The game lags (Bards starts to run slowly) when there is a lot of water on screen: seems that water shader is power hungry.
    09-15-12 06:25 AM
    The game lags (Bards starts to run slowly) when there is a lot of water on screen: seems that water shader is power hungry.
    I'd noticed that too, especially outside Finstown, when you walk along the northern cliff.
    09-15-12 09:02 AM
    I've been hesitating to get it, because it requires SO much space on the PB. It takes up 3.5 GBs of space!
    Quit being so cheap, go buy a new PB with more memory (CHEAP RIGHT NOW).

The humor in game is amazing, love it......
    09-15-12 09:30 AM
    Which are the two creatures you summon most frequently?
    09-15-12 09:32 AM
    Seems like they have a couple slow down issues with game but overall an awesome time. I put two hours into it since Thursday and expect another 5 during the weekend
    09-15-12 10:50 AM
    I've been playing in the stall times at work lol Don't tell my boss

I've summoned mostly the bow elf, but now that i got the fairy. don't know if i'll use it some more. I also like the healing lady!

Have you guys freed the prisioner to fight that elf?

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    09-15-12 10:54 AM
    ah, and i can't wait till i get home and play this on my tv

New experience on the way

09-15-12 10:58 AM
    Which are the two creatures you summon most frequently?
    If I'm summoning 2, I'll usually opt for the body guard and healer if I'm dealing with large groups. Against single hard targets, the healer and archer. The archer's machine gun rate knock back is great for stopping them from blocking me. Once I got the 3 song lute from Finstown, I stick to healer, body guard and back stabbing rogue.

Edit: When a trap is clearly visible, and it blocks your path entirely, and the only way to get by is by activating the trap on yourself, it's not a trap. It's a hang over.
    Last edited by KidCaboose; 09-15-12 at 01:38 PM.
    09-15-12 12:55 PM
    Where do you get the 2nd(and the 3rd) flute?

09-15-12 03:07 PM
    I should mention that stores become few and far between after a while, so if there is a particular item you want, you might want to save up and get it before you advance to the second world map.
    I have returned to doing the main story, and now I have 21,000 silver and no where to spend it. I see a shopping spree in my future

If you spend some time looking in the corners of the maps great items can usually be found in the stumps. When you find a better set of armour or weapon, it automatically cashed the old one in for silver, which is nice.
    Last edited by Dr.Deebs; 09-15-12 at 07:33 PM.
    09-15-12 07:16 PM
    Where do you get the 2nd(and the 3rd) flute?

After the Park, once you kill Fnarf. Wish I had checked this thread then. But using a bow worked, and the dog kept the summoned grows busy for a shot or two.
    09-15-12 07:36 PM
    After the Park, once you kill Fnarf. Wish I had checked this thread then. But using a bow worked, and the dog kept the summoned grows busy for a shot or two.
    The lute I got from Fnarf auto-sold. I'm thinking Finstown is more end game, because the lute and armour I got from there haven't been matched yet.

My strategy for him was to summon my main three, body-guard, healer and rogue, along with the dog trained to attack. I stood in the stream, dead center, and he teleported to three spots around me. I used the flame bow I found on the previous Chosen, rotating to hit him before he could summon.

As for other locations, the map from the the smithy in Houton unlocks a pretty difficult place. The traps there do upwards of 70 points damage, and it's mostly under a no-summoning spell.

The first map from the little wandering world map Trow is an easy dungeon, with small bands of trow, and basic floor spike traps that do 5 points damage. I'm not sure if armour reduces trap damage. I haven't purchased his other three maps yet.
    Dr.Deebs likes this.
    09-15-12 08:08 PM
    The lute and armour from Finstown are unmatched for a major long time. It is really hard to beat early in the game, but it sets the Bard up really nicely. Use the light fairy to beat Finstown - it can't be killed easily, The enemies swarm it allowing you to pot shot them with the bow, and it blinds all the enemies periodically. Very useful!
    Last edited by Dr.Deebs; 09-15-12 at 11:12 PM.
    KidCaboose likes this.
    09-15-12 10:55 PM
    Just cleared the 1st tower.

If I got it right, all items autosell. If it is the 1st copy you get, you keep the item, but you still get coin (and by the way... There is an awful lack of cleavage. The trailer is deceiving! ).

You guys can summon three? I only managed to summon two after Fnarf's lute...
    09-16-12 09:19 AM
    Just cleared the 1st tower.

If I got it right, all items autosell. If it is the 1st copy you get, you keep the item, but you still get coin (and by the way... There is an awful lack of cleavage. The trailer is deceiving! ).

You guys can summon three? I only managed to summon two after Fnarf's lute...
    The lute that summons three is from beating Finstown. It's a side quest, but pretty tough. If you have the patience to beat it, you get a great suit of leather armour, the lute, and maybe some other minor items and/or tokens.

My summon combination now is the healer (don't like the sporadic healing of the gouger, despite it's beefiness), the light bug (I don't have to worry about it as much as the body guard, despite it doing no damage), and the rogue (she does nice damage, and doesn't seem to get killed as easily as the crossbow lady, plus she's hot).

As a dual-wielder, I have most of my points split between strength and whatever the music skill is called. And I have a few points in vitality. I use the parry attack abusively, as it can block multiple hits at the same time, regardless the direction you're facing, and can knock enemies off their feet. I provide damage and knock down support to my summoned rogue, as the enemies swarm my light bug. The light bug's blinding attack seems to out-aggro my healer's healing, so she's usually out of the way and safe.
    09-16-12 10:44 AM
    ^ you also get the granite flail from Silkbeards treasure chests (and a lot of silver). It is pretty sweet - cant be blocked and stuns enemies.

I used the healer, mercenary and rouge for a long time. I summoned the light fairy quite often as well. I built up my rhythm skill quite a bit too.
    09-16-12 11:38 AM
    I finally got to spend all my silver in Stromness, only to find out in the next chapter that you get a high level shield that heals you over time, and a high level bow. So don't do what I did and buy those items. I also found an amazing piece of armour in Stromness in a stump! (6-10)

So far the only levels I have not enjoyed were the forest towers. Other than that the game has been amazing!
    09-16-12 11:43 AM
    I miss comedy. Right now it feels like D&D...
    09-16-12 12:10 PM
    My journey against Fnarf is somewhat cursed...

After my PB crashing for the first time ever, and after a lot of losses trying to kill that bast... when i was keeping myself alive for some time the PB decided to turn off itself... nice...

But damn, how do i get to hit this guy? With the bow?

Even with the flying rat and lightbug i can't seem to hit that guy!

Mad!

09-16-12 12:23 PM
    Eh, arrowed the out of that elf!

At what level(or chapter) did you attempt to go at Finstown? Those guys are hard kill :s Gonna do the tower chapter first to gain some more stats...

09-16-12 02:13 PM
    Eh, arrowed the out of that elf!

At what level(or chapter) did you attempt to go at Finstown? Those guys are hard kill :s Gonna do the tower chapter first to gain some more stats...
    I ran Finstown as soon as it unlocked on my map, after buying the two-song lute, and finding a bow somewhere, I think, and teaching my dog to fight. I started it at level 5, using the body guard and healer, using an attack and flee strategy, saving the game after each kill. Took a lot of time and patience.

Edit: Anyone know if the world eventually expands? I just bought the second map from that wandering Trow, a cairn location, but it didn't open anything new on the world map. Maybe it's accessible only through a currently unlocked location, like that first bugbear dungeon in Houton?
    Last edited by KidCaboose; 09-16-12 at 03:06 PM.
    09-16-12 02:43 PM
    ^ I think the second map started after the mountain towers or mountain pass. After that you can't go back to the first map for quite a while.
    KidCaboose likes this.
    09-16-12 03:12 PM
    Caboose, do you need to teach the dog to attack? He seems to attack on his own...

09-16-12 04:48 PM
    Caboose, do you need to teach the dog to attack? He seems to attack on his own...

Mine only started attacking after I chose the dog train skill at level 5. Maybe you chose it too, without realising. I think he gets a spiked collar once you've chosen the skill.
    diegonei likes this.
    09-16-12 08:44 PM
    ^ I think the second map started after the mountain towers or mountain pass. After that you can't go back to the first map for quite a while.
    I'm gonna save up and buy all the maps before I do the three towers. Coz I'm gangsta.
    Dr.Deebs likes this.
    09-16-12 08:46 PM
223 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD