I used to play the original Bard's Tale on my Apple II.
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    09-14-12 10:15 AM
    On a final note for now, the game has an interesting world map roaming feature. Leave Houton to the North, and you get part of the world map. You can wander around slowly, and there are enemies wandering around too. If you touch one, or one touches you, you're brought to a small environment, where you'll have to dispatch a certain number of them before you can return to the world map to continue wandering (between 1-8 from what I've seen so far).

Maps can be bought, which I assume make locations appear on the world map that you'll be able to enter, like Houton. Below are some screen shots. 1) The start menu. 2) Houton, outside the tavern where I found the dog by the well, and an auto-save point at the bottom right, with the map fully open. 3) The world map. 4) The fight environment when you touch an enemy in the World map, showing the amount of enemies you have to kill before you can return the world map.
    Last edited by KidCaboose; 09-14-12 at 11:17 AM.
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    09-14-12 11:11 AM
    After erasing the tv show i have 5.4 gigs available, so space isnt the problem.

Its that damned error 007!

So you're on .668? That's all i wanted to ear

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    Maybe it's this issue.

KB26671-"Install Error: There was a problem during installation. Please try again." is encountered when attempting to download an application from BlackBerry App World on the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet
    09-14-12 11:48 AM
    Tks, but i think i'll go Skirmish - Try till it works!

Worked with most of the users lol

09-14-12 12:28 PM
    This game keeps getting better as you go along.
    I went to finstown too early though and it took me a long time to defeat the Vikings. I think playing the main story a little longer would have been better. On the plus side there is an absolute CRAP-LOAD of loot there. I got sweet chain mail(5-8), a lute with three slots(finn's lute), a granite flail, and a tonne of cash.
    Once you can conjure up the healer it gets much easier to manage the Bard.
    Last edited by Dr.Deebs; 09-14-12 at 01:55 PM.
    KidCaboose likes this.
    09-14-12 01:53 PM
    This game keeps getting better as you go along.
    I went to finstown too early though and it took me a long time to defeat the Vikings. I think playing the main story a little longer would have been better. On the plus side there is an absolute CRAP-LOAD of loot there. I got sweet chain mail(5-8), a lute with three slots(finn's lute), a granite flail, and a tonne of cash.
    Once you can conjure up the healer it gets much easier to manage the Bard.
    Hehehe! That's what I do, everything first, then the main quest. I'm going to Finstown! Who's comin'? I want my phat l3wts.
    Dr.Deebs likes this.
    09-14-12 02:02 PM
    What is the use of the World Map? Only for earning loot it seems!

On a final note for now, the game has an interesting world map roaming feature. Leave Houton to the North, and you get part of the world map. You can wander around slowly, and there are enemies wandering around too. If you touch one, or one touches you, you're brought to a small environment, where you'll have to dispatch a certain number of them before you can return to the world map to continue wandering (between 1-8 from what I've seen so far).

Maps can be bought, which I assume make locations appear on the world map that you'll be able to enter, like Houton. Below are some screen shots. 1) The start menu. 2) Houton, outside the tavern where I found the dog by the well, and an auto-save point at the bottom right, with the map fully open. 3) The world map. 4) The fight environment when you touch an enemy in the World map, showing the amount of enemies you have to kill before you can return the world map.
    09-14-12 02:30 PM
    The World Map opens up new towns and regions as you play the main story line.
    sidbaby9211 likes this.
    09-14-12 02:44 PM
    Finally instaling xD

9th is time!

And with none speciall tricks... Just plain old restart and a lot of prayers from you guys...

Currently at 17%

sidbaby9211 and Dr.Deebs like this.
    09-14-12 03:14 PM
    Good good game!

I found myself intrigued why the Broad Sword was auto-equiped, i'll let myself learn as the game goes

09-14-12 04:07 PM
    As Dr.Deebs mentioned, locations appear on your World Map as you progress through the story. I'm assuming those pricey maps you can buy open up more locations too. In the screenshot below, you can see Houton, and two other accessible locations that have appeared.
    sidbaby9211 likes this.
    09-14-12 04:44 PM
    It's bad luck being you.

I am so gonna enjoy this game...

Last edited by diegonei; 09-14-12 at 05:31 PM.
    09-14-12 05:13 PM
    It's bad luck being you.

I am so gonna enjoy this game...

Got it running

09-14-12 05:27 PM
    Two questions:

1 - So i chose the Bards as Two sword man. How do i get/equip the dirk?

2 - Can the 2 yelded sword Bard use a bow?

09-14-12 05:28 PM
    Come on now Pedro... Can you use a sword and a bow at the same time? No. Can you learn to use both? Yes.

I will stay clear of bows for the moment, my female elf companion is good with that.
    russnash likes this.
    09-14-12 05:34 PM
    Already upto Chapter IV: Highland Park

"It's bad luck being you" This song is really awesome and the enemies are growing in number and strength

I always find choosing the rude option gives better results
    09-14-12 05:34 PM
    I'll be rude more often then. Been playing Mr. Nice Bard so far...

Trolls are killing me right before the treehouse right now though... :/

Btw, is it me, or is there some lag to the game? Most of the time I feel like it's in slow motion. It gets better fps when there are no trees around.

EDIT: And then I changed to dual weapons and they died like a bunch of asthmatic flies. O.o

Last edited by diegonei; 09-14-12 at 05:57 PM.
    09-14-12 05:45 PM
    Diego, have you ever played Earth and Legend? You have a Bow icon next to sword icon You use the one you want.

I was asking if its possible to chose a bow as the main weapon, regardless of the swords

Can't wait to get my dirk and swing two weapons

Ps: Put a spoiler alert on this threads title

09-14-12 05:54 PM
    Pedro, check the options you have for weapons. I know for a fact I didn't buy a dirk (though I may have found one). And yeah, once you have a bow, it should show as an option, just like dual on the image above.
    Last edited by diegonei; 09-14-12 at 06:13 PM.
    PedroBorgas likes this.
    09-14-12 06:00 PM
    Dogtraining talent is good.

Dog nips for damage and you can bow and arrow the mobs to death.
    blackberry_surfer likes this.
    09-14-12 07:41 PM
    Some weapons require training. You get a skill every 2 levels. To have your dog attack, use a flail, use two weapons, or use a two-handed weapon, you need the appropriate skill. You can use a bow and shield off the bat. Bows don't require ammunition. I haven't used my shield yet, but I assume it blocks projectiles (whereas blocking with a weapon doesn't).

Just finished Finstown... Wow was that hard. I had to inch through from start to finish. I'm not even going to bother getting into my strategy, other than saying go in there with the the lute that can summon two creatures, and summon mainly the bodyguard and healer. Save as much as possible. Bring a bow (regardless your chosen weapon skill). Abuse the off-screen enemy and ally bug. Phat l3wt is mine!!!

Below are screen shots of what buying a map does, and a corner I pinned the Finstown final boss in, with the help of the crossbow lady, my bard on two weapons.
    Dr.Deebs likes this.
    09-15-12 02:06 AM
    How to Kill that Fnarf? He always disappears when I have a swing at him
    09-15-12 02:44 AM
    Diego, yesterday(when i last played the game) only the bottom sword(one sword) appeared.

I have like 800 silver, so maybe ill buy a dirk if i can!

In everyone these kinda of games, i always try to go as a 2-sworded char, since i�m in the "skirmish business" ^^

Also gonna buy the bow!(Earth and Legend taught me that ^^)
    09-15-12 03:17 AM
    Found the method, this kills Fnarf in less than a minute!

"I had trouble beating Fnarf in Highland Park until I summoned the
    light fairy. It distracts the 2 Trow that Fnarf summons, and since
    its armor is 4-20, it never gets hurt or dies. So with him around,
    you can attack Fnarf all you want without his friends getting in your
    face or killing your party members."
    Else

"Use the vorpal rat, it will pretty much fly at Fnarf. Fnarf will have a
    hard time summoning anything, and the rat can do some serious
    damage. Also use your bow to go after Fnarf, and leave whatever does get
    summoned to your favourite other character (I used the Thunder Spider). This
    got me one dead Fnarf in under 30 seconds."
    diegonei and Akuji_ism like this.
    09-15-12 03:35 AM
    Eh, bought a dirk, a bow and found a shield

And i'm glad to say that 30 min play with sound only killed 3% batt.(Earth and Legend without sound killed like 1% per minute :O)

09-15-12 05:45 AM
223 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD