Sorry about the rant in advance, but...

Just checked out Appworld and noticed a 'Celebrate Easter with quality apps and games' button. So I pressed it thinking 'hmmm, maybe there will be an Easter edition of E-mmanuel, or some Christian themed apps amidst all of those Bunny and egg games.'

What do I find? Bunny and Egg games. That's it!

Highly offended Appworld, highly offended.

Commence my destruction Crackberrians.
    04-08-12 04:05 PM
    its app world, nuff said
    04-08-12 04:25 PM
    If RIM did that, they'd probably need to do other holidays too. And while I wouldn't be offended by probably weekly random religious holiday collections, I'd rather have App World just be religiously neutral
    Laura Knotek, Chrisy and hpjrt like this.
    04-08-12 04:34 PM
    If RIM did that, they'd probably need to do other holidays too. And while I wouldn't be offended by probably weekly random religious holiday collections, I'd rather have App World just be religiously neutral
    This is a darn good idea. But bunnies, eggs and miscellaneous fertility symbols are more in keeping with Easter's original (religious) meaning. RIM should be more careful not to offend anyone (or not).

Ēostre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    04-08-12 04:43 PM
    I guess the point is that they did it, and while I take Buzz's point about the adjoining 'original being academically moot' meaning behind Easter, the reason it's a holiday in the western world (not just a series of harvest style feast days) is the Christian influence over the formation of the west.

I did say I expected the Bunny and Egg games...not offended by their inclusion, it's the exclusion which got me a little offended.
    04-08-12 05:00 PM
    Really..... Come on guys, its app world. Its this sort of crap and opinions from those across the atlantic that causes much of the worlds woes today. You are offended by app world? it should remain neutral?

Get a grip guys
    04-08-12 05:06 PM
    I guess the point is that they did it, and while I take Buzz's point about the adjoining 'original being academically moot' meaning behind Easter, the reason it's a holiday in the western world (not just a series of harvest style feast days) is the Christian influence over the formation of the west.

I did say I expected the Bunny and Egg games...not offended by their inclusion, it's the exclusion which got me a little offended.
    I agree with SCrid2000. If all religious holidays are included in specific categories, then that could really clutter up AppWorld. There are a lot of religions beside Christianity, Judaism and Islam.
    04-08-12 05:07 PM
    As a Christian, I'd say I can understand why RIM wouldn't want to involve religious elements in such a promo, but in that case I think they just shouldn't have had any sort of easter promo at all, rather than this.
    Chaplain_Clancy and 530XI like this.
    04-08-12 05:36 PM
    I think that I will PASSOVER these offerings!
    joski and Chrisy like this.
    04-08-12 05:58 PM
    People find the weirdest things to about when it comes to blackberry lately.
    Chrisy likes this.
    04-08-12 06:30 PM
    As a Christian, I'd say I can understand why RIM wouldn't want to involve religious elements in such a promo, but in that case I think they just shouldn't have had any sort of easter promo at all, rather than this.

Why shouldn't they it's within the celebration of "seasonal" subjects I guess you can say. Look at angry birds seasons ( Easter, valentines, Christmas) all themes from a Christian background. We live in the west remember and just like every other vendor they try to capitalize on it. It's all business. With Christmas being the biggest one.
    04-09-12 10:56 AM
    Why shouldn't they it's within the celebration of "seasonal" subjects I guess you can say. Look at angry birds seasons ( Easter, valentines, Christmas) all themes from a Christian background. We live in the west remember and just like every other vendor they try to capitalize on it. It's all business. With Christmas being the biggest one.
    In my opinion, if they're going to celebrate a Christian holiday, they should do it in a Christian way. I haven't had a playbook for very long, so I don't know if this is the case or not, but I would hazard a guess they don't have frivolous apps listed in some sort of special celebration for Muslim holidays etc.
    04-09-12 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD