I have been enjoying Overdrive on both my Playbook and my 9900. But for longer books, I don't have the time to listen to them before the period runs out, and I guess I'm Boy Scout enough to abide by the terms and delete it when the time is up. So I wanted to go back to audible.com and buy a longer book. I can get audible.com to work on my 9900 by installing their software for the 9800, but its a terrible app. Tiny fonts, spotty playback and always getting fouled up whenever a telephone call comes in. I keep hoping audible.com will upgrade its software. Its either owned or affilated with Amazon. I was hoping that audible would have developed and released an Android tablet version of their app, but I haven't seen it in any of the sideload lists. Is there anyway to get this done? Or some workaround to play audible files through the Playbook media player?
    03-08-12 12:40 PM
    I contacted Audible "customer service" dept and didnt even get the courtesy of a reply...
    03-09-12 04:05 AM
    The audible.com player is so poor that its never made sense to me. I certainly would buy more audio books if it were easier to play them and if they didn't skip, etc. I can't see why its so hard to develop an mp3 player.
    03-09-12 07:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD