Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Which apps will really *synchronize* a PB folder with a remote ftp or webdav server?

I can see lots of file explorers, ftp clients etc. that announce "sync" when they at best do it one way only.
    Within this crowd, i may have missed what I am searching now: a way to sync two ways, like, in two places the most recent version of a file replaces the older one, if possible with some strategy to handle conflict cases (like two files both having been changed).
    In the PC/mac world this kind of stuff is not simple, and you find apps that address it seriously, some specific to a given connection (e. g. ftp), some even dedicated to syncing.

Is there such an app for the PB?
    I'd accept even a "minimalist" way of doing (not addressing conflicts), even via a single connection (ftp, webdav...) but I do need something automatic. 'take it and move it' is not enough...

TIA!
    Hervé
    CrackBerry Addict

Probably not the method you are looking for, but I just use a program on my PC called Second Copy to sync my Playbook at night over Wifi file sharing. That way I always have an up to date copy of my Playbook contents.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Experience with Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Palm OS, Android, BlackBerry OS, QNX, BB10, WinMo and a variety of other devices.
    * Long time reseller of MDaemon® Messaging Server, BlackBerry® Edition
    Over 25 years of technology experience.
    Background in Avionics, self-taught on computers since the days of MS-DOS 2.0.
    Thanked by:
    Herve5 (11-15-2012) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by jhanks64 View Post
    Probably not the method you are looking for, but I just use a program on my PC called Second Copy to sync my Playbook at night over Wifi file sharing. That way I always have an up to date copy of my Playbook contents.
    Eh, that's a good idea anyway, and one I didn't have --I definitely overlooked wifi sharing here, which helps shifting the sync burden to pcs and macs where it is a very mature domain. Thank you!