Hey, I'm David! New to the forum, but I've been reading various topic and this hasn't been brought up yet. I recently found the DGEN and VBA-M emulator ports and was psyched to sideload them. When I did use PB-Installer, I would open DGEN and it would say "No roms found!" even when I correctly made the folders and added .BIN files. I've reinstalled the different OS versions of the emulator using DDPB installer after restarting my PlayBook, but it didn't work. VBA-M won't even open.

Also, before upgrading to OS 2, I had snes9x working just fine. I restored my PlayBook a while back and it was deleted. I tried to reinstall it today, but like VBA-M, it wouldn't open. When it did work when it first came out earlier this year, an emulator folder was created in the "misc" folder. Today, all three emulators do not have folders. It's so frustrating!

Is anyone else experiencing these problems? Is it a problem with sideloading .BAR files with OS 2.0.1.358? I'm thinking this just might be a problem with the emulators I'm downloading which seem to be working fine for others. Froggyface, help!!!
    07-08-12 09:47 PM
    Hey, I'm David! New to the forum, but I've been reading various topic and this hasn't been brought up yet. I recently found the DGEN and VBA-M emulator ports and was psyched to sideload them. When I did use PB-Installer, I would open DGEN and it would say "No roms found!" even when I correctly made the folders and added .BIN files. I've reinstalled the different OS versions of the emulator using DDPB installer after restarting my PlayBook, but it didn't work. VBA-M won't even open.

Also, before upgrading to OS 2, I had snes9x working just fine. I restored my PlayBook a while back and it was deleted. I tried to reinstall it today, but like VBA-M, it wouldn't open. When it did work when it first came out earlier this year, an emulator folder was created in the "misc" folder. Today, all three emulators do not have folders. It's so frustrating!

Is anyone else experiencing these problems? Is it a problem with sideloading .BAR files with OS 2.0.1.358? I'm thinking this just might be a problem with the emulators I'm downloading which seem to be working fine for others. Froggyface, help!!!
    Hey, David. Go to Settings, and find Permissions (I believe it is under Security), and make sure each app has permissions enabled for files and folders.
    07-09-12 02:23 AM
    Thanks! That actually worked! I usually disallow permission because the wording seems like the developer is spying on me... haha. DGEN and snex9x work fine, but VBA-M doesn't still doesn't open. I haven't downloaded any roms, but it should open alone right?
    07-09-12 05:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD