I�ve been monitoring my power consumption / battery life using Battery Guru.

If I turn wifi and Bluetooth off, my standby consumption is around .05 W. If I leave wifi on it is .25 W, so I conclude that wifi consumes .2 W.

When my PB is active, with a few apps running, consumption is around 2.4 � 3 Watts. My battery drains around 10-15% per hour.

Are these figures typical? How do they compare with other PB owners?
    10-08-11 06:08 PM
    My numbers are similar to yours.

If you are interested in what other forum members have to say there were several threads on the subject over the past few weeks. Search for "Battery Guru". Also the app's author is very active here and you can find many gems of wisdom from the man himself.
    10-08-11 07:10 PM
    I have been in contact with the Battery Guru developer and he was very helpful. Great app!
    peter9477 likes this.
    10-09-11 01:52 PM
    I have been in contact with the Battery Guru developer and he was very helpful. Great app!
    This great app deserves a higher ranking in the Utilities category. The above comment would make a good review, no?
    peter9477 likes this.
    10-09-11 06:37 PM
    can you tell me your consumptions with only the browser and this page opened? mine reads 3w and im not even running any other apps
    10-13-11 02:28 AM
    with this page open, mine stands at 2.10w
    10-13-11 04:01 AM
    Your high wattage is almost certainly due to your backlight setting. Turn automatic dimming off, and then turn the brightness down as low as you can and stil use the screen. Wait for Guru to update and your power should drop. You might also check your App behavior, make sure it isn't set to showcase
    koolkid15 likes this.
    10-13-11 07:13 AM
    Thanks for the reply,
    my backlight setting was a bit lower than half and my app behavior was already set at default. Wattage still seems high
    10-14-11 01:41 AM
    can you tell me your consumptions with only the browser and this page opened? mine reads 3w and im not even running any other apps
    That is a bit high, I think, but there are other factors to consider. Backlight is the main place to start, as noted, but remember that there's a light sensor and the brightness will be cranked up with no clear indication if you're in bright light (e.g. sunlight).

There also seems to be some bug with GPS and maybe some other service, where consumption can increase by about 0.3W even in standby after it's been used for a while... intermittent problem. To eliminate that possibility, restart the tablet and do the measurements after the reboot, before running any map/GPS/location-aware apps.

Also turn off BT/bridge to remove that factor.

I'm between 2.3W and 2.4W under similar conditions, and that's typical.
    koolkid15 likes this.
    10-14-11 07:40 AM
    alright thanks for the advice I will try them
    may I know your backlight level when you get around 2.3w and 2.4w?
    10-16-11 12:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD