with the official BB PB release of the Android Player. I have been disappointed with side loaded Android apps since many were written for phones not tablets.
    Hi. May I know where and how I can get the official android player? I'm new to BB and PB.

Thanks.
    04-07-12 10:12 PM
    If it's apps you're looking for, then the PB is not an good option, PB has many great features, apps are Not one of them.
    04-08-12 01:31 AM
    Hi. May I know where and how I can get the official android player? I'm new to BB and PB.

Thanks.
    The player is built in your pb.
    04-08-12 07:41 AM
    There are may be even more but for Playbook there is not even 10% of it
    DudeJaat likes this.
    04-08-12 08:26 AM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD