I am looking to buy a PB on the 26th from Sprint, but I am trying to get a head start as to what I can do with it at school. I am a junior is college and I want to use the play book to make my life easier. I already use my 9810 as far as deadlines and appointments and such, but I want to be able to use the playbook within the classroom.

Are their any apps that allow you to write on the playbook screen to take notes? Even any other sort of apps to help with note taking.

How are you using the PB in the classroom to benefit you?
    12-24-11 11:21 AM
    BRIDGE

I use bridge calender a lot. Memo pad is good for short notes. The task list is good for assignments. Other than that, in the classroom I can use the playbook to replace the crappy school laptops for research. The browser is very good and I can keep up with others on their laptops. As for typing things like long notes or essays, I don't think any tablet would work very well.
    12-24-11 12:04 PM
    tablet form isnt the best for note taking, and in the playbooks case its probably the Worst for notetaking because it currently has no autocorrect keyboard.

i know you said scheduling and such are done with your bb, but while i was in university i used istudiez pro (iStudiez Pro for your Mac, iPhone, iPad). easily the best app i've ever used that helped me immensely on my iphone/ipad/mac.

you dont want to know how long it took to type this on the playbook
    12-24-11 12:31 PM
    I really dont have a problem typing on the playbook. I go portrait mode and its all thumbs just like my cell. Auto Correction would definately be an added bonus though I have to agree.
    12-24-11 12:35 PM
    I am looking to buy a PB on the 26th from Sprint, but I am trying to get a head start as to what I can do with it at school. I am a junior is college and I want to use the play book to make my life easier. I already use my 9810 as far as deadlines and appointments and such, but I want to be able to use the playbook within the classroom.

Are their any apps that allow you to write on the playbook screen to take notes? Even any other sort of apps to help with note taking.

How are you using the PB in the classroom to benefit you?
    hey college student here too. so as far as pros with the tablet and tablet specific apps I think downloading groovynotes would be a good idea. you can have different sections foe different classes. then you can add �journal entries" into each section. you can also record within the app which will be apart of that particular entry. for any tablet you should invest in a bluetooth keyboard so it will be much simpler to type.
    12-24-11 01:01 PM
    The BlackBerry PlayBook definitely needs a solid free-style handwriting application for note taking. However, BBOS 2.0 promises to integrate the BlackBerry smartphone keyboard with the BlackBerry tablet applications via Bluetooth which should be good enough for most students. And Jotsy will soon be releasing an application allowing markup of various document types.
    12-24-11 01:03 PM
    College Student here.
    I've been using os2.
    Many of my classes have handouts with the basic topics to be covered in class and the slides handouts from presentations. I have an app that allows me to add notes or highlight a PDF.

As for handwriting I've found a couple of good native apps and some great android apps working great on the pb. Dropbox is usefull to keep sync with my pc.

I tried notetaking with an external keyboard and it was alright.

Notetaking apps that should be good to look at are: GroovyNotes, NoteSmartly, PiciNote. They have their pros and cons.

For quick hand notes I use TuYa, which is like "post-it".

There are some great tools out there from android working on the pb... I just hope there are more available by the time OS2 is officially released.
    12-24-11 01:35 PM
    Auto Correct is in beta version - if you are willing too risk beta. Hopefully, many more apps will be available for your use with OS2 release.
    Some wireless bluetooth keyboards are available - even one in PB case.
    12-24-11 02:29 PM
    thanks fir the tops, ive been looking for some tips as well since im gonna start college here in USA
    12-24-11 03:33 PM
    If I were you, I would get a netbook or laptop for classroom use--if you are a touch typist and can type notes on a keyboard while still paying attention to the professor. Or, and otherwise, I would stick to a pen and notebook (the kind with paper). Personally, for notetaking during presentations, I find a paper notepad the superior method, even though I am good at touch typing and have a good laptop.

Tablets are nice toys, and can be put to certain worthwhile uses--checking email, calendar, even input devices for inventory control--but for any stationary word-processing-type use that I can think of are always going to be inferior to a real computer with better screen, real applications, and a real keyboard.
    12-24-11 03:57 PM
    Auto Correct is in beta version - if you are willing too risk beta. Hopefully, many more apps will be available for your use with OS2 release.
    Some wireless bluetooth keyboards are available - even one in PB case.
    im on beta right now. there is no autocorrect
    12-24-11 09:35 PM
    College Student here.
    I've been using os2.
    Many of my classes have handouts with the basic topics to be covered in class and the slides handouts from presentations. I have an app that allows me to add notes or highlight a PDF.

As for handwriting I've found a couple of good native apps and some great android apps working great on the pb. Dropbox is usefull to keep sync with my pc.

I tried notetaking with an external keyboard and it was alright.

Notetaking apps that should be good to look at are: GroovyNotes, NoteSmartly, PiciNote. They have their pros and cons.

For quick hand notes I use TuYa, which is like "post-it".

There are some great tools out there from android working on the pb... I just hope there are more available by the time OS2 is officially released.
    What are you using to wright with? i cant see using the little rubber tipped stylus' to accurately hand right notes...
    12-24-11 09:56 PM
    im on beta right now. there is no autocorrect
    ya i've seen other OS2 users say that some have spell-check / auto-correct others don't...
    12-24-11 09:58 PM
    Evernote is a useful app.
    You can take notes on your PB. They get synced to the web. You can access your notes on a PC, laptop, PB, Blackberry and several other devices. There are apps for most platforms or you can access it through a browser.
    I use it a lot for work.

Some university/college classes don't allow netbooks/laptops because of the noise from keyboards. Strange but true.
    12-25-11 06:23 AM
    Is there an app to add notes to a power point presntation? I get them from my instructor and would like to add notes during class.
    12-25-11 07:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD