Can i run any window program in Playbook? If can, what else program that i need? Pls shared for info. Thanks.
    10-08-12 08:30 PM
    What do you mean?

Microsoft Word or Internet Explorer (only Windows programs that came to mind) will not work.

They need to be a PlayBook designed app or an Android app converted to a .bar and sideloaded.
    10-08-12 09:20 PM
    No...................
    10-08-12 09:29 PM
    You need to use grammar a grammar check of some kind. What's the question?
    10-08-12 09:44 PM
    Can i run any window program in Playbook? If can, what else program that i need? Pls shared for info. Thanks.
    The simplistic answer is no you cant use windows program files on a playbook as it uses a different file library.It would require some form of emulator to make the program think it were running under a windows enviroment.
    10-09-12 04:43 PM
    How about the Playbook apps "Citrix"?
    10-09-12 06:58 PM
    I wonder What do you mean?

brautundabendkleider.com

10-09-12 08:30 PM
    dosxbox or whatever its called can run win 3.1 i though i seen somewhere.
    10-09-12 09:47 PM
    dosxbox or whatever its called can run win 3.1 i though i seen somewhere.
    I think dos box can run DOS programs. DOS predates Windows 3.1
    10-09-12 10:49 PM
    How about the Playbook apps "Citrix"?
    I think it's used for remote connections, and then you run the win apps on a server elsewhere. At least that's the way we use it in my factory. I installed Citrix on my PB but never was able to have it work this way, apparently because the server side doesn't want to use Playbooks as end-machines
    10-10-12 09:14 AM
    I think dos box can run DOS programs. DOS predates Windows 3.1
    However the original versions of windows are based on DOS. Because of this I have managed to get Windows 3.11 working in DOSBOX, and I have even managed to install applications in it! The only problem is that I haven't found out how to install share.exe (anyone remember that struggle from back when it was new? ), so Office is fairly useless because you can't open, create, or save files. Theoretically Windows 95 and 98 could also run in DOSBOX, but neither I nor (as far as I know) anyone else has managed to make them work. My main problem with 98 is that it does a system check before installing, but it can't detect anything it recognizes, so it's confused when it can't find a hard drive or processor or RAM . If there's interest I could post a walkthrough of how to install Windows 3.11, but you still wouldn't be able to run any modern Windows applications, and I'd "assume" that everybody has their own installation disks lying around (or in other words, I won't supply a download link to them because that would be illegal)
    Last edited by Jean-luc_Picard; 10-10-12 at 09:24 AM. Reason: add in quote I was referencing
    10-10-12 09:22 AM
    What can I do with Citrix?
    10-19-12 07:11 AM
    You can install Windows 98SE through DOSBox. You can run a few Win98 apps on there and it works OK.
    That DOSBox isn't very optimised though.
    10-19-12 07:46 AM
    However the original versions of windows are based on DOS. Because of this I have managed to get Windows 3.11 working in DOSBOX, and I have even managed to install applications in it! The only problem is that I haven't found out how to install share.exe (anyone remember that struggle from back when it was new? ), so Office is fairly useless because you can't open, create, or save files. Theoretically Windows 95 and 98 could also run in DOSBOX, but neither I nor (as far as I know) anyone else has managed to make them work. My main problem with 98 is that it does a system check before installing, but it can't detect anything it recognizes, so it's confused when it can't find a hard drive or processor or RAM . If there's interest I could post a walkthrough of how to install Windows 3.11, but you still wouldn't be able to run any modern Windows applications, and I'd "assume" that everybody has their own installation disks lying around (or in other words, I won't supply a download link to them because that would be illegal)
    I'm very surprised you are saying that. The first things I managed to install were 95 and 98 but could not figure out 3.11. Finally figured it out but less useful than 95. Later on I can post a tutorial on how to run it but one important thing is that you have to save it in misc, as you know and under dosbox.

Basically, after you go through the setup, you do something, can't remember at the moment, and then click and open. Sadly, it is really slow and freezes a lot.
    11-06-12 08:19 PM
    What can I do with Citrix?
    there are two ways basically to do this at any platform. Either on an emulater, which makes an application believe that it is running in targeted OS. Or doing remote desktop.

the dos box mentioned here is an emulator. And the citrix falls in second category. Now I believe you are not really interested in running windows 3.1 apps. So the andwer will be, no. PB can not run it, but you can run it on a home machine and do remote desktop on it. you do not need citrix(its for enterprises) for it. There were some RDP apps in AppWorld. I have not used any of them so can not say which one is better.
    11-06-12 09:21 PM