Since very. 2.01 battery watch app won't work, her is tweet answer from deveolpers4bb S4BB Limited
    @rangerbc The problem lies within the update. Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do to efix it. I suggest contacting BlackBerry for this.
    Apr 18, 9:58 PM via HootSuite
    In reply to�

rangerbc Gary
    @S4BB my battery watch app for BB Playbook does not work since ver. 2.01 was loaded . forums indicate many others app also not working.
    04-19-12 12:24 AM
    use battery guru since everyone here relies on that and has good opinion of that app
    04-19-12 12:59 AM
    I agree,use battery guru. Great application and should the need arise great support too.
    peter9477 likes this.
    04-19-12 02:32 AM
    use battery guru since everyone here relies on that and has good opinion of that app
    Battery guru is a paid app. Some people might rely on the goodwill of the free apps purely because they don't have the means ie: credit card/paypal to buy paid apps, even though they wish they could. Your "suggestion" or rather, imperative, means nothing to those people.
    Dexsin likes this.
    04-19-12 04:09 AM
    Battery guru is a paid app. Some people might rely on the goodwill of the free apps purely because they don't have the means ie: credit card/paypal to buy paid apps, even though they wish they could. Your "suggestion" or rather, imperative, means nothing to those people.
    Well, I understand your point of view. But you cannot expect the same implication from someone who gave an app (to gain a free PB ? His answer is pretty laconic) than from a developer (Peter) that is assisting his loyal & paying customers. In brief : you got what you paid for ...

P.S : I was a former Battery Watch user ...
    wellard, peter9477 and jafobabe like this.
    04-19-12 04:44 AM
    Well, I understand your point of view. But you cannot expect the same implication from someone who gave an app (to gain a free PB ? His answer is pretty laconic) than from a developer (Peter) that is assisting his loyal & paying customers. In brief : you got what you paid for ...

P.S : I was a former Battery Watch user ...
    Sure, you get what you pay for, that goes for both the product and the support. In this case, a free product that worked, broke and now will be put on the back-burner for repair, if ever.

Peter's app from my observations - not experience, I'm one of "those" people without the capacity to buy, is vastly superior and extremely well supported. To boot, the guy is an avid and helpful poster on these forums. If I could, I would support him, but the now broken battery-watch app is what I was relegated to use for my battery monitoring purposes.
    peter9477 likes this.
    04-19-12 05:13 AM
    Scrapegoat - I think the OS downgrade option is best suited for you in this case.. remember reading the post, on how-to downgrade, earlier today. You will be able to run the battery app once again if that's truly your concern.

Besides, the PB OS itself provides battery usage information. Just the amount of info that's required by a consumer. Anything more than that and you're considered a technician which obviously is a business / service which will require you to purchase a paid app for full functionality.

I read a very simple statement somewhere - Don't worry too much about your battery because before you ruin your battery, you will change your device (that's almost 2 years). Just charge your battery everytime it's nearing 20-30% to full charge and repeat cycle..

If you wanna know how you are doing.. Use a clock and your basic memory.. after a week note your average observations.. after a month do the same.. after a year do the same.. and then after 2 years when you resell your device and claim it has good battery life.. cherish how this was achieved by wasting so much time..
    04-19-12 06:35 AM
    You're trying to say... it means nothing to you... I get that.. and I wasn't talking to you. And matter of fact is I'm not even interested in knowing if you can or cannot purchase an app from the App world.

Paid app..?? not interested..?? move on.. But don't talk for everyone.
    04-19-12 06:43 AM
    I just bought battery guru and I think battery watch app is better graphs are really better, but battery guru log the power in watts
    peter9477 likes this.
    04-19-12 06:50 AM
    loth, I ran Battery Watch only briefly, but I didn't have the impression the graphs were anything to write home about. What could I do with the graphs in Battery Guru that would improve your opinion of them?

(Planned improvements are to allow basic scrolling and zooming, allowing the ability to view data older than the last 10 hours. Also adding temperatures to the graph.)
    jafobabe, Harryl6134 and Chaddface like this.
    04-19-12 06:56 AM
    Peter9477 it's only because of your active support I recommend this app..

I have a question.. Do all payments towards the app have to be routed through app world?
    peter9477 likes this.
    04-19-12 02:59 PM
    The support is phenomenal, there is no question about that. A stupid question was answered recently via email in a timely manner. In addition the app just works, all the time. Thanks Peter.
    peter9477 likes this.
    04-19-12 03:23 PM
    Peter9477 it's only because of your active support I recommend this app..

I have a question.. Do all payments towards the app have to be routed through app world?
    Currently that's the only way. To be honest, I'm comfortable with the idea of RIM collecting their 30%, since I want to support the platform and help ensure their survival, for personal and business reasons. I consider the benefits of the infrastructure, their support, and other things, to be well worth the cost.

If the question is because people in some regions have difficulty arranging a payment method suitable for App World, I sympathize, but at least for now there are no other practical means at my disposal. If app sales were far greater (and maybe they will be in future once we get more apps out there and there are millions of users), and if RIM doesn't block off all possibilities for sideloading, then it could be feasible to set up an alternative mechanism.

I'm curious what the advantage would be, however... is it just because PayPal and credit cards aren't available in some cases? If so, what's the alternative? Chances are for any small vendor like ourselves it would be too great a burden to do any alternative payment mechanism.
    04-19-12 04:20 PM
    Thanks for the reply.. And great to know that you don't mind sharing your earnings with RIM since they are providing you with a great platform and good for RIM to be able to connect with developers as yourself and build a relation.

Yes, the question was for people who cannot use PayPal or Credit Card for payment.

Personally, I don't think any alternative method of payment should be introduced since PayPal has vastly broadened on it's services, which means that besides credit cards, saving accounts and debit cards are also supported.. Maybe not worldwide but definitely for the most part.

As for RIM, they are doing all they can and in many countries RIM is implementing 'Carrier payments' which is a great move and much required since it makes it very easy to purchase applications with 1 track payment.

Other than that, there are prepaid credit cards also available in some markets.

So on a whole, both PayPal and RIM are closely catering to the global markets. So any more convenience provided in this segment would just be as good as 'spoon feeding' the customer.

IMPO the customer's need to be more active on this scenario.

As for alternate method of payment, Western Union could be a good source. Scan receipt and e-mail and then developer could reply with a registration key to convert trial license to full.. The only problem is that there would be no guarantees on the payment and many 'hoax' developers could launch applications and make some fraud money. And then you can't knock on RIM door..
    04-19-12 11:35 PM
    As for alternate method of payment, Western Union could be a good source. Scan receipt and e-mail and then developer could reply with a registration key to convert trial license to full.. The only problem is that there would be no guarantees on the payment and many 'hoax' developers could launch applications and make some fraud money. And then you can't knock on RIM door..
    The other problem with that is the "cost" to the vendor. When you're selling something at a dollar a pop, any personal attention needed on a per-sale basis kills the deal.

It would have to be a one-time setup and registration, then no more than periodic logins to arrange a transfer of funds, or an automatically mailed paper cheque/check once every so often. Anything more than that and it's not going to be worth it, for what would amount to probably $100 per year or less.
    04-20-12 07:57 AM
    My only problem with battery guru, its hard to tell what each line on the graph represents. My suggestion would be to change the line colors to red for discharge and green for recharge.

Also I had a small "burn in"(could see a faint 33%, or what looked like 33%, could have been 00%?) problem as I left the app running full screen while I was trying to deplete the battery to recalibrate the app. After a few days the "burn in" disappeared.
    peter9477 and Harryl6134 like this.
    04-20-12 08:07 AM
    This all seems to have drifted off the topic of battery monitor hasn't it?
    04-21-12 11:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD